What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

You guys are killing it. Special thanks for the Rev and Herbgreen for so much effort.

Maha Kala - What genetics are those trippy bud?

A few more thoughts on SAGE. I had two cuttings of Big Sur Holy Weed, a green one and a purple one. The purple BSHW was nearly indistinguishable next to the SAGE cut I had. All the highs had some similarities.

A quote of a quote from Herbgreen, "...and the weed is exremely potent. especially if it is allowed to cure properly..." is so true. The end product is noticeably improved if grown in cool temps, low nitrogen, and cured for 9 months. The aroma becomes pure turpentine. The high is truly Holy Weed!

I'm no botanist, but I think all the Cannabis is one extremely plastic species. From the perspective of this thread, the only differences in general are:

Trip Weed (cerebral, soaring, simulative, sensory enhancing)
Hash Weed (sleepy time, muscle relaxing, doltish)
Rope (clothes, paper, oil, butter, birdseed)

LOL. I tend to exaggerate and generalize.

I got more feedback on my latest cross with Kali Mist. This appears to have taken the lead of all my experiments. I quote from one who has, in the past, told me that there is not much difference between indica and sativa, "Really good. Very uplifting." They are coming around. This is the second person who thinks it is superior to the Nanan Bouclou test.

My Wicked (trippy) Weed x Kali Mist:
picture.php

picture.php

I'll be soon looking for a SAGE-ified Wicked Weed male to pollinate the plant pictured above for seeds.

All the Best,

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
A quote from Maha Kala on the RUST thread:

"I know such effect, but still different from og kush. when og kush effect fades off, this stuff starts kickin full punch. and sure
biggrin.gif
zzzz but after 3 hours of adventure across your mind. I prefer those energetic. I cant say NLhaze of og kush x haze(og kush is NL hybrid anyway) has not quality effect, like I said more medical quality.. if I am going to grow long flowering stuff I want this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman
Potent, up, electric, speedy, clear, cerebral, euphoric, psychedelic, energetic, mental, as well as no ceiling, every time you take a hit you get higher and get rushes. Makes folks turn white and get low blood pressure and pass out when they stand up, get paranoid. -SamS

I thought it was worth posting it here.

T.B.

harvestreaper

Veteran
that description by sam is pretty much what i seek ,,had a sk haze like that many moons ago that i lost, been chasing her likeness ever since lol

herbgreen

Veteran
yeah, little did we know those fat, resinous, wide leaf, potent hash plants would nearly be the death of weed!

However, as it has just been said here someplace ...the phenos within hybrids can be almost pure expressions and they bring with them something a bit of magic from the land of afghani

Its been done I think by breeder steve w/ the sweet skunk and it took 1000 plants

It probably takes that many because he only found two haze plants in a thousand and one became that clone 'sweet skunk'

Its probably true with Flo and SAGE as well....F13 and mextiza

And thats one goal for 'breeding'... its more like a huge numbers game

hybrids have made growing to finish possible and indoor much easier....There is something to a hybrid!

It used to be a big deal if you had a hybrid....because it can finish and put out decent in northern climates...Now its like the opposite..."its polluted with indica...Its corrupt!"

The united states is not Mexico or highland Colombia...its not Jamaica either

These things are of value

My point is there's an amazing super plant in 1000 + of hybrid that is beyond many of the best of where it came from

... The true potential for greatness in there

Its one in 1000+

We do not live in a world that gives a crap about 1000 plants.....

World of misinformation and super idiots, moronic laws, regulations and fuckd up committees... "who needs that much dope?"

Rant over.....but really, we cant grow the real shit that easy....we need sativa freak phenos to grow....and they come from hybrids

therevverend

Veteran
This is the feral or landrace version of Afghan types. It's been a hunch for a long time that in places that produce high quality cannabis or hashish, Afghanistan, India, and Thailand, it's inaccurate to call the strains landraces. I believe there's so much selection going on, purposefully crossing the best males by females, that they're a step above landrace varieties. In these areas an effort was made to remove males and grow crops that were nearly sinsemilla.

From Marijuana Botany on SE Asian Cannabis (1981): "Until recent times cannabis farming has been a cottage industry of the northern mountain areas and each family grew a small garden. The pride of a farmer in his crop was reflected in the high quality and seedless nature of each carefully wrapped Thai stick. Due largely to the craving of Americans for exotic marijuana, cannabis cultivation has become big business in Thailand and farmers are growing large fields of lower quality cannabis in the eastern lowlands. It is suspected that other cannabis strains, brought to Thailand to replenish local strains and begin large plantations, may have hybridized with original Thai strains and altered the resident genetics."

"Strains from Thailand are characterized by tall, meandering growth of the main stalk and limbs and fairly extensive branching. The leaves are often very large with 9-11 long slender, coarsly serrated leaflets arranged in a drooping hand-like array. They refer to them as 'alligator tails' and the name is appropriate."

"It is not understood why Thai strains turn hermaphrodite as a reaction to the extremes of northern temperate weather or if it's genetic. To the dismay of many, Thai strains mature late, flower slowly, and ripen unevenly. Retarded floral development and apparent disregard for changes in photoperiod and weather may have given rise to the story that in Thailand canabis plants live and flower for years. Despite these shortcomings, Thai strains are very psychoactive and many hybrid crosses have been made with rapidly maturing strains like Mexican and Hindu Kush. The calyxes of Thai strains are very large, as are the seeds and other anatomical features. The seeds are very large, ovoid, slightly flattened, and light brown or tan in color. The perianth is never mottled or striped except at the base."

That's a mouthful but great information. At what point did the Thai sticks change into mass produced hybridized commercial? I'd wager that chocolate Thai, the stuff that replaced the Thai Sticks around here, was probably hybridized especially by the time this was written, 1981. My friend who dealt Thai Sticks and then Chocolate Thai when the market changed, mid 70s-1986 said it was excellent but a step down from Thai Sticks. It wasn't chocolate from the strain it was chocolate from the curing process, I'd guess it may have been purple to begin with and turned chocolate colored after cure.

The best strain I've ever grown and smoked, Purple Giant, was bred during the 80s by a grower in the Bay area. It took him at least ten years, the genetics were Thai with some Afghan, I suspect a bit of Mexican but not much. It was superficially similar to the best purple strains today, the Mendocino and Humboldt purple Hindu Kush types. Quick flowering time (7-8) weeks, finished mid to late September outdoors, beautiful purple color made darker by cold which it liked. Growing indoors in the heat of the summer it wouldn't quite turn purple and it would get scraggy and more hermie.

It would always show nanners and when you made seeds some would be hopeless hermaphrodites that would turn at 3 or 4 weeks. The pistils were big and the resin glands were huge, biggest I've ever seen and it was super frosted. It wasn't super sticky, the resin was the dry type. The seeds weren't mottled or striped. It was so strong and psychedelic, trip weed in a sense but it could put you down hard. A friend called it herijuana long before that strain came around. The pattern would be a two to four hour trip followed either by more bong hits or a nap.

Another characteristic is that it would make you cough your lungs out. Even if you took one small hit you'd cough and if you were greedy or smoking it for the first time you'd be hacking painfully for five minutes. A friend described it as 'the devil grabbing your lungs.' This would lead to burning red eyes and a sterotypical obliterated stoned look and munchies.

The plant was difficult, eccentric to grow. It could grow more like a vine then cannabis plant at times. Had a tendency to fall over and throw up branches. It had the usual 3 finger purple kush type leaf pattern but it's progeny could revert to full on narrow leaves. One was called the Crystal Sativa bushiest thing I've ever seen. Very quick flowering and the stone was the same combination of narcotic and trippy.

Not sure I agree with your 3 categories, it's much more complicated then that but as usual my post is turning into a book and I've spent almost an hour when I should have spent 5 minutes. Not going to edit so I apologize for any bad grammer, etc.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
yeah, little did we know those fat, resinous, wide leaf, potent hash plants would nearly be the death of weed!

However, as it has just been said here someplace ...the phenos within hybrids can be almost pure expressions and they bring with them something a bit of magic from the land of afghani

Its been done I think by breeder steve w/ the sweet skunk and it took 1000 plants

It probably takes that many because he only found two haze plants in a thousand and one became that clone 'sweet skunk'

Its probably true with Flo and SAGE as well....F13 and mextiza

And thats one goal for 'breeding'... its more like a huge numbers game

hybrids have made growing to finish possible and indoor much easier....There is something to a hybrid!

It used to be a big deal if you had a hybrid....because it can finish and put out decent in northern climates...Now its like the opposite..."its polluted with indica...Its corrupt!"

The united states is not Mexico or highland Colombia...its not Jamaica either

These things are of value

My point is there's an amazing super plant in 1000 + of hybrid that is beyond many of the best of where it came from

... The true potential for greatness in there

Its one in 1000+

We do not live in a world that gives a crap about 1000 plants.....

World of misinformation and super idiots, moronic laws, regulations and fuckd up committees... "who needs that much dope?"

Rant over.....but really, we cant grow the real shit that easy....we need sativa freak phenos to grow....and they come from hybrids
its not that it is corrupt. the fact is that by crossing it to northern lights you will loose cerebral and mainly no-ceiling properties of smoke.. why to grow NL x tropical NLD and look for these properties in 1000 plants. while you can make afghani x nld x nld and find it in 20 plants? among 9/10 weeks plants to find it is almost impossible there - that is fiction. while in 14 weeks its there frequently.. K1 zamal landrace or super laos takes 14 weeks to finish, so you can cross it with sage or f13 and you have it with 12 weekers. why to cross it with mazar??? has no sense.

herbgreen

Veteran
its not that it is corrupt. the fact is that by crossing it to northern lights you will loose cerebral and mainly no-ceiling properties of smoke.. why to grow NL x tropical NLD and look for these properties in 1000 plants. while you can make afghani x nld x nld and find it in 20 plants? among 9/10 weeks plants to find it is almost impossible there - that is fiction. while in 14 weeks its there frequently.. K1 zamal landrace or super laos takes 14 weeks to finish, so you can cross it with sage or f13 and you have it with 12 weekers. why to cross it with mazar??? has no sense.

oh no, I agree

the k1, the mangu carrot. the mango pepper, and double zamal

These are some of the most recent best things to come available

But also the mr nice collection have alot of old unique phenos to be discoverd in because of the old haze male

cross the sativa leaning with the wild sativa this is what I think about as well.......

there are some things out there that are unique and powerful sativa but came from sativa-hybrids... my only point

Anyway, when i used to buy bud it was totally frustrating... people say they have a sativa......

I ended up really looking for airy bud that was spear shaped and just ignore whatever they said

And even then it was never even close to cure....all fuckd up!

Trust me know what you mean. :biggrin:

I wood

Veteran
Purple Zamal x Bangi Haze from aces r&d list is the trippiest thing I’ve found in a long time.
Excellent energetic buzz with almost no tiredness on returning to ground level.
Reminds me of a mescaline buzz in that with closed eyes it is euphoric and colorful, open eyes and clear headed expanded thinking and able to function normally. Doing math in my head is one test I use for this. Eyes open, correct answer. Eyes closed and you forget about the math altogether.
Just what I’ve been searching for.
Cobbed up half of the plant, can’t wait to eat a chunk of that.
13 weeks flowering at 11/13 under 600 watt metal halide.

Next up, ready in a couple of weeks.
Mauritius x Ethiopian & Bangi Haze x Ethiopian.
Hoping for some trippyness out of these as well.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
The main thing when you breed a NLD to a afghani is... to not select for the Indica phenos like the majority of what i see people do.... If your gonna select a hybrid pheno at least keep it truly NLD dom before you direct the breeding too far from the original in the 1st generation... You wanna go slow as possible and only enhance the original NLD..... If its a 16 weeker, keep it 16 weeker just find a more vigorous or frosty 16 week version than original, dont use the middle 10 weeker out the gate.. Then start a real project with the enhanced version. Nothing dramatic should happen in 1 or 2 generations...

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
The main thing when you breed a NLD to a afghani is... to not select for the Indica phenos like the majority of what i see people do.... If your gonna select a hybrid pheno at least keep it truly NLD dom before you direct the breeding too far from the original in the 1st generation... You wanna go slow as possible and only enhance the original NLD..... If its a 16 weeker, keep it 16 weeker just find a more vigorous or frosty 16 week version than original, dont use the middle 10 weeker out the gate.. Then start a real project with the enhanced version. Nothing dramatic should happen in 1 or 2 generations...
also it depends what aghani individual. I was talking more about so called "hammers" that is what certain part of smokers like: hammer ghani crossed with NLD.. in this case from my experience, 16 weeker of neville´s haze still has a ceiling, while 14 weeker of original haze NOT. that is what the most of growers think, I got 16 week pheno of haze hybrid I got haze, but its not. northern lights 5 is not even pure ghani, it has some NLD genes in it.. and still takes the ceiling down..

Breadwizard

Update! Here's the seedlings with their first two sets of true leaves. The shortest one also seems to have the fattest second set of leaves, we'll see if that carries on. The one with mutated cotyledons is also the slowest to get going, but is stretching less than the others.
picture.php

You can also see the guava jelly cbd in the back, with the bangi haze as well.

Sticky Sat

Lovingly promising man ! :)

Speaking of Bangi Haze, here's a mix of Bango (O x Bangi Haze) buds after a few months cure in a jar... Being in the peak of the rain season, i'm taking advantage of an unsual morning sun to control moisture... ;)
attachment.php

One of the plants it comes from... :)
attachment.php

Attachments

• cured bango.jpg
    cured bango.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 28

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Update! Here's the seedlings with their first two sets of true leaves. The shortest one also seems to have the fattest second set of leaves, we'll see if that carries on. The one with mutated cotyledons is also the slowest to get going, but is stretching less than the others. View Image
You can also see the guava jelly cbd in the back, with the bangi haze as well.
Looking good so far. Thanks for posting.

I'd like to have some fun at guessing from what I see now. Are your plants numbered or marked in some way? I'm looking for the most Thai leaning phenotype/chemotype. Towards that goal, I'd already cull the middle one in the back row, which looks Malawi leaning. I'm thinking the one on the left side in the back row is male.

I'd like to see if they develop as I'm guessing.

picture.php

ThaiBliss

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
my bad.. Posted that in wrong thread bruddah Thai lol... Mullum is definitely trippy though, maybe its a sign.

M

Mr D

The combination of Zamaldelica and Durban Punch produced what some might consider trip weed using currently available genetics. The DP amps up the psychedelic side that can be present in the right Zamal/Thai female and create a very intense ride.

Breadwizard

I've got them labeled a-e, I'm quite looking forward to the expertise in knowing the phenotypes, I'm hoping for thai/zamal leaning ones.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
The combination of Zamaldelica and Durban Punch produced what some might consider trip weed using currently available genetics. The DP amps up the psychedelic side that can be present in the right Zamal/Thai female and create a very intense ride.
Good idea. Looking for a good Durban Poison.

Latest posts

Latest posts