What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

led05

Chasing The Present
when Donald Mallard told me its the best he smoked from the times of golden thai, and then ElmerBud told me he was smoking couple grams of laos the whole week, I knew I had to try it :D this is mixed with mango haze, I dont know laos personally, but this what I have is different from mango haze sure. very eucalyptus pissy :D hehe good luck with laos and crosses.

Thanks for answering my question in advance, I was going to ask if these came from Wally - the list of what's next lengthens...... Doesn't someone call this Maos I believe.....

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
when Donald Mallard told me its the best he smoked from the times of golden thai, and then ElmerBud told me he was smoking couple grams of laos the whole week, I knew I had to try it :D this is mixed with mango haze, I dont know laos personally, but this what I have is different from mango haze sure. very eucalyptus pissy :D hehe good luck with laos and crosses.

I assume this strain is not for sale? Sounds really good though.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
G `day MK

The Laos comes from NE Thailand / Laos border on the Mekong .
The strain was kept by a family from Laos for many years .
Sadly the grower was shot by Thai Police and killed .

A friend of the grower passed on the seeds .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Elmer Bud - Thanks for sharing this information. A sad story. I will do my best to make valuable use of the genetics that the family nurtured.

I know most people do not think it is possible, but I intend to preserve to a large degree the kind of high and potency that BLB Laos represents in North America latitudes. I have smoked and personally grown fast ripening Cannabis that were 80% of the potency and quality of Thai Sticks I smoked yearly for more than a decade starting in the early 70s. I also grew a special Neville's Haze pheno indoors that was IMHO better than Thai Sticks and 100% of the potency. I am making progress in advancing my own genetics with the help of friends who pass S.E. Asian crosses my way. These Laos beans are a rare opportunity to work with pure S.E. Asian genetics. I am sifting through the results of these outcrossed since have not been able to find the ones of satisfactory quality and potency that were available here in the past. As stated before, I am deeply shamed by my past cavalier treatment of Thai genetics I once held. In my defense, I did not know they would become so rare.

My genetics have turned a corner since this male made it's presence known to me:

picture.php

I used it to pollinate this Bangi Haze pheno:
picture.php

Since then, myrcene has been greatly reduced. All offspring have strong citric, menthol, and floral aromas. Decades of focusing on Thai crosses are starting to pay off. Early flowering phenotypes that look like this are now easy to find:

picture.php

I am working on bringing Kali Mist into the fold, but I have other S.E. Asian crosses waiting in the wings such as this Thai x Colombian Gold x C99 cross:
picture.php

It is only a matter of time before I stumble on a few extraordinary individuals that will allow a leap in quality and potency. Now, even local hard core indica smokers are starting to take notice of the highs from buds I am producing. More to come. I am very excited about the Kali Mist Cross. The aromas are fantastic and powerful. I will report soon.

ThaiBliss

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Smoked a bit more Nanan, 2 hits instead of 3. Still launched like a satellite so that is a good sign. I should be getting tolerance by the third time but not happening much if any so it seems I have some legit trip weed. The Haze x Lambsbread failed to make it past 2 smokes for trip effects.

Very intense so not shroomy but like LSD if I have to make a comparison. Almost had me seeing trails while doing some martial arts moves. Colors enhanced with a bit of lingering images of things after you look at them and move on. The kind of high where you might want to keep busy during the initial rushing phase.

Other worldly feel. Clear but quite weird. Trip lasted about a half hour now it is much more calm and normal at 45 minutes. No indica heaviness showing with smooth alert feeling and no crash. Wish TB could have some to see if it does the trick for him. I was a little scared to smoke and smoked less than before which was not much at all either.

Am trying to reveg it I sure do not want to lose it being the closest high I have to acid. I think I would flip the f#ck out if I smoked even half a joint. Might be a lucky pheno for all I know or my brain just reacts strongly to this strain.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
super laos x banglund nepali sounds right to me. to take flowering down.
I thought it was some other Haze, Super Silver Haze or something like that. Perhaps that Haze was derived from Neville's. It certainly was earlier and had bigger buds. I remember seeing some phenos that had almost no leaves in the buds. I'd like to find that one. Hahaha

I read somewhere that they used silver haze for outcrossing with that nepalese, as they had hard times to acclimatize it in Spain.. silver haze was my first experience with haze and it was trippy experience, one guy brought it from dutch coffee shop, it was around 1997. we sat around fire in the woods. when I look up at stars, I saw them shining in a stroboscopic way and the friendly flames of burning fire was telling me some cosmic story, I was assuming if Im not at Moses situation and God try to give me some info I should give to people :D haha edit: I had zero tolerance..

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Smoked a bit more Nanan, 2 hits instead of 3. Still launched like a satellite so that is a good sign. I should be getting tolerance by the third time but not happening much if any so it seems I have some legit trip weed. The Haze x Lambsbread failed to make it past 2 smokes for trip effects.

Very intense so not shroomy but like LSD if I have to make a comparison. Almost had me seeing trails while doing some martial arts moves. Colors enhanced with a bit of lingering images of things after you look at them and move on. The kind of high where you might want to keep busy during the initial rushing phase.

Other worldly feel. Clear but quite weird. Trip lasted about a half hour now it is much more calm and normal at 45 minutes. No indica heaviness showing with smooth alert feeling and no crash. Wish TB could have some to see if it does the trick for him. I was a little scared to smoke and smoked less than before which was not much at all either.

Am trying to reveg it I sure do not want to lose it being the closest high I have to acid. I think I would flip the f#ck out if I smoked even half a joint. Might be a lucky pheno for all I know or my brain just reacts strongly to this strain.
So glad you found something great in that line. I'm not abandoning that Nanan Bouclou branch (cousin) of the Kali Cross. People are raving about it. It is a success, and they are coming together if Kali maintains the power and quality in the cross. I'm already halfway down that path of combining them. Nanan Bouclou has been SAGE-ified and ready to go, but the Kali Mist has a high more like Thai Stick, which has my heart. My Nanan Bouclou from last year was a one and done breeder. Too good not to use, but not the grail.

Like you, I found another individual that had a weird trippy high. Time travel stuff. It just didn't have enough kick. I may have made a mistake by not curing it long enough to give it the full test. I bought 2 packs of Nanan Bouclou and I've only sprouted about 5. I'm returning to that in the future. I'm only pausing to incorporate last year's winner, and test the Kali cross.

kokomarin

Veteran
My trip weed garden is drying in local police station,in october ripers find and take pollenate cloneš .
Grinspoon and nevile haze give me only issues this year but I harvested lot of my crosses in gerilla growing mode,
Grinspon is still alive in cut form,still I have freedom ,nothing extremly bad.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Smoke Report

Smoke Report

Greetings,

This is actually a second hand smoke report. I apologize for not getting my first, first hand impression. It's a busy time at work for me. I'm working 6 days a week and I'm on call 24 hours a day. I should get some time to myself in late December or January.

I did share some Kali Cross with a friend, the same guy who went bananas about the Nanan Bouclou. He really loved the Kali. The quote that stood out to me was that he got really high, and it "made him want to go do something". He didn't react nearly as enthusiastically as he did about the Nanan Bouclou. Just to make sure, I told him I'd only share some more of one kind. He had to make a choice, the Nanan Bouclou or the Kali cross. After him swearing at me and expressing his displeasure that he couldn't have both, he chose the Kali cross, which surprised me. He later said that he shared with some friends and they all "loved the shit out of it".

I was sure he'd choose the Nanan Bouclou. Most people let great taste or bag appeal strongly affect their impressions, Nanan Bouclou having phenomenal flavor. It's funny how he went on about the taste of the Nanan Bouclou, and really the only thing he mentioned about the character of the Kali was how much it made him restless to do something. The main reason that I was so impressed with the Nanan Bouclou is for the energetic and positive vibe of the high. Him calling out the Kali cross for how stimulating it was is really striking. Most posts I've read about Nanan Bouclou is how it is "pure coffee". I compared the high of the pure Kali mother cut, and Nanan Bouclou. For me, the high was stronger on the pure Kali mother, and the Nanan Bouclou was more clear and energetic.

This all bodes well for me liking the Kali cross. The comparison was made with a one year cure on Nanan Bouclou and just one month on the Kali. If the Kali gets stronger and more clear, it may really be something. I have to smoke it myself. Weed strikes people differently, and I need my own test to do a good compare. The only thing I know is that the Kali is incredibly zesty smelling. Mint and sour lemon aromas are so prominent. It does have another level of citric, the sweet earthy orange. It is the only plant I can remember that is both sour and sweet citric.

ThaiBliss

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
4th time smoking the Nanan and same thing. Crazy ride with this one. Hope the reveg takes cause it might be just this one pheno.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Looks nice, harvestreaper.

...cant describe her without being rude...
W.T.F?!

It must taste like shit, but has a way better high than the Kali Mist you grew. Possibly, "makes me feel better than the blowjob from the desperate whore I paid $20 to". I dunno... LMAO.

I think explaining would be less rude, whatever you may have meant, but you can do what you want. This may be what makes me crude and you classy, I suppose.

Thanks for posting anyway. It's a beautiful bud, and I'm glad you found a great one. It's early in the morning, and this gave me a nice hearty laugh to start the day. I'm sure I've must have misinterpreted what you meant. Laughing at how dark my mind can go from lack of sleep and working long hours as much as your post.
:laughing:

Best,

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
4th time smoking the Nanan and same thing. Crazy ride with this one. Hope the reveg takes cause it might be just this one pheno.
Cool. Don't let those genetics get away. The two I've grown were dramatically different. Both were easily good enough to continue to explore.

Best of luck with the re-veg.

T.B.

harvestreaper

Veteran
Looks nice, harvestreaper.

W.T.F?!

It must taste like shit, but has a way better high than the Kali Mist you grew. Possibly, "makes me feel better than the blowjob from the desperate whore I paid $20 to". I dunno... LMAO.

I think explaining would be less rude, whatever you may have meant, but you can do what you want. This may be what makes me crude and you classy, I suppose.

Thanks for posting anyway. It's a beautiful bud, and I'm glad you found a great one. It's early in the morning, and this gave me a nice hearty laugh to start the day. I'm sure I've must have misinterpreted what you meant. Laughing at how dark my mind can go from lack of sleep and working long hours as much as your post.
:laughing:

Best,

ThaiBliss

lol glad you got my humour thai , your second guess closest lol,,, cant get enuff ,, wouldnt call her great or trippy but shes decent spicey tasty feel good weed with music color enhancements ,,,ive crossed the nanan to a bunch of strains and overall she does well ,,will take some pics of some nb x acapulco gold outdoor buds that are curing that had a l happy trancey effect with a sweet honey mildly spicey taste when sampled