What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

ThaiBliss

Veteran
After reading through this whole thread, I am planning my own trip weed house strain! I'm thinking the beginning base may be zamaldelica x bangi haze...
Hi Breadwizard,

Thanks for the positive vibes. I can see you have been paying attention because Zamadelica x Bangi Haze would be an excellent start.
last year I had the opportunity to grow a plant of delahaze... has proved an excellent weed, with a truly electric and trippy effect...
Thanks for reminding us about Delahaze. I believe we have heard this name before.
My Kali Mist were eaten by deer a week after I put them out. :( I'll try again next year.
Crap!

I'll post the initial smoke report by January.
Buff... feel your loss!! :huggg:

I'm drooling over the plants and effects described here. I'm still reading the thread, but it has already made a profound change in my perception of growing, for a "quest like" journey, it has made me start re-thinking my usual method for the indoor.

Read lasko mauritius thread yesterday, and it opened my eyes too.

Uff that Electric Bucksaw looks are unique... dangerr she screams

I will be popping as much of my seeds as can be safely taken care of, take a micro clone of each, flower the fem seedlings straight away, test smoke, then keep really unique ones, then flower clones into bigger plants paying more attention to her specific needs, and taking more attempts/variations.

I'm thinking on setting a greenhouse here... and trying any sativa autos ACE produce there too... loving growing outdoors.
Ah, the plans of the future. I'm only 4 months from sprouting next summer's seeds. :)
Wow I'm jealous of your long season. All my breeding, males and pollen collecting ended last week. It's probably too late for me now. Having that extra good October weather makes a big difference in which plants you can select for. You're probably a week or two behind my latest plants. Which makes a big difference in wet cold late October.

This stretch of beautiful weather we have is a godsend, middle September was wet and windy. Still a lot of morning dew to cause boytritis but it burns off by 10.
Boy, it's chilly in the morning. It's pretty hot by 2:00 pm. We got possible thunderstorms forecasted for Saturday, and showery for at least a few days after that. I got that plant tied to my fence. It will be a big test for the first rain for months.

ThaiBliss

therevverend

Veteran
Boy, it's chilly in the morning. It's pretty hot by 2:00 pm. We got possible thunderstorms forecasted for Saturday, and showery for at least a few days after that. I got that plant tied to my fence. It will be a big test for the first rain for months.

That autumn chill is in the air. For me it came two weeks early. I think it's good for cannabis, it cues the plant to start taking nutrients from the leaves to the flowers, triggers the beautiful yellow, red, and purple and purple colors.

I got lucky this year, there's been rain and wind storms every week or two since mid August. I know it doesn't sound lucky but it hardens the plants from preflower through to when they get the large heavy colas. A storm after 3 months of perfect weather can be devastating.

You're no greenhorn I'm sure you'll have the hatches battened, the stakes in the ground, and the green stretchy tape ready. It's probably early enough to recover it's the critical last week of flowering when you can lose a sizeable % of a crop.

The last day of wind and rain got me good, my most mature tall plants got top heavy and started whipping back and forth in the wind. Not much you can do about that. Some of the branches got whiplash, the limbs aren't broken but all they can do is hang down limply. Stake them up and wait a few days and most of them will heal but it's critical development energy lost.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
The (Kali) burning bush. I thought I better take a picture before the rains:
picture.php

picture.php

I've been bumping up the fertilizer a bit in the last few weeks, mostly phosphorous, since the green color started fading a little too soon. It is now where I want it, just before I start flushing and fading it this last month. Peat, and repeat... LOL! I don't expect the buds to get big, but there are a lot of them. That plant is 12 feet tall, and almost as wide.

ThaiBliss

dugzy

I hope you have some help lined up for your harvest ThaiBliss! Ladies are looking gorgeous, i look forward to hearing your thoughts on them when they are ready.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
niiice burning bush TB..........:tiphat:

a f4 of BLR....10'h x 20' around.....
Sativa hybrid...leaning on Oaxaca side.....

best in dry finish.....

Last edited:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
your plants are looking great again this year thai b , looking forward to see them finish
Thanks Beanz,

My plants took a beating this last week. There was a big wind storm, and we also got some significant rains. At least we don't have smoke from the fires anymore! :woohoo:

The only plant that survived reasonably well was the Kali cross. Probably because the buds are small, and it was the most well trellised.
picture.php

It has a while to go yet, but the buds did beef up more than I thought they would, especially because it was cool and rainy all week.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ThaiBliss

Sticky Sat

Wow brother ! Absolutely lovely...! Your beautiful Kali cross bush doesn't seem to have suffer the least from the storm and her buds look deliciously promising ! :)

Sticky Sat

Hello brothers ! :)

It's been exactly 6 weeks since this Bango batch was left to flower.
The poor girls only had about 10 sunny days, so they have some merit for having put some resin on at all.

Earliest pheno.
attachment.php

This one is close behind but could certainly wait a week longer under drier latitudes... Here its relatively dense buds (for a sativa dominant) makes it a perfect candidate for the "Mold of the month" title...
attachment.php

Showers keep coming from the sea, about 20 mn squalls every 2 hours, days and nights... Not much point in waiting for more, especially as this week weather forecast is quite gloomy...
attachment.php

A great week to all ! :tiphat:

Attachments

• Bango in setting sun.jpg
    Bango in setting sun.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 33
  • To wait or not....jpg
    To wait or not....jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Fat girl.jpg
    Fat girl.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 27

ThaiBliss

Veteran
SickySat,

What a gorgeous view you have. Nice picture.

Here is how the Kali Cross is looking. It is putting on the beef. Maybe not beefy for hybrids grown in these parts, but more than I would have thought for this lineage:
picture.php

picture.php

The buds have a long way to go. I'd guess at least 3 weeks. Oh my! The weather is exceptional for this time of year. The only bad thing on the horizon of the weather forecast is a danger of frost. It's not forecasted for here, but it is getting close. Other areas nearby are getting it. My spot tends to be foggier in the mornings, but the flip side to that is that it has higher nighttime temps. Highs are about 80 degrees.

Here are some bud close-ups:
picture.php

picture.php

More to come...

Edit: I work all week and I only see my plants on the weekend. The fall weather is upon us here. So when I went out and took these pictures and started watering, it was about 45 degrees. I'm still moving hoses around to complete my watering. It is now near 80 degrees and the aromas are much more intense. I the earthy sweet orange aroma is still strong, but the mint is really strong now. In my experience, minty aromas are most common in old school Mexican varieties. I believe the stories that Kali Mist has Cambodian in it, but I also believe there is a high quality Mexican weed strain in this. The mint aroma filling the yard.

Last edited:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Now these buds are truly beefy. They are my Goo cross. Judging by how they look, I'd never guess that these are the buds that come from a mother that is too edgy and nervous for my taste. They are not couch-lock at all, but they look like Afghani:
picture.php
picture.php

These might be ready next week. I look forward to trimming. But I get sick of it after the first hour. LOL.

All the best with your trip weed gardens,

ThaiBliss

DenverVaultBoy

The closest i've come to the kind of high you're describing was when I was getting really good Trainwreck, White Widow, and the Hawaiian Sativa as well as Romulan from Federation Seeds back in the early 00's when I was in college back in California.

I would take a few tokes in the morning and be be in an amazing head space for hours afterward, my thoughts and creative impulses were amplified, colors seemed brighter, girls smiled a little longer, a pinter with lunch, and I was good for the rest of the day. My roommate (my dealer) made the remark, "Your body REALLY loves weed!"

Definitely haven't experienced that in a long time, would say the last time I even got "high" was when I first moved to Colorado and made the switch from flower and keif to butane extracts and distillates, but now even they don't phase me. Took at 3 month long hellish break during a hospital stay, to be rewarded with a few days of body highs and then a return to a brick wall of tolerance. I still experience relief from my IBS and other conditions, so I know the cannabis is still helping me, it's just not going to my head anymore.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
The closest i've come to the kind of high you're describing was when I was getting really good Trainwreck, White Widow, and the Hawaiian Sativa as well as Romulan from Federation Seeds back in the early 00's when I was in college back in California.

I would take a few tokes in the morning and be be in an amazing head space for hours afterward, my thoughts and creative impulses were amplified, colors seemed brighter, girls smiled a little longer, a pinter with lunch, and I was good for the rest of the day. My roommate (my dealer) made the remark, "Your body REALLY loves weed!"
DVB,

Thanks.

I had a Romulan I liked once, and Hawaiian from back in the day was really, really good. Trainwreck was incorporated into my genetics. I have three branches of my breeding lineage. Trainwreck is in all of them. Here are the lines and recent crosses of each, most recent listed first.

1.) Kali Mist - Bangi Haze - Trainwreck - Burmese...

2.) Nanan Bouclou - SAGE - Bangi Haze - Trainwreck - Burmese...

3.) Bangi Haze - SAGE - Bangi Haze - Trainwreck - Burmese...

If the Kali Mist cross checks out, I'll be combining it with #3. I need my results to be earlier ripening. I've drastically reduced my indoor growing due to guilt over all the C02 I've been responsible for dumping into the atmosphere.

A Federation Hawaiian Sativa cross is waiting in the wings. It is crossed with Mulanje Gold.
:dance013:

ThaiBliss

Sticky Sat

Hi ThaiBliss !

Thanks for the kind words and for sharing your beautiful grows with us ! :)

All your plants and buds are amazingly healthy brother, especially considering you only see them on week-ends. Don't know where you find the strenght to leave them as it would most likely kill me to spend a week away from such beauties... ;)
Your lines genetics remind me once again that life's definitely too short when it comes to breeding... :)

Hi DVB ! I have a good friend with the very same problem of super high tolerance (he smokes and eats about 6 grams of sativa/day...) and i can't help feeling sorry for him...
Only breaks seem to help, even short ones... I hope you'll find a way to fly high again asap brother ! :)

Just to add some color to this post, here's a Bango that had blue/purple hues while alive and kept some once dried. Smooth smoke without much taste. Creeper high that surprised me with it's intensity. Just had 2 tokes from a joint but the high could have slipped into trippiness with a few more...
attachment.php

On a banana hand, from the garden... ;-)

Cheers !

Attachments

• Bango purp hues pheno.jpg
    Bango purp hues pheno.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 29

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

We got our first very light frost today. Then it got up to 82 degrees in the afternoon. I went out to check my plants, and they all looked good.

The Kali x Bangi Weed cross is getting even bigger buds, fast. I noticed the growth since Saturday. It is also getting extremely PUNGENT! I'm starting to see and smell the Bangi Haze in it. It's 25% Bangi Haze. It was throwing off that Bangi Haze floral perfume aroma, thick, sweet, and somewhat like jasmine. The aroma is getting fat just like the buds. It still has the earthy orange aroma, but it is background aroma at this point. I didn't even smell the mint aroma today.

Here is another picture from Saturday. I'll take some new ones that show the fattening up next Saturday or Sunday.
picture.php

ThaiBliss

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
beautiful plants, I love trainwreck, now Im growing trainwrec/choc thai x haze. it should be trippy :D and also I cant wait to toke cross that should be trippy to the bone, laos x mango haze
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts