What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

420club
Maybe if Cali would build dams in their fargin state and quit relying on Colo to supply their water it would go a long way to alleviate the problem.

But NO!!!! The tree huggersin that state won't allow it!!!!! Cali got copious amounts of water the last two years and it all went into the ocean! Idiots.....
Colorado water is the best. Don’t know anything about cali dumping it into the ocean. Water is a precious thing and many in this country have crap coming outta their sinks. I do wish we could all conserve it a bit more and fix the poison water problem.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well of course it's an auto run by energy by shooting the cartridge.
A qtr of the power runs the slide and a sw mod 29 is a wheel gun
The longer 6" barrel and around 75% more weight loaded makes the biggest difference.

For that matter, I've fired the 8 3/8" barrel Mdl 29 in 44 mag and it wasn't near as blasty. I had been shooting 44 Specials in the 4" and wasn't paying attention after loading it with 44 Mags, I shot it a relaxed single handed off hand and almost parted my scalp with the recoil.

The important part is that I didn't flinch with the Desert Eagle and was starting to with the Model 29 4".

OleReynard

The longer 6" barrel and around 75% more weight loaded makes the biggest difference.

For that matter, I've fired the 8 3/8" barrel Mdl 29 in 44 mag and it wasn't near as blasty. I had been shooting 44 Specials in the 4" and wasn't paying attention after loading it with 44 Mags, I shot it a relaxed single handed off hand and almost parted my scalp with the recoil.

The important part is that I didn't flinch with the Desert Eagle and was starting to with the Model 29 4".
It's called jumping the gun

BubbasPlace

Kind of you to say so, @Sun&Soil -- but I believe it is just the "world" I grew up in.

My father was strict and loving. His busted leg prevented him from being in the military -- but as for the rest of all the males I knew:

Brother Clayton (10 years older) USAF
Uncle Irv: P-51 Pilot (shot down in Prague -- funny story)
Uncle Harry: 1st Infantry Div. Omaha Beach
Uncle Ed: Commanded Regiment of Marines at Iwo Jima

I never saw a negro until I traveled somewhat. There simply were nothing but white folks -- all schools and towns.

There were no locks on our doors. Nor any neighbor's.

So if you look at that "pedigree" above, you can see all my relatives and those I knew were what a space alien would consider a weird breed:

Honest, never cheat or steal (ugh! even thinking about it!) and loyal. BUT! <-- and it is a huge "BUT" -- every single one I knew would (or did) kill a human(s) in a heartbeat and not worry about it.

Weird dichotomy, when you thinks onnit. Innit? You guys see me as innocent. And in a way, I am the non-innocent one.
I doubt anyone here is truly 😇 innocent, but many just were not caught! LOL! 😂

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran

I wish more people felt about hard drugs like I do.
Never could see past the damages caused to find the pleasure in them same as liquor.
I still miss my big brother every fuckin day.

I'm in full agreement 🤝 with ya - done just about every so-called recreational drug - and quite a few pharmaceuticals over the years - and for me it's just cannabis that shines thru into my old age - even regular boozing I left behind 11 years ago - had 2 beers only last year - in the heat 🥵 - and enjoyed the novelty of drinking them -

BubbasPlace

I'm in full agreement 🤝 with ya - done just about every so-called recreational drug - and quite a few pharmaceuticals over the years - and for me it's just cannabis that shines thru into my old age - even regular boozing I left behind 11 years ago - had 2 beers only last year - in the heat 🥵 - and enjoyed the novelty of drinking them -
Same here, no alcohol, was essential for my hepc cure, no hard drugs, pot only now.

I remember an interview with David Bowie not long before he died. When asked about the drug days, he smiled with a far away look and said that he really couldn't recommend it to anyone, but wouldn't trade those days for anything. I understood completely.

Bubba