What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Nepalese hash is famous for being the most cerebral hash. I think the breeder of Bangi Haze has done a fantastic job breeding Congolese with Nepalese. There are some chemotypes in Bangi Haze that are exceptionally clear.

Hey bro hope you are well and having a nice season!

Just for the record, there was no Nepalese on the Bangi Haze, the original pedigree was an inbred LMN's White Congo (Congo x White Widow Greenhouse). The strain was originally provided by Alex La Mano Negra in the early 2000s in return of a bunch of Pakistan Chitral seeds that Estai shared with him. He shared the story during one of my many visits when I was curious about the Nepalese parent and all his breeding works. He liked the WC so much that kept inbreeding and growing it for years until it got almost sterile. :biggrin:

la Wc es un cruce de bangi x ww de greenhouse, ya tiene unos cuantos años
Mace es mejor que te cuente el Raco sobre las banghis y la wc,

WC grown by Raco:

7287index_5_1.jpg

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=474388&postcount=23

Hope it helps. :tiphat:

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran

Just for the record, there was no Nepalese on the Bangi Haze, the original pedigree was an inbred LMN's White Congo (Congo x White Widow Greenhouse). The strain was originally provided by Alex La Mano Negra in the early 2000s in return of a bunch of Pakistan Chitral seeds that Estai shared with him. He shared the story during one of my many visits when I was curious about the Nepalese parent and all his breeding works. He liked the WC so much that kept inbreeding and growing it for years until it got almost sterile. :biggrin:

WC grown by Raco:

View Image

Again??..
The same old story:"Northern lights x mexican sativa x afghani x White widow x Congo"...
Probably not the same strain, no?
If I remember correctly Nepalese comes from reeferman and would contain NL, but why Bangi haze can't be Nepalese x Congo ??

ThaiBliss

Veteran

WC grown by Raco:

View Image

Hi Mustafunk,

Good to hear from you.

I was sure there was Nepalese in the Bangi Haze that both ACE and Cannabiogen sold, which were the sources of my seeds. I went and just checked the ACE website and it does say Bangi Haze is Congolese and Nepalese genetics. I've also had a phenotype pop out that looks like the spitting image of of pictures of Nepalese plants taken in Nepal.

It would be great to have the original genetics from Estai, but I don't. However, I still like it very much. We'll see if the Baglung Nepali shares any of the effects that I like so much of the Bangi Haze plants that I grew.

ThaiBliss

Breadwizard

Hi. I know it is not my business. But I wouldn't consider to use any strain from hash making areas if you want to keep the proper high of a sativa to bring down the flowering time. In my experience the small shortening of the flowering time doesn't worth the lose of the real sativa (trippy)

If you are lucky enough to have an "Early" Mexican from Robert C. Clarke, and you want to keep the type of high, my advice is that you make more seeds grow them and try to find the earlier males and females and mate them bringing down the flowering time instead crossing them with something which makes the effects dull after not bringing down so much the flowering time.

I don't want to hijack the trip thread too much, but I wish I could just run the RCC line for earlier finishing, but the seedline I got it through is feminized (first lady by original delicatessen), so I'll need to outcross.

The microclimate is "warm summer Mediterranean" and coastal. Low lying fog dominates most mornings beginning in September, so early flower initiation is super important, along with a more open sativa flower structure, so they can dry off once (if) the fog burns off by early mid afternoon.

I'm hoping that the early, worked, semitropical mexican will create a strong F1 with some early flowering genetics without degrading the high with too much indica footprint. I grabbed the Syrian as the Lebanese was sold out of my usual seedbank, and the Syrian was geographicly close.

Anyway, we'll see how it turns out next year, seeds should be ready for outdoors by then.

Last edited:

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Again??..
The same old story:"Northern lights x mexican sativa x afghani x White widow x Congo"...
Probably not the same strain, no?
If I remember correctly Nepalese comes from reeferman and would contain NL, but why Bangi haze can't be Nepalese x Congo ??

One and the same.
See, the Congo used in White Congo was the NL x Congo x Mexi x Affy....pretty sure that came from Reeferman.
The Congo hybrid went by a few names, including Red Congo and Congo #3

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
According to the words of Charlie Garcia the Nepalese comes from reeferman, the Congo from a "friend" (I imagine it is la mano negra) ...
Congo #3 & Congo Red are different, c. Red is clearly crossed, with a broad leaves...
I don't want to offend you or disrespect you, but I can't believe it's that mix ...

Breadwizard

Charlie G is also quoted saying that Bangi haze isn't made from the bangi clone, but the "Congo 3" clone used in Ace's Conchi, and the Deep Congo, from the same thread posted earlier https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=1052439&postcount=53

I could have sworn I read somewhere on the forums that the Nepal from reeferman was used in the NepJam hybrid, and the Nepal in bangi haze was from a different source, something about it having haze in its genetics somewhere early in it's breeding.

Tangwena

Veteran
In the search for trip weed Panama x Honduras

In the search for trip weed Panama x Honduras

Hi brother I'm so proud of this weeed and I'm tripping does it qualify?

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Ncali

Veteran
It looks spectacular tangawa.

I really want to pop these.

When you land safely back on this planet, hows the terps affected by the cob cure?

Tangwena

Veteran
It looks spectacular tangawa.

I really want to pop these.

When you land safely back on this planet, hows the terps affected by the cob cure?
In this particular type of plant in this particular type of cure the smoke smells of sweet incense like patchouli hash.
The taste is the same check out the golden resin its like window pane acid.

picture.php
picture.php

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
tang...WOW... i just finished (87days) my Zamaldelica grow.. the plant is now sitting in darkness for the next 2-3days, then i going to attempt to cob 1/2 of it... fingers crossed

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi TB sorry for posting that lot yesterday the devil made me do it I was very out of it.
I will edit them out if you feel it takes from the spirit of your fine thread.
Much respect my friend I will stick to the cob thread in future.

therevverend

Veteran
Here's what Cannabiogen always posted on their website, the components of Bangi Haze.

Bangi Haze
»»» Congo x Nepal
Congo
»»» Africa Bangi Congo x {Africa Kongo #3 x Pakistan Chitral}
Africa Kongo #3 x Pakistan Chitral
Africa Kongo #3 »»» Sativa
Pakistan Chitral »»» Indica
Africa Bangi Congo »»» Sativa
Nepal »»» Sativa

So it's (Africa Bangi Congo x [Africa Kongo #3 x PCK]) x Nepali. Ace doesn't list components of the Congo on their website, including the PCK. Of course no idea what Kongo #3 or Bangi Congo are, I suppose they could be hybrids or straight up. Mustafunk is a good source of information, not agreeing or disagreeing with him, just listing what Cannabiogen has always listed.

I've got a Bangi that's PCK dominate, never seen one before. Very wide leaves and purple highlights.

picture.php

picture.php

There's visible resin glands on the leaves, they look like granulated sugar. Been a while since I've seen that on a seedling. From past experience I would have dismissed the possibility of a Widow influence in this strain but I'm seeing a few traits that pop up in the White line. We'll have to wait and see if she's hopefully female when she finishes.

If it is Widow it'd be kind of interesting, at least if Widow is really Brazilian which I've always doubted. Brazilian strains likely have Congo influence, probably quite a bit considering it's right across the pond. It'd be a reunion of sorts. It's all questionable, in my experience if you tie a grower up with his feet in the fire he'll still tell you a different story every time you ask what his genetics are. Each one more exotic then the last.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hi TB sorry for posting that lot yesterday the devil made me do it I was very out of it.
I will edit them out if you feel it takes from the spirit of your fine thread.
Much respect my friend I will stick to the cob thread in future.
Oh God No! Please leave it just as it is, and post many more times with anything you want.

I use this thread as my personal grow documentation, but the thread is meant for EVERYONE who is interested in cerebral/trippy weed. I'm working towards trippier weed and your selections and curing methods are doing the same job. I never smoked green buds the first 15 years I smoked. It was all well cured. LOL

All I ask is more descriptive descriptions of the effects.
:laughing:

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Here's what Cannabiogen always posted on their website, the components of Bangi Haze.

Bangi Haze
»»» Congo x Nepal
Congo
»»» Africa Bangi Congo x {Africa Kongo #3 x Pakistan Chitral}
Africa Kongo #3 x Pakistan Chitral
Africa Kongo #3 »»» Sativa
Pakistan Chitral »»» Indica
Africa Bangi Congo »»» Sativa
Nepal »»» Sativa

So it's (Africa Bangi Congo x [Africa Kongo #3 x PCK]) x Nepali. Ace doesn't list components of the Congo on their website, including the PCK. Of course no idea what Kongo #3 or Bangi Congo are, I suppose they could be hybrids or straight up. Mustafunk is a good source of information, not agreeing or disagreeing with him, just listing what Cannabiogen has always listed.

I've got a Bangi that's PCK dominate, never seen one before. Very wide leaves and purple highlights.

View Image

View Image

There's visible resin glands on the leaves, they look like granulated sugar. Been a while since I've seen that on a seedling. From past experience I would have dismissed the possibility of a Widow influence in this strain but I'm seeing a few traits that pop up in the White line. We'll have to wait and see if she's hopefully female when she finishes.

If it is Widow it'd be kind of interesting, at least if Widow is really Brazilian which I've always doubted. Brazilian strains likely have Congo influence, probably quite a bit considering it's right across the pond. It'd be a reunion of sorts. It's all questionable, in my experience if you tie a grower up with his feet in the fire he'll still tell you a different story every time you ask what his genetics are. Each one more exotic then the last.
It's official. Bangi Haze has reached a stature where origins of the line are discussed, researched, and debated. I think it's also worthy of smoking, and breeding. I should have pictures in 2 weeks of a couple of offspring growing in my "beast-mode" garden. That's half of my garden.

Several of my Bangi Wicked children have that sun kissed meristem, as do all of the Baglung Nepalese.

T.B.

therevverend

Veteran
It's official. Bangi Haze has reached a stature where origins of the line are discussed, researched, and debated.

Ha ha. I guess one other thing I should add, I didn't feel like the effects and flavor of Bangi in my grow, which was only a couple plants, were African or Widowish. It looked and tasted like good Himalayan ganja. I know that means all of squat, especially since it's a hybrid, but it's one person's opinion. One other note from that grow to add, the main stem were infected by Boytritis. Rotted through and caused the top branches to girdle. This effected potency and finishing time for the top of the plant. This was in mid-September, there had been some rain but temperatures were still warm and mild, low to mid 70s F and sunny. I've heard other growers say the same thing happened. Not a huge thing but worth adding to our knowledge of the strain and it's phenotypes. I've noticed some strains are much more susceptible to this kind of disease then others.

On the subject of girdling, since we're discussing traditional methods of curing cannabis like cobbing, has anyone tried the Columbian method? In the 70s before Columbian went full on commercial and the quality went downhill, the best Columbian Gold was cured using girdling. When the plant was finished they'd mutilate the stem, skin it or stick a rock in it, causing the plant to slowly die. The weather, hot and dry, would cause the fan leaves to drop and the flowers to turn gold. Has anyone tried this method purposely, on a fully mature ready to harvest plant?

Of course some of the cannabinoids and terpenes would degrade from sun drying but it wouldn't be as bad as laying the flowers in the sun. Might be a clever way to dry a plant in a tropical environment, would certainly break down the chlorophyll. You couldn't do it in a cool humid region but in hot dry weather it would work. My only experience is with flowers girdled by boytritis, the buds started drying on the plants and were fine to smoke, though a bit weaker because of the immaturity. I think some of the favorable points people raise about long term curing and fermenting might be expedited by this method.

Tangwena

Veteran
Oh God No! Please leave it just as it is, and post many more times with anything you want.

I use this thread as my personal grow documentation, but the thread is meant for EVERYONE who is interested in cerebral/trippy weed. I'm working towards trippier weed and your selections and curing methods are doing the same job. I never smoked green buds the first 15 years I smoked. It was all well cured. LOL

All I ask is more descriptive descriptions of the effects.
:laughing:

ThaiBliss
Thank you brother I have a habit of putting my foot in it ha ha.

The effects are like the first time you snorted fine cocaine you know that king of the world feeling for 3 hours and then like someone slipped you the freshest quarter tab of acid you ever had.

Not quite over the top but enough to let go and just go with the flow for the next 3 or more hours. I'm talking chewed of course not smoked.

This is pretty much my basic need in a high other strains have more or less of any one or more of those effects.
Thats what I call trip weed not LSD but a cannabis cousin of it.

I was thinking all this searching with top notch genetics and not getting the holy grail. I would be looking elsewhere for the reasons.
I can seriously say the stuff around now is just as good as the primo from my youth if not better in some ways.

But thats just me.
Cannabis fills the void in my head left by to much acid in my youth ha ha.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
There is no holy grail that ends the search. The search is constant if you are interested in genetic improvement. If you aren't testing and selecting the best, you are most likely going backwards. It's about the gene pool. Weed would suck if there wasn't variety. That has always been the attraction that kept me smoking. I've started experiencing weed with every strain a new revelation. It has evolved to everything being more homogenized. I keep smoking for the variations that I find. My own strain changes as I find new things to throw at it. The only thing that I want consistency in is the cerebral/trippy and energetic nature. It is a seriously challenging endeavor to mold the genetic expressions of a gene pool that one has dedicated to care for.

Do most people really think I'd find something good and say "this is it, I'm done"? The subject area of this thread is "Marijuana Strains and Breeding".

Tangwena

Veteran
There is no holy grail that ends the search. The search is constant if you are interested in genetic improvement. If you aren't testing and selecting the best, you are most likely going backwards. It's about the gene pool. Weed would suck if there wasn't variety. That has always been the attraction that kept me smoking. I've started experiencing weed with every strain a new revelation. It has evolved to everything being more homogenized. I keep smoking for the variations that I find. My own strain changes as I find new things to throw at it. The only thing that I want consistency in is the cerebral/trippy and energetic nature. It is a seriously challenging endeavor to mold the genetic expressions of a gene pool that one has dedicated to care for.

Do most people really think I'd find something good and say "this is it, I'm done"? The subject area of this thread is "Marijuana Strains and Breeding".
Wow thats a high calling my friend I see why you are doing it.
Oh but that I could join in as well but the law is so harsh here.
More power to you man thats such an exciting thing to do.
Only mother nature to deal with, it spaces me out just thinking about it.

F

Fermented

but the law is so harsh here.

You mean like 10 years ~ life for dealing or growing, 3 ~ 7 years for a personal growing and 3 months just for having THC in your urine? Where I live this is the norm and it is such a buzz kill, ganja is regarded as the same "evil" as smack or meth, I shit you not and just how phucked up this is that? ...I live in a constant state of being careful, being aware and trying to be one step ahead so I don't let the wrong guys win and the right guy (me) lose.

Most people here jay walk, I don't. I stand there and wait until the light turns green, then I cross the road. When a dick head deserves a smack, I don't give it to him. I walk away and grit my teeth. I don't break little laws. I don't play loud music or go mental at neighbors....The only good thing about prohibition is that it creates better citizens out of smokers because we don't want to draw the heat....but damn. some people are just so unaware just how close they were to getting a big slap! lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts