What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's it onefinity, you said it fine.

Speaking of trips. I sampled some Panama Red from Snow. I had to take them down at 55 days due to soil lockout and they kind of died a bit anyways. Well one pheno gave a mildly disturbing high. Scrapped the reveg. Any anxiety felt and I dump them.

The other pheno gave a powerful and wavelike high. Trippy for sure. Hard to describe but space and time were fluid, like I am in a wave body surfing? Rolling sensation I guess, like being in the ocean swimming. I think it would be quite non functional in terms of high, just experience your feelings high.

The high built over some time but was strong from the start. I am at about an hour from smoking and I am into the mellow phase. It had good euphoria as well. Really hope the reveg takes. I have almost no bud as it was heavily seeded and stunted.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
lost in space.
come back to earth and look around

It looks pretty sweet down here lol,, you might be surprised how earthed I actually am.

I can see a lot of humans running around like confused neurotic headless chickens but what else is new? other than that the heavens are still nice and stable and the grass is greener than ever.

I went through the "we're all fucked phase" and it didn't help anyone especially me. I got over myself and my self indulgent wallowing and the propaganda hitting my third eye through the mind control box and now I endeavour to make the world a healthier and more responsible place.

If we view the world as screwed we will not be Humane, it is not beyond redemption is it? so i'd say philosophically just STFU really and get on with making the world better, in whatever localised sphere you can, rather than trying to "remind" me of something I obviously know is going on, I actually don't live under a rock on mars, and simply passing on your sense of powerlessness around the world, it's not a motivational message lol.

There's no point getting depressed about it or you might as well just end it all now.

We are so far from powerless it's unbelievable, there is only one power on the earth - people power :ying:

Sticky Sat

Hello brothers ! :)

Here's BH pheno 2 at 23 days in flo. Pheno 1 pics came out too blurry so i'll try to do a better job tomorrow...
attachment.php

A great week end to all of you ! :)

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
That's the reason I don't do drugs, just weed.

https://www.erowid.org/

https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/

Lots of bad ones. Thats for sure. But plenty of good ones too. The psychedelic ones in particular are an amazing tool. I think humanity will be far better off as they become more available.

Sticky Sat

Here's Bangi Haze pheno 1 at 24 days in flo. More sat leaning, bud formation far behind pheno 2's.
The lanky one in the back is a very thai leaning pheno of the Sage :)
attachment.php

Attachments

• BH pheno 1 at 24 days in flo.jpg
    BH pheno 1 at 24 days in flo.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 30

Sticky Sat

The most Thai leaning Sage pheno, 24 days in flo
attachment.php

The O, 24 days in flo
attachment.php

And a part of the happy family :)
attachment.php

I hope the pics will stay on the post... :)

Attachments

• Most Thai leaning Sage pheno 24 days in flo.jpg
    Most Thai leaning Sage pheno 24 days in flo.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Happy family day 24 in flo.jpg
    Happy family day 24 in flo.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 31
  • O, 24 days in flo.jpg
    O, 24 days in flo.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 27

Sticky Sat

Some BH close ups at 24 days in flo

BH 1
attachment.php

BH 2
attachment.php

A Bog's 2003 Sweet Cindy F2 whose bottom branches were pollinated by the BH male ;)
attachment.php

Sticky Sat

Sage F2s at 25 days :)

Sage 5
picture.php

Sage 3
picture.php

Strange and disappointing but the Sage male flowers don't hold any pollen... We'll have to use the BH male on the Sage females :)
picture.php

Last edited:

Bardo Eagle

Drugs are not that bad, but human can be evil, drugs are tools for mind yaaaaa, but fire can burn you,good or bad are experience and a day we will understand

H

hard rain

I just had a quick read of the opening page of this thread. Over 5 years ago now!

I loved the descriptions of the Zamal that ThaiBliss repeated a few pages back. I am considering getting Zamaldelica and wonder if it is something you still grow as I don't see any recent posts about it? Or was it something that didn't fit the trip weed criteria?

My particular search is more for the euphoric aspects, rather than the psychedelic effect. I am also interested in weed that promotes focus of attention. Is there anything in your trip weed search that might be what I am after? Already got Nanan Bouclou which I will keep exploring.
Apart from Zamaldelica I am thinking of the Bangi Haze, Ethiopian, SAGE, Destroyer, and Kerala (RSC). Any other suggestions?

xet

I just had a quick read of the opening page of this thread. Over 5 years ago now!

I loved the descriptions of the Zamal that ThaiBliss repeated a few pages back. I am considering getting Zamaldelica and wonder if it is something you still grow as I don't see any recent posts about it? Or was it something that didn't fit the trip weed criteria?

My particular search is more for the euphoric aspects, rather than the psychedelic effect. I am also interested in weed that promotes focus of attention. Is there anything in your trip weed search that might be what I am after? Already got Nanan Bouclou which I will keep exploring.
Apart from Zamaldelica I am thinking of the Bangi Haze, Ethiopian, SAGE, Destroyer, and Kerala (RSC). Any other suggestions?

I hear the Ethiopian is absolutely the #1 choice for totally enhanced clarity, keeping focus, and paying attention with no stone, no come down, lasts hours, hustle all day and stay motivated type of weed. It's a wonder I did not order it on my last seed run but I am hoping Nanda Devi or Kerala have a similar effect.

Would love to hear from someone that grew it out.

Sticky Sat

Hello Hard rain ! :)
Seems you already have a nice selection in mind :)
Just wanted to add that sometimes we get lucky and find a very special pheno where we were not expecting it... ;)

H

hard rain

I hear the Ethiopian is absolutely the #1 choice for totally enhanced clarity, keeping focus, and paying attention with no stone, no come down, lasts hours, hustle all day and stay motivated type of weed. It's a wonder I did not order it on my last seed run but I am hoping Nanda Devi or Kerala have a similar effect.

Would love to hear from someone that grew it out.
The description of Ethiopian is almost exactly word for word the type of thing I am after, especially the focus part. The only thing I would add is that I am after that really blissful euphoria that only smoking a bit too much of a really good sativa will give you.
Ace Ethiopian (I actually don't know why I don't just order this):
a superb high which is active, alert, social, energetic, lethargy-free, high in positivity and which is also devoid of paranoia-inducing effects.

Sticky Sat, you are right. I tend to not grow any more of a strain if the first plant I grow is mediocre. I should pheno hunt a lot more than I do. I plan on doing that with the rest of the Nanan Bouclou. Problem is limited space for me.

I should add that euphoria I think is definitely an aspect of tripping, focus too.

xet

The description of Ethiopian is almost exactly word for word the type of thing I am after, especially the focus part. The only thing I would add is that I am after that really blissful euphoria that only smoking a bit too much of a really good sativa will give you.
a superb high which is active, alert, social, energetic, lethargy-free, high in positivity and which is also devoid of paranoia-inducing effects.

Sticky Sat, you are right. I tend to not grow any more of a strain if the first plant I grow is mediocre. I should pheno hunt a lot more than I do. I plan on doing that with the rest of the Nanan Bouclou. Problem is limited space for me.

I should add that euphoria I think is definitely an aspect of tripping.

For that blissful euphoria that sounds to me of a more relaxing, irie, clear high instead of a studied, scholarly type of clear high and one strain that really hit home for me with that blissful euphoria effect you describe is Maui Wowie.

Personally it is not my style of sativa because it is so blissful my hustle turns in to awe-inspiring tearful beauty about nature and colors and sounds and the breeze and sun on my face or on a rainy day.

Another one of my favorite strains is Train Wreck. Very clear and racy and smoking a bit too much has my imagination moving like a freight train in a positive good self-image type of way but depending on the grower or pheno this strain is either more clear or hints of fogginess 4-6 hours in but mostly negligible and never for me results in a nap.

Another nice light focused high is Moonshine Haze. IIRC the one I picked up was ~13% THC so not too high but turned the alertness, clarity, and focus on.

Just to recap, in my experience, the real clear that are active, alert, and energetic typically do not give me blissful euphoria. Almost like they keep me so in the moment that I am blissful but not thinking about blissful which is good no distractions great for activity and work.

Another strain I am thinking of for you is Blue Diesel. For me it was a more clear and stimulating, soaring, type of Blue Dream. I do not care for Sour Diesel so I was surprised how great Blue Diesel was.

And come to think of it Purple Diesel also is super nice and probably out of all this post the one I would recommend for you above the others but if it is purely work and productivity you want I would stay with the Ethiopia, Moonshine Haze, Train Wreck, types.

Purple Diesel is good for work and activity too but it smells purple so if going unnoticed is a concern then shower after the wake'n'bake and you will have a wonderful splendid work day and it is also great for leisure at the end of the day smoking in heavier amounts. Taste and smell is rich too. Very grape jam incense, thick, silky, darth vader-voice smoke.

I should add that euphoria I think is definitely an aspect of tripping, focus too.
Hi hard rain. Maybe you should consider Bangi Haze x Ethiopian. From Dubi's description it sounds exactly like what you are after. The pics of the plant look awesome as well. I am definitely considering this as my first Ace seeds purchase.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=349529

Cheers :)

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grew 2 Ethiopians and one Kerala. Was a bit disappointed in both. The Kerala was just a mellow high and the Ethiopian lacked euphoria. Not bad either one but not eager to grow more. I would only put one of each in a future grow to see if I got bad phenos the last time.

I sampled a bit of Snow's Acapulco Gold at day 60 and it was a very nice euphoric and somewhat trippy effect, enhanced colors. All in the head. Hope it is a bit more potent when harvested and have 2 other phenos to go thru. Better than Bodhi's in the feel good effect. I think a bit stronger as well.

Tangwena

Veteran

The Panama x Honduras is only euphoric makes me wonder what the straight Honduras is like.
I know its hard not to use it all the time its how I like to feel 24/7

Latest posts

Latest posts