What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

xet

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you Underground Seeds Collective for offering the pure Senegal!

Here is my little Senegal hybrid:

View Image
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Thank you for this post.

2 days ago I literally was staring at this country on Google Maps wondering why I could not find it's genetics.

Cheers

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Nice Senegal cross!
Here is another picture of my Wicked Weed 4 foot tall "start", out of the greenhouse and getting acclimated to UV and wind in speckled light and gentle breezes.
picture.php

Sticky Sat

You're just killing me with this kind of beauty ThaiBliss ! :)

Regarding the Sage i have here, it's just too bad she seems to be quite TMV sensitive.
We're dealing all year long with this plague and some outbreaks let us with hardly 15 % at harvest time, instead of the 60 % we're used to since we found out ways to somewhat control it...
Some Sage individuals seem to resist better than others but so far at least 4 show stigmas... It doesn't mean they won't overcome it but we'll never know for sure what would have been their full potential without the virus...

TMV stigma on Sage
attachment.php

The BH seems to resist better so far but i'm afraid i don't have the killer pheno you were talking about ThaiBliss... ;) I definitely have a very floral scented sativa looking one though, and a more squat looking one with a stronger indefinable smell. It's stricking how their smells have evolved and differentiated during the flowering. Anyway, now i have lots of seeds to look for the killer...

Several Os have been pollinated by the 2 different looking BH males. I'm really looking forward trying these new seeds but i'd rather let them sit a few weeks before.

The O is also affected by the TMV but, although i've been taking clones from clones to keep the strain alive, it strangely looks like she has build some resistance. Her flowering time is now 10 days shorter than it was and her buds are smaller and lighter than before.
The only good thing about TMV is that it doesn't affect the potency. More the opposite...!

O with TMV stigma
attachment.php

Anyway, we can't make TMV disappear so i only breed the most resistant plants, hoping this trait will be enhanced and passed to the offsprings DNA... Just nature's way...

Sour Diesel x Congo leaf with TMV stigma
attachment.php

Attachments

• TMV on Sage 1.jpg
    TMV on Sage 1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 29
  • TMV stigma on SD x Congo leaf.jpg
    TMV stigma on SD x Congo leaf.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 24
  • O with TMV stigma.jpg
    O with TMV stigma.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 23

ThaiBliss

Veteran
My SAGE and it's offspring have the same issue with TMV. I don't really care since the end product is so good. I'm breeding that issue into my line. Whoops! LOL I hope it does not get worse.

xet

You're just killing me with this kind of beauty ThaiBliss ! :)

Regarding the Sage i have here, it's just too bad she seems to be quite TMV sensitive.
We're dealing all year long with this plague and some outbreaks let us with hardly 15 % at harvest time, instead of the 60 % we're used to since we found out ways to somewhat control it...
Some Sage individuals seem to resist better than others but so far at least 4 show stigmas... It doesn't mean they won't overcome it but we'll never know for sure what would have been their full potential without the virus...

TMV stigma on Sage
View Image

The BH seems to resist better so far but i'm afraid i don't have the killer pheno you were talking about ThaiBliss... ;) I definitely have a very floral scented sativa looking one though, and a more squat looking one with a stronger indefinable smell. It's stricking how their smells have evolved and differentiated during the flowering. Anyway, now i have lots of seeds to look for the killer...

Several Os have been pollinated by the 2 different looking BH males. I'm really looking forward trying these new seeds but i'd rather let them sit a few weeks before.

The O is also affected by the TMV but, although i've been taking clones from clones to keep the strain alive, it strangely looks like she has build some resistance. Her flowering time is now 10 days shorter than it was and her buds are smaller and lighter than before.
The only good thing about TMV is that it doesn't affect the potency. More the opposite...!

O with TMV stigma
View Image

Anyway, we can't make TMV disappear so i only breed the most resistant plants, hoping this trait will be enhanced and passed to the offsprings DNA... Just nature's way...

Sour Diesel x Congo leaf with TMV stigma
View Image

All Disease is due to a certain type of deficiency that is correctable. Multi-generational deficiencies increase the prevalence and occurences of certain disease and deepen the deficiency.. this is nature's way of culling improper health/nutritional intake though this can be curbed by attacking the deficiency with a complete food.

I would try attacking this issue with Boogie Brew.

Basically virus' and pathogen fill a void when certain elements sustaining the health of the body are devoid and these foreign entities can be pushed out but it might take multiple generations to properly flush this irregularity through ample nutrition via water soluble foods like a well balanced compost tea a la Boogie Brew.

Best of luck.

Sticky Sat

All Disease is due to a certain type of deficiency that is correctable. Multi-generational deficiencies increase the prevalence and occurences of certain disease and deepen the deficiency.. this is nature's way of culling improper health/nutritional intake though this can be curbed by attacking the deficiency with a complete food.

I would try attacking this issue with Boogie Brew.

Basically virus' and pathogen fill a void when certain elements sustaining the health of the body are devoid and these foreign entities can be pushed out but it might take multiple generations to properly flush this irregularity through ample nutrition via water soluble foods like a well balanced compost tea a la Boogie Brew.

Best of luck.

Thanks a lot for the insight Xet :) While all this is certainly true, it may not always be enough to explain everything.

When you've been growing organically and quite successfully for 40 years (don't get me wrong, if anything, it just taught me that i know nothing... ;)), with the very same low E.C home brew formula feeding and, just out of the blue, something strikes simultaneously all over several islands, affecting not only cannabis but also vanilla vines, tomatoes and all others solanaceae, beans, pepper, spinach etc, whatever the kind of soil they grow in and how they're fed, you can't help beginning to wonder about things like : could global warming drive nature crazy...?

The outbreak was so severe that the government entered the game and its inquiries revealed that this very potent TMV pheno had been introduced through tomatoes seeds... We had to wait more than 3 years before finding more resistant tomato strains... But the TMV is still around and, for sure, waiting for nutritional defiencies and so on to strike harder...

We just have to live with it like nature has to live with man... ;)

Last edited:

xet

The UV emittance from the Sun is exceedingly high this year and could absolutely drive this widespread abnormality from bacteria to insects to the very frequency of the DNA,.. even shattering portions of DNA and RNA across multiple life forms. TMV seems to be the fire/plague of the virus world.

A lot of people might argue the CDC benefits dropping random pathogen on certain geographic areas.

Whatever the case the earth has an answer above all things and if I am aiming to be a stickler I would primarily increase Iodine through Kelp or Krill.

Sticky Sat

The UV emittance from the Sun is exceedingly high this year and could absolutely drive this widespread abnormality from bacteria to insects to the very frequency of the DNA,.. even shattering portions of DNA and RNA across multiple life forms. TMV seems to be the fire/plague of the virus world.

A lot of people might argue the CDC benefits dropping random pathogen on certain geographic areas.

Whatever the case the earth has an answer above all things and if I am aiming to be a stickler I would primarily increase Iodine through Kelp or Krill.

Could very well be something of this kind and i've no doubt kelp or krill would definitely help. Chitosan also does, although it's man made... ;) Was just telling a friend this morning that since the feeding is the same, the deficiencies could very well come from the fact that plants metabolism is so disturbed by the weather conditions that it can't process the nutrients properly anymore...
The wheel keeps on turning and nothing stays the same... Well, at least i still love being high :)

xet

Could very well be something of this kind and i've no doubt kelp or krill would definitely help. Chitosan also does, although it's man made... ;) Was just telling a friend this morning that since the feeding is the same, the deficiencies could very well come from the fact that plants metabolism is so disturbed by the weather conditions that it can't process the nutrients properly anymore...
The wheel keeps on turning and nothing stays the same... Well, at least i still love being high :)

Exactly along those lines. The metabolism is sped up because the sun's increased frequency is increasing the frequency of all things especially the metabolism consuming elements to keep up with the new requirements.

Call it the universe's way of upgrading DNA. "Hi I am the universe. Nice Spinach and Tomatoes you got from your Home Depot package :zap: :zap: :fry:"

Silly example but I will say I am sun burning much more intensely this year with a deep color like never before and also on the weather websites the UV index is showing 10/11 when normal years are well below this 10.

Guess all we do is take it in stride but look into the whole Krill and Kelp as I fancy myself a bio geek focusing on cellular protection and your cells are being invaded. The krill particularly for it's omegas, Iodine and Selenium. More centered on my focus for an immune response than only the Kelp but both together will do well

Last edited:

Sticky Sat

O main head at about 10 days from harvest. Last 2 weeks were mostly rains and very dark clouded skies so i hope she'll finally get some sun...

attachment.php

Attachments

• O at H-10.jpg
    O at H-10.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 24

OakyJoe

TC Nursery est 2020
Veteran
so my good friend is asking for a nice beginner friendly sativa for indoors... he prefers something under 9-10 weeks and he is not searching for something like amnesia/ssh/slh etc...

any help choosing a nice fair sativa?

dufous

Bangi Haze from Ace or Satori from Mandala might work well for your good friend. They will finish in about 9 or 10 weeks and are easy to grow.

so my good friend is asking for a nice beginner friendly sativa for indoors ...

Sticky Sat

Always hard to make a choice but we kept only the 4 most sativa looking phenos of the Sage among those that seemed unaffected by the TMV. First hair in less than 8 days after 13 hours night switch. Courtesy no doubt of the afghani influence... :)
These are F2s and i can't help notice once again what a well balanced hybrid the Sage is.

First hair on the Sage.
picture.php

Sage sat pheno 3
picture.php

Sage sat pheno 1
picture.php

Last edited:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Nice looking SAGE plants.
:tiphat:
I was able to get a good whiff of my SAGE x (Bangi Haze x Wicked Weed) plant. The aroma is divine. It has the SAGE sweet spicy gun powder piney frankincense aroma! I'm very happy these terpene traits have been passed on to my selection in a noticeable degree. Every day I rush home from work to see how it has grown. Now it is all that much more enchanting to me.
:dancer:

I still can't determine the gender of the plant:
picture.php

This is going to be a great plant. If it is male, I'll be ecstatic. If it is female, I'm not convinced I should try to grow it outdoors. It may not ripen early enough. I may put it in a pot that I can move to a greenhouse in the fall.

ThaiBliss

Sticky Sat

Great looking one ThaiBliss ! You're clearly way ahead in the search my friend... ;)
I'll have to do my best with what i have here, hoping the results won't be too bad... :)

Sticky Sat

What do you mean? I've seen your posts. Hahaha. You're killing it!

Thanks a lot for these kind words man ! :)
I guess that when it comes to genetics i can't help dreaming about what i don't have... A common enough disease among us i'd say... ;)
I love my island but it's definitely not the best place to find or receive new strains, especially when you're not interested by the mainstream ones... :)