What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

harvestreaper

Veteran
picture.php

yet more nanan bouclou crosses from couple of years back ,,this one was trippy to ,,nanan bouclou x blue door x choco chiba

bioBeast

Good evening guys ..! I have the honour to share with you a smoke-report of @delicorganic’s Kalamata Red variety.
First of all, the seeding took place outdoors at the end of May in Peloponnese and the harvesting in early November..
Generally, it showed strength on high temperatures but also on the first chills. The most important? It didn’t get affected by caterpillars and mites .!! Additionally, the plant did not need lots of fertilizers..!
The produced quantity was sufficiently decent and the quality just amazing.
Unfortunately I did not have the luck to get the red phenotype ‘cause of the small number of the plants, but still I am fully satisfied.
When you see it, it’s full of crystal .!! Even the new generation hybrids’ breeders would get jealous on it !!
About aromas and its high it’s the typical old-school Kalamata.
The aromas and flavours of the variety are earthly for sure..
Wood, lemon and and a very strong hash smell that gets through your soul and leaves a crisp taste and a perfect hashy aftertaste.
Now about the high which is the most important:
Very uplifting and active (I use vaporizer). Every time I smoke, my head gets benumbed .!! For sure I will stand up on my feet to do something with full consentration .. The perfect “anti-depressant”, you never get bored .!!
Of course, you must not underestimate one of the two phenotypes I spotted .. If you smoke a lotthrough the day, you get really high,almost trippy but in the pleasant way of it.
Congrats @delicorganic for your work on the seed and congrats again ‘cause this variety worths to be preserved and saved, to be known to the majority and to seed it around the Globe.
It’s a honour for me that I tasted a local variety and not only I didn’t get disappointed (like many other times), but I got exited and became my first choice on high quality products.
You keep a high valued treasure in your hands.
Congrats my friend! Keep on the way you do ...

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Smoked my Nanan Bouclou a couple more times. Same deal, other world feelings. Got the plant revegging thank God. Took 6 weeks or more to get going.

Trippy is subjective but this is the other world effect. Some Panama Red has a elevator effect of going down, stopping, going again. Also swirling effect like being in a tidal movement. Others can have more brightening of colors, Lots of trips out there.

A clue on the Nanan Bouclou is I do not want to smoke it more than once a week, usually less. That is a sign that the trip is strong. I like a good euphoric high more for regular use. C99 is getting a lot of love lately. The C99 makes me feel a thousand miles away quite often, but with the world in my rear view mirror, a trip in it's own right. The Nanan makes me feel in the moment and 'here,' but here is really different than before.

The ACE Honduras has that old Mexican glow high where things are bright and glowing. Not so much the weird out of body or other worldly effect the Nanan has. The Nanan does not give me noids but is quite intense and a little on edge with no references to 'home' so gotta prepare myself if toking more than a bit of it.

harvestreaper

Veteran
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69135&pictureid=1912680&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69135&pictureid=1912679&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
Good evening guys ..! I have the honour to share with you a smoke-report of @delicorganic’s Kalamata Red variety.
First of all, the seeding took place outdoors at the end of May in Peloponnese and the harvesting in early November..
Generally, it showed strength on high temperatures but also on the first chills. The most important? It didn’t get affected by caterpillars and mites .!! Additionally, the plant did not need lots of fertilizers..!
The produced quantity was sufficiently decent and the quality just amazing.
Unfortunately I did not have the luck to get the red phenotype ‘cause of the small number of the plants, but still I am fully satisfied.
When you see it, it’s full of crystal .!! Even the new generation hybrids’ breeders would get jealous on it !!
About aromas and its high it’s the typical old-school Kalamata.
The aromas and flavours of the variety are earthly for sure..
Wood, lemon and and a very strong hash smell that gets through your soul and leaves a crisp taste and a perfect hashy aftertaste.
Now about the high which is the most important:
Very uplifting and active (I use vaporizer). Every time I smoke, my head gets benumbed .!! For sure I will stand up on my feet to do something with full consentration .. The perfect “anti-depressant”, you never get bored .!!
Of course, you must not underestimate one of the two phenotypes I spotted .. If you smoke a lotthrough the day, you get really high,almost trippy but in the pleasant way of it.
Congrats @delicorganic for your work on the seed and congrats again ‘cause this variety worths to be preserved and saved, to be known to the majority and to seed it around the Globe.
It’s a honour for me that I tasted a local variety and not only I didn’t get disappointed (like many other times), but I got exited and became my first choice on high quality products.
You keep a high valued treasure in your hands.
Congrats my friend! Keep on the way you do ...
very nice i have freinds in kalamata and your post reminds me of the lovely local weed i smoked there specially that hashy aftertaste i belive some the genetic deseceds from there hash growing days beautiful feelgood weed was like laughing gas

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Smoked my Nanan Bouclou a couple more times... other world feelings... I do not want to smoke it more than once a week.. makes me feel in the moment and 'here,' but here is really different than before... weird out of body or other worldly effect... quite intense and a little on edge with no references to 'home'... gotta prepare myself if toking...
Yes, Nanan Bouclou is good old school type sativa weed. These effects qualify for my trip weed definition, as well as your other descriptions for your other strains.
Got the plant revegging thank God.
Congratulations! Now you can capture that plant in seed form.
:dance013:

harvestreaper

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

nanan bouclou x acapulco gold harvested nov 5 018 outdoor london uk,,smooth spicey peppery slighly sweet taste clear positive effect,,trippy traits ,,slight introspection,,visuuals corner of the eye, very luminous colors,,music enhanced nice warm feeling ,,no rushes or waves tho the high has a bit of a comedown i dont like but overall enjoyable

Baggins

Hello everyone. Thank you all so much for the info on Nanan Bouclou. This thread has pretty much become the definitive source for info on this strain. Such a shame so many pics were lost earlier in the thread.

Anyhow, here is my NB. It looks very different to what I've seen on here and I can only assume this is the Haitian. Finishes in 9 weeks and is rock hard, dense nugs. I also grew out Southern Star's GG Allin and Skunk Star and this NB was by far the most dense. :thinking:

It's not trippy, it's uplifting and happy. But there is a very noticeable 'stone' underneath it all. It also doesn't smell like weed. It smells like pepper and basil.

Cheers :)

Attachments

• IMG_3386.jpg
    IMG_3386.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3149.jpg
    IMG_3149.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 24

harvestreaper

Veteran
nice looking plant @baggins not seen one that indica dom agree with you on the understone had it in every pheno ive tried

Baggins

I'm sad to hear that Harvestreaper, I was hoping the next few would be closer to their Sativa description, without that stone. Hopefully it's not as obvious in these ones.

H

hard rain

Hello everyone. Thank you all so much for the info on Nanan Bouclou. This thread has pretty much become the definitive source for info on this strain. Such a shame so many pics were lost earlier in the thread.

Anyhow, here is my NB. It looks very different to what I've seen on here and I can only assume this is the Haitian. Finishes in 9 weeks and is rock hard, dense nugs. I also grew out Southern Star's GG Allin and Skunk Star and this NB was by far the most dense. :thinking:

It's not trippy, it's uplifting and happy. But there is a very noticeable 'stone' underneath it all. It also doesn't smell like weed. It smells like pepper and basil.

Cheers :)
Hi Baggins, that's mostly how I felt about the Nanan Bouclou. There was a slight trip effect but overall not at all like trip weed. Yours look great btw.

I grew a couple about a year ago and this is how I described them.
So far I am loving the NB high. It is full bodied for a sativa, but the high is definitely sativa. Multidimensional type of high, positive, thought provoking. Slight disorientation similar to tripping. When you move your head your image seems to follow. It is relaxing though, not a terror sativa.
The later flowering one has a euphoria to it, that feeling like you are on a roller coaster. The later flowering one has developed deep red fan and bud leaves, ranging to purple, but not much on the buds.
I'm really not good with describing cannabis smells.The early harvest one (15 wks) had a tropical fruity smell, both did while growing. The later harvest (17 wks) is sweet, herbal, with a sour undertone is best I can think of right now.

The high is great from both plants. I am still getting to know them and neither has had a proper cure yet. I have to say that I am enjoying smoking both. I am only just now starting smoking the 17 wk plant. I described the high of the early one in my last post.

The second later harvest effect to me is feel good pot, happy, sort of euphoric, you can find yourself lost in thought, good for concentration. Suddenly you realise how much you are concentrating and your attention will go to something else. You feel the high in your face and behind the eyes, I find myself rubbing my face. It's strong but not overpowering. You might just solve the worlds problems on it, have a great conversation, play or listen to music. I managed a hike the other day and found it didn't stop me being active

I've posted these pics elsewhere and maybe even earlier in this thread so sorry for repeating myself. . Just seems like there's a bit of interest in this strain. I have to say I'm surprised it's made it to the trip weed thread. I guess there's a lot of different effects in trips.
Despite their indica look, they express as sativa's in the high
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Loved the NB and will grow it again. These were very small plants, put into flower very early as I needed some something to smoke so they never got a really long cure.

Last edited:

harvestreaper

Veteran
I'm sad to hear that Harvestreaper, I was hoping the next few would be closer to their Sativa description, without that stone. Hopefully it's not as obvious in these ones.
maybe my choice of words was misleading ive tried maybe 5 phenos and a lot more crosses of nb ,,still have a couple of packs and many f2s,,i used to love tripping and have not found anything i would call profoundly trippy just some subtle trippy qualitys which are enjoyable my favourite so far is an oxacan cross that keep the positivity without the drop off effect and i love the taste and smell which is a mixture of both,,had a very strong uhkrul plant that was trippy in strong waves that i crossed to nb , im yet to try the beans but i have highest hopes with these for strong trippyness,the haitian indica is a mystery to me but for sure these plants act look like a sat,ind hybrid ,i belive the seed company in 0z maybe the full experiance of effects on nb is only achieved outside in areas that are similar im sure well all find out eventually ,,

Baggins

Thanks for the info Hardrain, I've actually read your impressions already. I also have those pics saved in a folder already :)

I trawled the net for info on this strain while I was growing out the first one a few months ago. Ended up around here quite a bit. Your name and a few others popped up a fair bit. Cheers.

HarvestReaper I am in Aus, but I'm about as far from the tropics as is possible so I'm going to have to hope something nice appreciates cobs and dirty synthetics.

The two other ones I have going at the moment are very different from the first and have that classic sour minty smell that you have to touch to get a whiff of. Fingers crossed.

Mimpi Manis

If I can add a little to this thread. I remember some of the plants people and friends were growing in this part of the world (SW Oz) in late 70's early 80's. Huge plants 12-16 feet. Like emormous Xmas trees swaying in the slight breeze. Guessing they had pounds of bud at harvest. But man, didn't they take some time in the ground! Recall hearing the feedback about folks dryng their bud in vans and sheds... fans and heaters going flat chat even into July. Guessing most of this was from bag seed and the odd sticks. The focus on genetics was pretty rudimentary in those days. But sure as hell we knew what good smoke was. ThaiBliss is right. Strongest I ever smoked was the first Thai Stick I ever got hold of. Hallucinatory, even after 2-3 small tokes. All those pathetic stories about how much stronger the weed is nowadays. Utter crap. Maybe a lot of the bag stuff was, but when some some good shit hit the shores... it was unmistakeable. God, would love to have access to some of those genetics. Little did we know it was heading to extinction where it originated.

I have a nice little Sumatran strain I have been growing for 35 years. I feel like its lost a little bit of kick over the years. It was always a one toke screamer originally. I think I lost some potency mostly having to make do with constraints of guerilla growing and not being able to trial the males is my best guess. Things like using first males due to the myriad of hassles that go with growing in this part of the world. Not being able to trial a whole lot of plants for stand out phenos and the like. We now have some of the very worst laws in the whole of the country here. Beyond dismal. Anyway, my strain still aint bad. Has some fine attributes. It's a nice 2 metres early harvest beauty with great resistant genes and strong growth strcture. A real racer at the end... strog fast bud production. Harvest usually late Feb early March. Currently using it as a breeder with some hazes to bring back harvest times and get back some potency. Have become very interested in some of the sativas in these threads and the great work done by some of the stellar afficionados in this place. Some pics if you want to check out 'Long time grower Sumatran' thread. Precious few real committed simpatico growers in this part of the world, so great to see what is happening via this place. Some great stories. Have a few myself. Another time perhaps. LJ Esq.

PS: I found that Green house Seeds Strawberry Haze (glorious fruity aroma) is not a lot unlike my Sumatran in habit and resemblence. The Suntran being a little more robust in structure. Currently a work in progress.

harvestreaper

Veteran
the most trancey weed i had was jamaican sensi early 80s the most trippy weed i ever had was copper colored pellets with a textutre like shreddies that was a rocket ride elevation that put fear in me an made me put the second joint i was rolling down lol ive chased it ever since didnt come with a name it came from an english friend living in amsterdam who hooked up the boys back home with varuios gems to smoke this was early 90s when we had very good haze x plants ourselves to compare it to ,,more recently i had a unkrul female that had some seruois power it came from rsc and my unkrul fitted his manapuri decsription and vice verca i crossed her to nanan bouclou an acapulco gold yet to try the beans got few ukhrul left and will hopefully do a seedrun when i get a chance ,,the nb is nice weed had some real tasty interesting phenos but they all had that come down drop that happens when indica genes are added to sativa and its a trait i dont like in sativa dom plants hopefully the crosses mentioned will carry that on an on sativa effect that fades away but dont dump you flat on your face,,,,heres a pic of the uhrkul
picture.php

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Joose - Great post. So glad you are here. Welcome.

Reaper - The Nanan Bouclou I grew was not very trippy strong, but very energetic. I smoked at about 7 pm and couldn't fall asleep until 2 am. I'm old. I often fall asleep on the couch for an hour or two after dinner, then wake up and am sleeping again for the night at about 9 or 10 pm. When I smoke the Nanan, I feel good the next day. Maybe I got lucky, but others have reported more trippy sounding effects. I killed the cutting, but made a bunch of seeds due to the energetic/euphoric effects, early ripening, and fantastic flavor. I'll try some offspring in 2 years, and maybe some original F1s then also.

Remember, you can't judge seeds batches these days by a few individuals. Everything is crossed up so much, you never know what you are going to get. I've heard of so many fantastic sounding strains, but when I grow a few of them, 98% of the time they suck. I don't doubt that others have found good ones in those strains. It's a lottery. I'm just trying to discover good ones of any strain and breed plants with similar effects in the hopes that I start getting some consistency in effect. Every other trait is a distant 2nd place. Lineage is less important.

I'm such a liar. LOL! If it's good, and it has Thai, Sumatran, Laos, Burmese, or Cambodian in it's history, I value it significantly more. Hahahahaha

ThaiBliss

Siever

Veteran
I
PS: I found that Green house Seeds Strawberry Haze (glorious fruity aroma) is not a lot unlike my Sumatran in habit and resemblence. The Suntran being a little more robust in structure. Currently a work in progress.

Now that's interesting (to me)!!!
I once had seeds from Greenhouse and they were the worst seeds I've ever had in my whole life.

Kind regards,

Siever

Siever

Veteran
Joose - Great post. So glad you are here. Welcome.

Reaper - The Nanan Bouclou I grew was not very trippy strong, but very energetic. I smoked at about 7 pm and couldn't fall asleep until 2 am. I'm old. I often fall asleep on the couch for an hour or two after dinner, then wake up and am sleeping again for the night at about 9 or 10 pm. When I smoke the Nanan, I feel good the next day. Maybe I got lucky, but others have reported more trippy sounding effects. I killed the cutting, but made a bunch of seeds due to the energetic/euphoric effects, early ripening, and fantastic flavor. I'll try some offspring in 2 years, and maybe some original F1s then also.

Remember, you can't judge seeds batches these days by a few individuals. Everything is crossed up so much, you never know what you are going to get. I've heard of so many fantastic sounding strains, but when I grow a few of them, 98% of the time they suck. I don't doubt that others have found good ones in those strains. It's a lottery. I'm just trying to discover good ones of any strain and breed plants with similar effects in the hopes that I start getting some consistency in effect. Every other trait is a distant 2nd place. Lineage is less important.

ThaiBliss

IMO, when a strain isn't more stable than that, it isn't worth growing.

Siever

geneva_sativa

Veteran
the most trancey weed i had was jamaican sensi early 80s the most trippy weed i ever had was copper colored pellets with a textutre like shreddies that was a rocket ride elevation that put fear in me an made me put the second joint i was rolling down lol ive chased it ever since didnt come with a name it came from an english friend living in amsterdam who hooked up the boys back home with varuios gems to smoke this was early 90s when we had very good haze x plants ourselves to compare it to ,,more recently i had a unkrul female that had some seruois power it came from rsc and my unkrul fitted his manapuri decsription and vice verca i crossed her to nanan bouclou an acapulco gold yet to try the beans got few ukhrul left and will hopefully do a seedrun when i get a chance ,,the nb is nice weed had some real tasty interesting phenos but they all had that come down drop that happens when indica genes are added to sativa and its a trait i dont like in sativa dom plants hopefully the crosses mentioned will carry that on an on sativa effect that fades away but dont dump you flat on your face,,,,heres a pic of the uhrkul
View Image

Just curious which bank you gt the RSC seed from,,, or was it from them directly ?