What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Here is the crazy thing. I crossed that scraggly Bangi Haze plant with my Wicked Weed line, and I got a plant with leaves like this as one of the results:

Here is one of the pictures from Bohdi. Notice the leaf shapes:
1496829.jpg

I'm not sure these different Nepalese lines are really that much different. I guess you would expect that. Somewhere I saw a picture of the Nepalese plant that was used in Bangi Haze. It was very indica looking. If my memory serves me, and that indica looking plant spit out phenotypes like those wild Nepalese plants that Bodhi captured, that is an amazing thing. Cannabis is extremely plastic in its expressions.

Well like I said, if these new Baglung Nepali seeds produce plants with a similar high and ripen in September, I will be ecstatic. The Bangi Haze plants, which have Congolese genetics bred in, get ripe in the second week of October.

I'd like to use something that ripens in September to tame the strains that I will most likely grow next summer, Zamaldelica and Super Laos. I'll be using it on my Nanan Bouclou cross as well. A few weeks can make a big difference when it come to the weather here in the fall.

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I thought it was some other Haze, Super Silver Haze or something like that. Perhaps that Haze was derived from Neville's. It certainly was earlier and had bigger buds. I remember seeing some phenos that had almost no leaves in the buds. I'd like to find that one. Hahaha

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
Hi Low,
Thanks for the smoke reports and pictures. You seem to be like me. I don't let my best line go. If I find something better, I just cross it to my long held line.
I have heard Dubi describe the Vietnam Black high as expansive, which I take as a good thing.
It's been too long. We need to meet up and share our best smoke with each other. In the meantime, happy holidays to you.
T.B.
and happy holidays 2U/everyone.
may your thanksgiving Soylent Green be
artisanal, and taste of free-range Heston. :dance013:

here's a couple of phenos from the
VietBlackThai x NepJam
cross i made...

girl on the left's taste reminds me of a sage n' sour i grew several
years ago- creamy woodiness and citrus. during flower i thought she
was the most thai-leaning, with her light green leaves and most xmas
tree shape of the 4 of this cross that i flowered out. (others leaned
more pole plant-ish)

the girl on the right gave the classic lemon candy taste of some Laughing Buddha phenos,
(the sweetness really coming thru when using a vaporizer)
which i wasn't expecting from her as she gave nothing near a citrus
aroma anytime during her growth/flowering, was dark green, and,
i thought, VietBlack-leaning.
(EDIT: she had an interestingly low-yielding structure.

maybe needs a >1quart pot to get rolling.)

all four of the girls gave very nice sativa effects, one even approaching a
haze-like trippiness. their more euphoric side is really noticeable when
compared to a (cbg) durban i also recently harvested, whose effect was
definitely more on the cool side.

the stumps of the 2 above are in re-veg, and i've got almost 30 more seeds
of this cross. i very much look forward to launching them to make F2s.
got lucky with this hack i made back in '11 or '12
(and only just now got around to testing them).

cheers :tiphat:

St. Phatty

I thought it was some other Haze, Super Silver Haze or something like that. Perhaps that Haze was derived from Neville's. It certainly was earlier and had bigger buds. I remember seeing some phenos that had almost no leaves in the buds. I'd like to find that one. Hahaha

If you have access to Sonoma County or Oakland/San Jose, the folks at Sonoma Patient Group have always been into primo Sativa's.

Also Harborside serves the Silicon Valley crowd.

I'm not sure how you do that without good Sativa's.

I've been in meetings where the meeting was interrupted because the head guy needed a glass of water so he could take his prescription meth pill.

They like their trip weed, for sure. They need Indica's for after work, but they also need Sativa's for putting them in that balancing-the-checkbook (higher math) frame of mind.

I mention Harborside because they're one of the bigger dispensaries in Silicon Valley. And have been active in legalization.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
If you have access to Sonoma County or Oakland/San Jose, the folks at Sonoma Patient Group have always been into primo Sativa's.

Also Harborside serves the Silicon Valley crowd.

I'm not sure how you do that without good Sativa's.

I've been in meetings where the meeting was interrupted because the head guy needed a glass of water so he could take his prescription meth pill.

They like their trip weed, for sure. They need Indica's for after work, but they also need Sativa's for putting them in that balancing-the-checkbook (higher math) frame of mind.

I mention Harborside because they're one of the bigger dispensaries in Silicon Valley. And have been active in legalization.
I'll have to keep those in mind the next time I travel down south. I'm about 6 hours away. That seems to ring a bell for a good version of Tahoe OG.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
I've never tried Gorrila Glue. I've heard it's strong. I'm afraid because it looks a little too indica/hashplant.

Glue is some great smoke maybe worth trying so ya can know for ya self but you are spot on that you would not like it nuthin trippy sativa about it... ya name thaibliss alone says glue is not for you but imo a few puffs won't kill ya and never know everyone is different u may like it but it's as far from trippy sativa as you could get... just make sure u ain't got shit to do

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Glue is some great smoke maybe worth trying so ya can know for ya self but you are spot on that you would not like it nuthin trippy sativa about it... ya name thaibliss alone says glue is not for you but imo a few puffs won't kill ya and never know everyone is different u may like it but it's as far from trippy sativa as you could get... just make sure u ain't got shit to do

:laughing::laughing:
Take a couple hits, then watch a good concert. On tv. While in bed.

Like downers, the trip is in staying awake. lol.
You'll get that initial fucked up rush, then it's chillin' time.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran

Its pretty good if you dont already have access to great strains. Pretty mediocre in my opinion. Great for selling. Just not my fave smoke by a longshot.

'Boogieman'

Most versions of C99 I tried were not Trip weed however in 2012 I smoked some (I should mention I just got off probation for 90 days no smoking) I was in the woods my hearing became tweaked, I was hearing people call my name from a distance, my vision and walking ability was similar to being drunk, and I laughed at everything and couldn't stop.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Sounds like a trippy pheno of C99. I have a couple of C99 outcrosses to explore. One is Thai x Colombian Gold x C99. I also think I have Colombian Gold x C99 without the Thai. But what is the point if the Thai is already in there? Hahaha. In addition, I have already crossed it to my Bangi Wicked gene pool. I'm so far behind in growing seeds and smoking samples. I'm only an occasional smoker. Sometimes I go months without smoking. I know it sounds weird. But my lifetime experience is extensive. LOL

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most versions of C99 I tried were not Trip weed however in 2012 I smoked some (I should mention I just got off probation for 90 days no smoking) I was in the woods my hearing became tweaked, I was hearing people call my name from a distance, my vision and walking ability was similar to being drunk, and I laughed at everything and couldn't stop.

3 months no smoking ^^ I think this is key. I would wait at least a week between smokes if you are serious about getting the trip.

Heard many good things of the C99 so have one about to harvest and will run several more soon..

Sticky Sat

Hello my friends !

Sampled a SAGE f2 this morning. Plants were reveged from buds and took their sweet time... This pheno is the best from 7 already good ones. Taste is earthy/woody. High was very intense and i'm quite sure it would be trippy with a few more tokes (just had an average bong hit that i didn't kept for long)
Nothing like Nanan Bouclou i'm afraid, but not bad at all... ;-)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Cheers brothers ! :tiphat:

Attachments

• Sage 7 bud, 11-18.jpg
    Sage 7 bud, 11-18.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Sage 7, 11-18.jpg
    Sage 7, 11-18.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 24
  • Sage 7, 10-18.jpg
    Sage 7, 10-18.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 26
  • SAGE 7, revegged from 3 weeks in flo bud.jpg
    SAGE 7, revegged from 3 weeks in flo bud.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 21

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Glad to hear that others have found really good SAGE individuals. That SAGE cut I had is the best I've had in 15+ years. Nanan Bouclou only beats it in taste and earlier ripening date. I can't wait to grow the cross of them! I'll be looking for the one that reminds me most of SAGE.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

I trimmed up the early harvest of the Kali Mist cross today. This is an amazing plant. I hope it is as good as it looks and smells. When I tested the mother cut of Kali Mist, it did not have much aroma and did not look as sativa-like. It was only after smoking some did I notice the fresh and very slight minty taste.

This cross from it is strongly minty lemon zest. The buds are a lot more airy, and the leaves were more S.E. Asian looking. The mother finished up in a greenhouse in very cool foggy weather. The child finished outside with all available U.V. and 70 to 80 daytime high temps.

The child was selected for its thin long leaves, lanky internode, and lemon aroma, but got ripe a full month earlier than the mother. To be fair, I harvested at an earlier stage of ripe this year. I let the mother get extra ripe to make sure the seeds were fully developed. The other children of the mother had richer, earthier, spicy aromas. They had shorter, fatter leaves, and more compact growth.

Here are pictures of the young plant I selected and just trimmed:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CambodianBliss

Sticky Sat

Hi TB ! :)

Lovely plant, as always... ;)

Your posts decided me to germinate the SAGE seeds after 15 years in a freezer... ;)
These are F2s but the F1s i had in 2003 were already very interesting.
There was another excellent pheno in this year's first run, but extremely difficult to clone... I pollinated it with a Bango male... It should help as the O gave the cross her super easy cloning quality.... :)

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
sage sounds good. sage x purple oth even better :D I would also like to try cambodian weed. meanwhile I will smoke laos x mango haze.. guys that shit has potency!!! slight tripping already without curing! Im impressed. definitely I will continue to grow these inbred haze vs. tropical cultivar crosses :D its just the best of the sauce :D

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Maha Kala - Glad the results are good. I'm cracking those Laos in a few months! I was told something like "that stuff will strip paint off the wall". I'll continue to throw S.E. Asian genetics at whatever I can grow here. Do you have any pictures from just before harvest? Love to see some more pics and good stories about adventures of you and your friends after smoking you Laos Haze supercross.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
when Donald Mallard told me its the best he smoked from the times of golden thai, and then ElmerBud told me he was smoking couple grams of laos the whole week, I knew I had to try it :D this is mixed with mango haze, I dont know laos personally, but this what I have is different from mango haze sure. very eucalyptus pissy :D hehe good luck with laos and crosses.