What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

Sticky Sat

Seems most of the trippy weed i tried had S.E asian in it. There's just no way to get pure one here so i'll try to get the genetics out of the Sage (although, as i've said before, the Afghani in it isn't really a nuisance) and add it to the O.
Kept the most sativa leaning Sages of course and will also pollinate some branches with a BH male :) And as we never know, i'll also pollinate last post's BH females with the Sage male ;-) They're all in week 2 of flo.

Sage male
picture.php

Sage 1
picture.php

Sage 2
picture.php

Sage 3
picture.php

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I get a shift in visual perception from the sorta weed i like, stuff looks brighter/sharper/etc. It is more a mental change though, i am rather negative and angry by nature, but the right weed opens me up, puts a smile on my face, makes me see the humanity and good in the world. It also stimulates rather than sedates.

This description satisfies my definition, but I'd expand it to more senses than visual. For instance, I noticed that my favorite chemotypes of Bangi Haze have a distinct auditory enhancement.

I have been in the habit of reposting one of the first posts of this thread as a reminder of what I mean by trip weed. Looks like we are due to repost again.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Here it is:

I collected a bunch of descriptions of Zamal and Zamal derived strains like Zamaldelica and others to start my "Zamaldelica - The Search for Trip Weed" thread. I'm posting them here because they encapsulate the spirit of the type of high that I am looking for, and I'd like to share what I'm really going for here:

Dubi - "I remember walking with a friend in the city, totally disoriented. We were walking in streets we know since we are children but we almost coudnt recognize them. It looked like a different place or city for us. We neither knew what we were doing or going, walking without direction around the old streets of my city."

British Hempire – "wow, what a smoke, very very potent, all in the head, a clear, electric, euphoric racing high, I'm a very experienced, hardcore smoker, I smoke all day every day yet this stuff had me higher that I think I've ever been before and positively messed up my friends who tried some. I took a walk to my friends house, a place I have been many many times and couldn't find it, walked up and down the street looking for the house, then had to ring him on my mobile phone as I got really confused, just awesome stuff. I have been in a satate ot total euphoria on this stuff, makes you talk a lot about mad ideas, sing silly little songs to yourself and wander about looking very baked but grinning insanely, just as close to herbal acid as I've ever experienced, straight to the number one slot on my list of best smokes."

Terpene - "...all I can say is HOLY S***. If you are looking for the terror ridden, thai clarity..." "First two hours were INTENSE, scary to the point anyone who wasn't a seasoned smoker would not want to be high anymore..." "...you see at 2 frames per second and there are a lot of "whoa, how long have I been here...... wait, did that just happen?" moments."

Xinox - "...first time i try it, i just look at the street through the window and i literally bug on it..." "you have some kind of slight stroboscopic effect. Then you feel some waves in your body, like you are carry in a wave. We also try this weed at 5 on my vaporizer and the conclusion of the assembly was clear that this weed is heavy shit..." "The high is strong but also very clear, it's indeed very psychedelic and long lasting. This pheno is almost hallucinatory, with some very visuel kind of effects. I'm quiet sure that this weed could easily paralyze a beiginner."

Dubi - "Zamal has a unique kind of high, it's crazy, psychedelic and out of control, especially i have found extremely powerful and crazy plants crossing zamal with other sats and sat/ind hybrids. It has huge breeding potential to get incredible sativa experiences in the hybrids..." "...with a terrorific electric high. It can produce serious paranoia and anxiety when correctly grown..." "...some phenos produced some of the most powerful sativa high i've ever smoked. A mix between anphetamine and LSD." "It was an overpowering accelerated, psychedelic, disorienting crazy high." "Zamal lemon produced one of the closest experience to LSD i've had smoking cannabis."

VanVulpen – "...added a totally new dimension to the musical experience, and gave me the true meaning of "rollercoaster weed""

DeadM -"...another one was terrorific..many friend after one can't smoke anymore of it ..they were unable to speak and move..."

Chamba – "...it was very intelligent and trippy in a way that I often felt like (if I smoked enough of it) of watching myself from above which gave a new perspective of things..at the same time it took ages to put my shoes on!"

BongHitter99 - "…walking back to my room and WHAM! I’m fucking high now!....electric fiery energy courses through my body…heat felt in chest and face…my hearts pounding hard now, I know im in for a ride....feeling extreme euphoria, almost like I want to love the whole world…this is some serious love weed for sure!...very UPBEAT! And motivating …..clear, no couchlock or heavy body load, ….this shit is great for club hopping, partying, socializing….this high just takes your breath away in awe..."

Unknown Guest - "No doubt the very best weed I smoked in my life was Zamal. It only happened to me a couple of times to find some stash that reminded of zamal's quality in holland. The best weed is the one that was not touched nor fertilized by man during its whole life. When they hear about our HPSs and fertilizers stuff, they laugh a lot."

Laugan Gaucher - I love Haze! I don't like most of powered zamal/haze hybrids. psychotic and hallucinogenic. Like Lsd or psilocybine you can have good time and bad time at the same time."

Mosca Negra - "Gerrit's Zamal is some SUPER FINE SMOKE!!!"

Any good thread has lots of pictures, IMHO, so here are a couple from my first Zamaldelica:

View Image
View Image
View Image

Happy Hunting,

ThaiBliss

:biggrin:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Here is something from a recent post in Tangwena's "Malawi Cob Curing" thread to encourage Sticky Sat:
You'll love the Panama, and Panama cob is super strong. My favourite so far is the Bangi Haze cob. It's so clear, euphoric, trippy. Puts a smile on my face just thinking about it. Got a couple of other cobs to sample, but always seem to reach for the Bangi.

Sticky Sat

Thanks for these great reminders my friend ! I realize i'm still a long way from finding such strains as described in post # 3522 but at least it seems i'm not going in the opposed direction... :) Anyway, it sure beats searching my dog around the neighborhood... ;)

Sticky Sat

A close up of the Sage bud development at 2 weeks in flo
picture.php

The O, also 2 weeks in flo
picture.php

A part of the happy family, the rest being all around the house... ;)
picture.php

'Boogieman'

everyone seems to retain there nice memories , and then amplifying them too ..
I,m not saying it was,nt good back then ,I,m saying its not as that bad now ;) you ask a younger smokers how sledged they got last night on something
there getting bent out shape telling stories too how tripped out they got of some stuff they smoked .
in 20 years they will be talking how weed isn't as good either lol

I run on logic thats all , thats what it tells me

I,m just playing devils advocate anyway , I grow a large variety of all sorts stuff and enjoy it all ......loving sativa,s at the moment

zamal x jamican lambread ....from mustafunk ...she,s getting heavy spears now
View Image

haze 27 x Jamaican lamb bread
View Image

I thought the same, and it might be somewhat true as I got very high like people describe here on mexican brick many years ago, but then I tried a zamaldelica cut from a friend that had me tripped out and paranoid like I just got high for the first time. My friend and I developed a tolerance to that pheno after awhile and the high was not as special until it was ready again months later. Sadly he lost that cut but he is trying to find a similar one.

Sticky Sat

Hey ThaiBliss ! :) I'm sorry but i don't understand why my uploads keep disappearing after a few hours. I uploaded it again but i know it won't stay... I wrote to Skip about that but he had no answer... Really sorry...

xet

ThaiBliss thank you again for this wonderful thread.

I have a question that maybe was asked in a previous post.

Someone might easily ask of you, "ThaiBliss, if you want to trip balls why not just do --this substance--?"

What is it, for you, that makes the Cannabis trip, above all, different than other trips? And what would the holy grail cannabis trip achieve in effects?

I classify the different types of trip weeds basically into an ascending order.

Something like

1.Foggy/High
2. High/Clear
3. High/Soaring
4. Soaring
5. Soaring/Geeky
6. Geek
7. Geeky/Trippy
8. Trippy
9. Trippy/Psychedelic
10. Psychedelic

out of all of these I have to say only twice have I ever experienced a psychedelic weed and it fit the definition perfectly holding no other effects but clearness/alertness on the beginning and the ending

:tiphat:

Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
The only consistent trip plant of level 10 I know is salvia divinorum. If you want to trip, try smoking it in concentrate form 5-20x. But be very careful if you do.

Cheers

xet

The only consistent trip plant of level 10 I know is salvia divinorum. If you want to trip, try smoking it in concentrate form 5-20x. But be very careful if you do.

Cheers

I have on several occasions experienced Salvia 100x and higher and that is another topic with a separate scale beginning higher than this 10 here but specifically my question is related to Cannabis.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I have discovered that delahaze has an extremely celebratory effect, not electric high,rather thoughts run about who knows where ....It was stupid of me not to have crossed it with Zamaldelica

Muleskinner

Veteran
Original Bros' Grimm C99 is the best strain I've grown for giving the racy/trippy high and still being short and quick-flowering. I use to vape it before going on my walks and I'd get visuals of sticks on the ground turning into snakes, that is the only strain ever to produce that effect for me.

Sticky Sat

Sorry for the disappearing pics brothers.
This is the third uploading so i hope it will stay... ;)

Buds from the O harvested last week.
attachment.php

Attachments

• O bud close up 3.jpg
    O bud close up 3.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 30