What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

Sticky Sat

Hi guys :)

Beautiful sage TB :)

i ran a few Sages F2s last year, the original F1s seeds were from 2003.
Most phenos from the F2s were sat dominant, some very good... The best one was impossible to clone but i crossed it with a Bangi Haze male.

There was 2 strange things i experienced with the Sage...

When breeding the F1s back in 2003, all F2 seeds i got from a particular (very sat dom) pheno didn't have anything growing after the cotyledons... the sprouts just died...

In last year's run, there was a beautiful sat dominant male we had much hope for but he never had any pollen...
Lucky i had the BH male... :)

Here's a bud from the pheno i kept. Still running a few atm but i think it's the last time... Drones are making growing here a trickiest thing then it already was...

attachment.php

Cheers all :)

LostTribe

Premium user
Hi guys :)

Beautiful sage TB :)

i ran a few Sages F2s last year, the original F1s seeds were from 2003.
Most phenos from the F2s were sat dominant, some very good... The best one was impossible to clone but i crossed it with a Bangi Haze male.

There was 2 strange things i experienced with the Sage...

When breeding the F1s back in 2003, all F2 seeds i got from a particular (very sat dom) pheno didn't have anything growing after the cotyledons... the sprouts just died...

In last year's run, there was a beautiful sat dominant male we had much hope for but he never had any pollen...
Lucky i had the BH male... :)

Here's a bud from the pheno i kept. Still running a few atm but i think it's the last time... Drones are making growing here a trickiest thing then it already was...

View Image

Cheers all :)

That looks exactly like the SAGE i had back in the day in CO it was probably 10 years ago. Great head and fantastic scents.

LostTribe

Premium user
There are a few diff mm/nevs haze seeds from Bushweed and few others with mm up on real gorilla seeds at mo.Trying to narrow down which seeds to get as are expensive but would like a pack of them all!

Thank you for that info! I knew Southern Star had the Nanan-Bouclou crossed to it but they are out of OZ. Rather check RGS for sure.

edit:

Wow very interesting. Going to try and ask K about these especially the MM x Thai 78 and the Nevils 21 x MM . Sounds like Nevil and K may have collaborated on these. Definitely worth looking into. Hard to choose just one.

I remember Wally or someone telling folks that the origins of the MM were most likely from Thailand. My memory is really fading these days but they were also discussing Laos and Columbian too. Sort of fuzzy.

Best
LT

Breadwizard

picture.php

Zamaldelica 'A' bonsai at 8 weeks of flowering, seeded. Man this one wants to foxtail like a mofo. I bet it'd look gnarly full sized.
picture.php

And here's a bangi haze at 8 weeks, holding bangi haze x zamaldelica seeds.

Last edited:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

I've been cutting back my seed plants again and again to keep them small. This seems to homogenize the looks of the plants somewhat, enough that it is hard to tell which plants are which. Not the Gypsy Thai cross or the lankiest most menthol smelling Super Laos. Here are a couple of pics of that Laos in the morning sun:
picture.php

picture.php

Super S.E. Asian without a doubt!
:dance013:
ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
At the complete opposite end of the spectrum, Baglung Nepali. It's flowering already. It started before days started getting shorter. If this even turns out half decent, the early flowering will be very valuable. It may even be too early. LOL
picture.php

picture.php

I hope I don't get a headache from it. I'm lowering my own expectations. The Bangi Haze that has Nepalese in it is divine. I suspect this is Nepalese with European wild roadside red in it. At least it's not Afghani hash plant. Well worth the experiment.

Time will tell,

ThaiBliss

MrFecund

I'm interested to know who has tried these,

Here at ACE Seeds we’ve done it again with Killer A5 Haze, creating a monstrous new sativa hybrid that has the potential to produce the most potent plants, with the highest amount of THC in our catalogue.

A5 Haze is one of the rarest mothers (and probably the most powerful one) belonging to the family of Dutch elite clones of Haze hybrids that Nevil Schoenmakers developed at the end of the 80s and that are still preserved to this day. This Northern Lights #5/Haze A mother is characterised by its extremely trippy and devastating potency, high production and by its incensed, organic and meaty aromas of authentic Dutch 'Old School' Haze with a greater influence from ancient Colombian sativas. The rarity of this A5 Haze mother is due to Nevil losing the Haze A male very early on, meaning that seeds were never produced in commercial quantities using this Haze A male.

With Killer A5 Haze our main goal was to create a sativa dominant hybrid that would maintain (and even exceed) the extreme potency, high vigour and high yields of the A5 mother, and we have achieved this by hybridising her with the killer phenotypes of our powerful Malawi, with which we have increased the THC content even further, reaching as high as 30% (the upper limit that cannabis plants can produce). At the same time we have considerably increased resin production and trichome size, and we have reduced the long flowering time of the A5 Haze to something more moderate (not only indoors, but also in its faster reaction to flowering outdoors) without having to introduce indica genetics. Despite its great sativa vigour and its very high production, Killer A5 Haze grows with a contained and manageable size, making it our sativa dominant hybrid with the highest production per m2.

In Killer A5 Haze we find 4 phenotypes:

- Haze dominant pheno: This phenotype is the one that shows the greatest Colombian sativa influence from the Haze A male, producing huge and beautiful colas with an excellent flower/leaf ratio, which mature with elegant and delicate reflowerings. Woody and incensed aromas of pure Haze. The resin production of this pheno is good, but not as extreme as in the following 3 phenotypes. Flowering time: 75-90 days.

- NL/Haze pheno: This pheno shows a greater indica influence from the Northern Lights, and therefore a smaller size, faster flowering and lower flower/leaf ratio. It is also the most faithful to the characteristics of the original A5 Haze mother, producing rounded and very resinous flowers with a silver appearance, which produces characteristic horn-shaped reflowerings at the end of flowering. Incensed, meaty (liver) and organic (petals of decaying flowers) aromas. Flowering time: 66-80 days.

- Haze/Malawi pheno: Sativa dominant and well balanced pheno in terms of displaying characteristics from both Haze A and Malawi parents. It produces huge, very dense colas, with an excellent flower/leaf ratio, with the gleaming resin coverage of our Malawi. It produces slight reflowerings in its final stages, although not as pronounced as in the first 2 phenos. Incense and woody Haze aromas, with the oily and resinous background of Malawi. Flowering time: 75-85 days.

- Silverish Malawi pheno: Monstrous sativa phenotype with a greater Malawi influence. Incredibly high flower to leaf ratio, very high production, with the classic huge trichomes and ovaries of our Malawi, and with a prodigious resin production that lends it an aggressive silverish appearance when mature, bringing the characteristics of Malawi Killer phenotypes to very extreme levels that have rarely been reached before. Flowering time: 75-85 days.

With these new projects, our priority will be to try to raise the bar of Sativa Haze breeding, by crossing these old elite Dutch Haze clones with elite parentals of our most worked sativa varieties, and also in organoleptic terms, experimenting with different types of incense profiles by hybridising elite parents in this regard.

We’d especially like to thank Karma for rescuing the A5 Haze mother, and for offering it to us for the development of Killer A5 Haze.

type
POLY HYBRID
Format
Feminized
Sativa / Indica ratio
80 % sativa / 20 % indica
THC
23-30 %
CBD
Null
CBG
0.3 %
Flowering indoors
9-12 weeks
Flowering outdoors
End of October / Early November
Yield
Very High
Resistance against spider mites
Average-High
Resistance against powder mildew
High
Resistance against botrytis
Average
Resistance against white fly
Average-High
Resistance against cold
Average-High
Resistance against heat
High
Latitude
0º-43º
Genetics
A5 Haze by Nevil (Northern Lights #5/HazeA) x Malawi Killer.
Structure
Excellent vigour. Branched sativa structure with medium internode distance, of a contained and manageable size and stretch.
Bouquet
Dutch old school dark incensed Haze aroma, meaty (liver), with a strong organic/rotten background, with final touches of decomposing flower petals, resin and cured wood.
High
Extraordinarily powerful, complex, profound and long lasting. Psychedelic beginning that completely changes visual, auditory and tactile perception, catapulting the psyche to new dimensions where there seems to be no tangible reality. As the effect develops, it produces an uncontrollable hilarity, later becoming more introspective and physical, producing strong dissociation of mind and body, and a strong final narcosis similar to opiates. Recommended only for the most intrepid and experienced psychonauts. It can cause panic and/or complete physical debilitation to users with low tolerance or without experience with strong sativas of this caliber. Nothing will be ever the same after trying Killer A5 Haze.
Terpene profile
It mainly contains the following monoterpenes: high amounts of beta myrcene and smaller amounts of limonene. Sesquiterpenes: Only beta caryophyllene.
Growing Tips
Indoors, outstanding results can be achieved in terms of quality and production with a correct and abundant feeding and strong light intensity. A sativa hybrid that’s very well suited to SCROG culture due to its excellent branching and lateral production.

Outdoors, it can be cultivated up to 43º latitude, although it is a variety that works best in climates with hot summers and warm, dry autumn weather, due to the density and size that its flowers can reach.

We recommend high levels of nutrients for the whole cycle.

SolarLogos

I'm interested to know who has tried these,

Here at ACE Seeds we’ve done it again with Killer A5 Haze, creating ...
On the Ace forum, you will find an entire thread dedicated to Killer A5 Haze, along with grow logs. Here is the link.:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=359412
There are some other thread from individuals on the Ace forum as well that have grown it and tried it. I think you will find what you are looking for there.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

At the complete opposite end of the spectrum, Baglung Nepali. It's flowering already. It started before days started getting shorter. If this even turns out half decent, the early flowering will be very valuable. It may even be too early. LOL
View Image
View Image

I hope I don't get a headache from it. I'm lowering my own expectations. The Bangi Haze that has Nepalese in it is divine. I suspect this is Nepalese with European wild roadside red in it. At least it's not Afghani hash plant. Well worth the experiment.

Time will tell,

ThaiBliss
Looks lovely TB. Love the beautiful flowers too, :biggrin:

Peace, God bless

MrFecund

On the Ace forum, you will find an entire thread dedicated to Killer A5 Haze, along with grow logs. Here is the link.:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=359412
There are some other thread from individuals on the Ace forum as well that have grown it and tried it. I think you will find what you are looking for there.
Peace, God bless

ok thanks, not many results their. guess it is only new. I was also trying to share with others who might be interested.

SolarLogos

ok thanks, not many results their. guess it is only new. I was also trying to share with others who might be interested.
I think ULMW may have a thread on it. DeepWaterDude has some info here. I think Orfeas has tried it too. I haven't, but it is on the list, albeit, a long list:biggrin:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=361973&page=7

I think there are a couple smoke reports there. People usually go AWOL for 6 months after harvest though, it's one of the main side-effects apparently. Hope this helps my friend.
Peace, God bless

therevverend

Veteran
One of my first seedlings to sprout was my Bangi Haze, throughout the early seedling stage it was one of the best looking. Big and chunky. After the first transplant the other seedlings began catching up and surpassing it but it remained one of the best. I didn't get it in the ground with my first round of plantings but it made the second round. Since then it hasn't done anything. Just sat there, looking good but not the same lush vigorous growth a lot of my other plants have shown.

The smell is much better then any other Bangi (and those Bangis smelled good!) I've smelled, delightful with a sweet almost berry smell. I'm not sure what a plant does when it sits in stasis for a month or two. It got bigger but you couldn't tell looking at it every day. Maybe expanding their root system and breaking down nutrients in the soil? Storing up nitrogen and carbohydrates for the stretch run?

She's finally entered a growth spurt, reached my height and starting to bush out. Here's a picture.

picture.php

Nothing too exciting but she's in perfect health and really right on schedule. She still bears a similarity to the Pakistani Chitral Kush, color and leaf, but not as obvious as when she was younger. Definitely has a wide leaf Kush type growth pattern, early vigor and size then a slow phase leading into adolescence. She could still bulk up quite a bit, lots of time left. Looking forward to how the flowers turn out.

I planted a Purple Lui next to her, very different growth pattern. She's been leggy all the way, very little branching at first but now she's bushing out. To me it's showing much more of a Nepali type branching structure. (not that I know where she originally came from)

picture.php

Similar look to her other neighbor, the Purple Satellite.

picture.php

Interesting watching the different strategies cannabis uses, the gracile plants that put everything into getting tall, then switch to bushing out. Compared to the more compact wider leaf pattern, putting the vigor into growing stout stems, branches, and leaves. Getting tall is of secondary importance. We see it all because of all the nutrients we feed our plants but in an environment with limited resources, food and water, these growth strategies are critical. A good hybrid combines these strategies. Usually sacrificing leaf width and total bushiness to create a much bigger frame. I've been paying more attention to root system the last couple years, as a breeder it's something worth noting.

The Purple Sat is weird, even heavily rootbound it doesn't grow roots horizontally, everything is vertical. So much so that it's vertical roots shoot out the biggest horizontal hairs I've seen. A plant that gets tall quickly with minimal branching to grab that light needs long vertical roots to keep upright. As opposed to a fat Aghani that has the luxury of sending out lots of horizontal roots along with wide leaves to 'claim it's patch'.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,
I'm long overdue with pictures of my Zamaldelica plant. I'm thinking Malawi Gold when I look at this plant. Hahaaha First picture double posted somehow. I wish I had 2 of these growing:
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Close-up of the leaves at the top. Judging by the size of the leaves near the top, the plant finally acclimated to how and where I'm growing it. This plant didn't seem used to this soil type, climate, or my style of growing. It was looking unhappy, stunted, or just a less than vigorous plant. To me, the bigger, longer leaves makes me think it is better now:
picture.php

I rubbed the stems this evening, and I got very fruity and tart aromas, with a medicine-like nauseating background smell. Gnarly.

ThaiBliss

Bob Green

Looks like a great Zamaldelica you found Thai! I need to try that seedline someday. I did grow a few Stardawg x Zamal and loved her. It always made me feel a little on the goofy side.

Shoot great selection all around sir!

My friends in Australia say Mullumbimby Madness has an old school OZ cough medicine thing going on along with her pine, baking bread, incense types. After growing a few of her hybrids I can see it. Interesting that you found that medicine aroma in Zamaldelica. I had a Mullum Super Chem that reeked of it. Smoking mothballs hahaha!

Looking forward to seeing your season Kicking into gear.

sdd420

Veteran
Looks like a great Zamaldelica you found Thai! I need to try that seedline someday. I did grow a few Stardawg x Zamal and loved her. It always made me feel a little on the goofy side.

Shoot great selection all around sir!

My friends in Australia say Mullumbimby Madness has an old school OZ cough medicine thing going on along with her pine, baking bread, incense types. After growing a few of her hybrids I can see it. Interesting that you found that medicine aroma in Zamaldelica. I had a Mullum Super Chem that reeked of it. Smoking mothballs hahaha!

Looking forward to seeing your season Kicking into gear.

Smells sound like they are similar to Thai smells

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Smells sound like they are similar to Thai smells
Bingo!

I have come across medicinal aromas often. I'm always trying Thai hybrids and looking for original Thai genetics. It's not the common or dominant aroma in pure Thai, but I see it in Thai hybrids.

If you are a breeder and not using Thai relatives, you are not the breeder for me. Hopefully, this Zamaldelica has enough of the Thai vibe to make it valuable to me. Then again, if it is top shelf, it's valuable. My snobbery only goes so far.

Thanks to the Aussies for their Thai preservation efforts.
:gday:

Latest posts

Latest posts