What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

REINING

Hi to all
a greeting to all of you who show off your plants in this fantastic thread.
PNG still in small 1.4 liter pots with 50% cocco\ soil + perlite.
I am under the sun of my land at the 40th parallel ...waiting for the final transfer

6 the smallest

hello greetings to all

Sticky Sat

Hi Reining ! :)

Good looking girls and nice progression since last time. They're clearly healthy and happy under your care ;)

The best of luck with them :)

REINING

Hi Reining ! :)

Good looking girls and nice progression since last time. They're clearly healthy and happy under your care ;)

The best of luck with them :)

yes, they have good growth.
hopefully, I can not wait to see them spend this summer

thank you so much again ... too good and kind!
THX!

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Wow Reining - Those PNGs look great. They look very different than the ones I've been playing with. I believe mine might be PNG Red. I think yours look like PNG Gold. Please keep us up to date as they progress.

Do you have a story you can tell about their history?

Thanks,

ThaiBliss

REINING

Wow Reining - Those PNGs look great. They look very different than the ones I've been playing with. I believe mine might be PNG Red. I think yours look like PNG Gold. Please keep us up to date as they progress.

Do you have a story you can tell about their history?

Thanks,

ThaiBliss

Hi ThaiBliss
the seeds come from AZURE
I sowed 6 seeds, with a 100% germination percentage.
I'm therefore growing 6 plants out.
I will choose two females to put in decidedly larger pots, trying to make the plants express better.

PNG

the remaining plants will go in smaller pots (about 20 lt).
they have good growth, they are quite vigorous and they also look like strong seedlings.
we hope well.

I also have 6 plants of Black Congolese SNOWHIGH.
with Black C. I already had a first experience last year, I had a good female plant that promised well, I liked it a lot.
but I had problems and it was not possible for me to complete it.

Black Congolese

I'm trying again this year.
I hope this is the right year ..
I thank you so much, I will keep you updated.
thx.

Siever

Veteran
Is it already a long time since you purchased them? I can't find them anywhere.

Kind regards,

Siever

REINING

Is it already a long time since you purchased them? I can't find them anywhere.

Kind regards,

Siever

Hello
they are not for sale anywhere.
they have been donated to many people ... to anyone.
this is demonstrated by the fact that I managed to get them too.
maybe someone will do more seeds in the future and you will manage to get them.
hello, I wish you the best

Sticky Sat

Hello Trip Weed Searching friends ! :)

There'll hopefully be something interesting to find or breed in this bunch of Sage, Bangi Haze and O girls.
picture.php

A few more days to go for this O
picture.php

Have a nice week brothers :)

Siever

Veteran
Hello
they are not for sale anywhere.
they have been donated to many people ... to anyone.
this is demonstrated by the fact that I managed to get them too.
maybe someone will do more seeds in the future and you will manage to get them.
hello, I wish you the best

thanks man!
Sooner or later I'll find quite sure.

Siever

H

hard rain

Some great pics all 'round.

It would be great if people could take the time to tell us what it is about the variety they are growing that puts it into the "trip weed" category? In other words a smoke report. Can't think of any modern hybrid that I've grown that I would call trippy.

I have recently begun to take psilocybin mushrooms again occasionally after 30+ years of not touching them. It's got me thinking about traits in cannabis that are trippy. There's a lot of different parts to a trip from psychedelic to euphoric and everything in between. The cannabis I call trippy belongs to a different era. Thai Sticks, Lao, ultra sativa's. Maybe othere have a different perspective.

Sticky Sat

Hi Hard rain,

I totally agree with you about the kind of high we used to get in that different (i'd almost say lost...) era... I sometimes wonder if it was only the weed or if we were also different (except for being younger)... Could it be that our brains not only built a tolerance but also learned to process the trippy ingredient differently...? One thing's for sure, it was always sativas that had it...
Sorry i can't say much about the Bangi Haze as i haven't sampled it yet. First run was commited to make seeds and i'd rather wait for this one to have a better idea... :) I have hopes as ThaiBliss found interesting phenos in the BH but it's more likely that i'll find one in the next germination since we only had 2 females on the last...
Well, i guess it's because we haven't found it yet that it's a search... A not too unpleasant one... ;)

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Hi Hard rain,

I sometimes wonder if it was only the weed or if we were also different (except for being younger)... Could it be that our brains not only built a tolerance but also learned to process the trippy ingredient differently...? One thing's for sure, it was always sativas that had it...

What is a trippy strain/effect??
I think it's a combination of factors, certainly they were other times, I think the high of an Oaxaca gold(or many other strain) is partly due to the atmosphere of those times, and the fact that you were young, (I do not, I'm 35)...it's also a mental predisposition, not everyone has the same experiences (whether you're talking about ganjah or lsd)...confirming what the subject can be subjective, I must say that I found more "trippy" a nl5hz that the oldtimer hz .... (for example)

X

xavier7995

I get a shift in visual perception from the sorta weed i like, stuff looks brighter/sharper/etc. It is more a mental change though, i am rather negative and angry by nature, but the right weed opens me up, puts a smile on my face, makes me see the humanity and good in the world. It also stimulates rather than sedates.

Sticky Sat

Hello brothers ! :)
My clone only O hybrid gives me the exact kind of high Xavier describes so well. Some visual distortions but very clear headed and motivational, combined with a glowing feeling of love and harmony :) But, after the experiences i had with Buddha, Puna luna, Kauai electric, Maui wowee and so on through the early 80s, i can't exactly call it trippy... Still, imho it's a strain worth keeping in the search for the grail, at least until i find a better one... ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts