What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

PadawanWarrior

Damn, this snow won't quit. Weather man says this will continue into the night. Actually above freezing so the snow is like soup. What a mess. Most everything is closed. I guess I will go back to the basement and keep trimming.
Are you in CO too? That was some heavy crap. Someone was supposed to plow our driveway but they cancelled so we were all out there shoveling yesterday. Luckily I have kids, :D . Our deck is still pretty covered.

WIN_20240316_11_41_19_Pro.jpg

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
As someone who has witnessed patients being stuck on a ventilator for weeks/months, with no chance whatsoever of leaving the ICU, in addition to self-inflicted GSWs (gunshot wound) to the head that went up instead of out, and didn't work out the way they planned... this is my plan:

Couple of tramadol washed down with a vodka rocks, wait 5 or 10 minutes and throw down another five or six tramadols. Have another drink after another 10 or 15 minutes and then 5 or 10 more tramadols... if you're still conscious in an hour or two, rinse and repeat.

I don't do opiates so I have zero tolerance whatsoever for them. I've just got the tramadol around here because of orthopedic issues with now dead dogs.

So between that and the alcohol, it should take me out permanently, without me puking and aspirating, while I'm still conscious.

As Shawn Phillips sang back in the day... "I hope that the choice of death is mine to make, and clear."
I will use Ambien. I have a prescription. 15 or 20 should do the job.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Are you in CO too? That was some heavy crap. Someone was supposed to plow our driveway but they cancelled so we were all out there shoveling yesterday. Luckily I have kids, :D . Our deck is still pretty covered.

View attachment 18974174
Wow, someone from Colorado....I though everybody left but me and BigSur. What part of the state...I am in Littleton up against the foothills. Looks like you are in the mountains.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

CharlesU Farley

I will use Ambien. I have a prescription. 15 or 20 should do the job.
Haven't done any sleep aids since the 70s with Quaaludes, which in Miami were called disco biscuits. When I was 18, I did do my grandfather's Doriden and chased it with a tall boy.

Woke up at 12:00 the next afternoon and missed my morning college classes. :rolleyes:

Have heard many conflicting reports of about Ambien as a general sleep aid and I want to be hammered _down_ when I go out... not sure Ambien would do it.

The key with all this shit, is to not take 50 or 100 pills all at the same time. All you'll do then is fuck the shit out of your stomach, puke, aspirate (which means breathing in your puke into your lungs) and end up being on a ventilator, in the hospital, for a couple of weeks.

And some young fuck RRT will have to suck shit out of your lungs and then he'll start wondering... is this really what I want to do for the _rest_ of my life?? :ROFLMAO:

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Brother they are going to remove all the hardware and put in a spacer and an antibiotic sponge for anywhere from 6 to 10 weeks. Then if the infection is gone then I can get a new knee and have to start over again. I don't believe I will bounce back from the new knee as fast as I did the last time. Being stiff legged for 6 to 10 weeks is going to suck. And to top that I may be on antibiotics for a year afterwards, and that antibiotic you can not be in the sunlight very long before it starts making you feel bad.
Wow that sucks Giggy. I’m glad you’re getting it fixed tho. Those infections are no shit to mess around with. 💞