What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Bubba wanted to eat the bed frame so we went outside and played instead.
😆
My Arlo ate the door frame a little when I wasn’t looking. Gotta cover it up with some paint… Gotta watch those puppies. Don’t leave socks laying around either, my Maryjane ate two of them and thank goodness thew them up. We are home all the time and try to watch them. I put Arlo in the kennel if we have to make a run so he doesn’t get into anything. Your Bubba is so cute and growing fast.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Good morning everyone. Gonna be nice today in the 70s. I just saw the weather in Colorado sorry Pute no need to rush out there with that shovel. Do some warm up stretching if you do.

does anyone use TikTok? My daughter sends me some funny clips from TikTok now and then but what else is it used for?

OleReynard

There is nothing like smell or the sound of music from the past to reach right down in and grab you by the fucking heart. That shit happens to me all the time, the older I get it, seems like the more emotional I get. Sometimes even a lost dog announcement will get to me and make my ass cry. :cry:
It's bringing up simpler times or people that aren't round no more.
I associate certain songs with certain things I've done in my life

OleReynard

@oldfogey8 -- I have a couple of nice crossbows. If you are thinking of shooting rats, you will not need a crossbow equivalent to 155 howitzer power. <-- Beasts are best for hunting, since loading them is tough and you get tired quickly target shooting multiple times.

This one is a whizzer. Easy to load, and with the telescopic sight, you will never miss a rat. And it has been marked down from list $305 to $190:

View attachment 18972984
Sauce:
Ya want a crossbow check these out Ravins

OleReynard

No therapy today, chiro is in the plans.
All that bending over and kneeling on the ground put my back in tail spin.
Been mulching last couple days laying fabric cloth and stuff.
Still have plenty o frost in the ground here landscape staples only wanted to go half way in, so had to step on them to finish, most of them bent over.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Mornin' everyone.
GIdxWeIWkAALabu.jpg

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning all! @Subby, yup blizzard outside. Most roads are closed...... supposed to snow all day! Looks like about a foot. Probably have twice that much before it stops!

Daylight is now coming...... what a mess. I need to up-pot and trim a plant not to mention snow detail.....my back is gonna hate me!!!

Capt.Ahab

Veteran
Crossbows....
My first crossbow was a Parker Tornado.
It was a good compound crossbow. I used it for about 8 years. But then Parker company went tits up and I decided to get a recurve Excalibur .
The recurve Excalibur doesnt have the cams and all that need to be timed whenever I changed the string. I can easily do it myself compared to having to take the Parker to a shop .
Ive been using it for three years or so now and I'm glad I made the change. I'm getting 390 FPS with a 450 grain bolt including the broadhead. My shots when deer hunting are usually within 10-40 yards but it is deadly accurate far beyond that easily. Beyond 40 yards or so Im not taking the shot anyhow.
I practice in the back yard at 30 yards. These Block brand targets easily stop the bolts with a broadhead but do eventually get shot out and need to be replaced.
IMG_5500.jpg

Africanna

My Arlo ate the door frame a little when I wasn’t looking. Gotta cover it up with some paint… Gotta watch those puppies. Don’t leave socks laying around either, my Maryjane ate two of them and thank goodness thew them up. We are home all the time and try to watch them. I put Arlo in the kennel if we have to make a run so he doesn’t get into anything. Your Bubba is so cute and growing fast.
I remember our GSD ripped open the cushion of a pool lounger and got stuck into the sponge - went all the way through him because the next day the turds were decorated with little niblets of yellow sponge

Capt.Ahab

Veteran
Feels like a heat wave here today. 47F , sunny and the horrid easterly winds we've had for the last 4 days have finally laid down.
The Spring birds are starting to show up and the daffodils are starting to poke out of the ground.
The garlic that has been in the garden all winter is starting to sprout.
Its time to think about de-winterizing the boat for striper season which will be here before you know it.
Im getting the itch to start some seeds .
Mrs. Ahab is suggesting a trip to the range today to do some shooting.
Life is good, as they say.

BrassNwood

Veteran
these need to come back in style

View attachment 18972831

Blousing rubbers were still part of the US green army in the early 70s. Suckers left a mean depression in your calf that lasted for hours after getting the damned things off.

An odd thing happened to me this morning at the breakfast table - in front of my wife and kids - The Mrs and my boy were talking about some little girl that was given a lollipop 🍭 by the barber that was cutting my boys hair yesterday at a barber shop in Surbiton - and that got me looking up a soundtrack for this conversation on YouTube - as I sat there at the table sipping hot Colombian filtered coffee - so I searched for The Chordettes 'Lollipop' song -

- and as we listened and all enjoyed that old song - I looked beneath it - on the YouTube list - and another song I knew well was there by a Jamaican artist called Millie - who had a big hit in the UK with 'My Boy Lollipop ' - and so playing breakfast DJ - that was the next song I presented to the family - and as the first bars of the song became audible - my eyes immediately teared up - and tears started streaming down my face - got all choked up - which alerted 📢 my wife and stunned my kids - because they had never seen me crying like that - then my daughter ask me 'Why are you crying Daddy?' - with a very perplexed look on her face - and I could hardly get the words out to answer her - since I was so emotionally disturbed - and was busy trying to dab all the leaking moisture from my face - it caught me unexpected - with such an immediate and heavy emotional response 😢 - that I had to ponder for a while - to figure out why to myself - then it clicked - some subliminal emotional reaction had been triggered by the memory of my now deceased Mother (RIP Mum) - dancing around the kitchen with me - in 1964 to this song - I was just 4 years old at the time -

I can't even remember the last time I cried it was so long ago - but it kinda felt good - and although there was sadness in the memory - there was also much joy - so I ended up laughing at myself - (silly old fool - lol)
- Has anyone else had something like this happen to them?

Military funerals, pet deaths all leave me wet faced. Wife's father was WW2 Navy so we requested Honors.

And in the news today - we have some very naughty American tourists berating a Kings Guard in Central London - now I'm no monarchist - but these troops have a laborious and difficult job to do - standing there for hours on end - on sentry duties - dressed up in awkward ceremonial clothing - some on horses even - so should be respected -

Don't the guard have authority to plow you down if you interfere with them? I detest rude people and... Best not to go there.
There is nothing like smell or the sound of music from the past to reach right down in and grab you by the fucking heart. That shit happens to me all the time, the older I get it, seems like the more emotional I get. Sometimes even a lost dog announcement will get to me and make my ass cry. :cry:
Nat King Cole. Reminds me of my father more than anything and catches me off guard.
Yes - I was thinking along those lines also - and have always been a high testosterone male - but my last bloodwork results came back to let me know that I'm now an average testosterone male for my age - and the doctor told me that if I was not regularly exercising as I do - it could be lower - since physical exercise does boost testosterone levels somewhat - and I have noticed that with age I have mellowed gradually - and don't get as aggressive as I used to -

Plus with my current heart condition (waiting for open heart surgery) - I have cut down on the intensity of how I train - and must not do any HIIT (high intensity interval training) - as I would often do in years past - so as not to let my training heart rate exceed 130 beats per minute - which could possibly lead to a heart attack -
Aortic Aneurisms plural both upper and lower. What should be a garden hose in size is now a soda can and time to deal with it. Likely the 40 tons of snow I shoveled during last winter's snow disaster didn't help matters.

The B team screwed up and didn't get the prior 5 years of scans like they said they would and called me last night asking if I could bring them today? Duh NO. It takes 2 or 3 days for the VA to make CD disc copies of that stuff and you swore you could get them faster them I could and that was 2 weeks ago.

Canceled my appointment for today. Grrrrrrrrr. Reschedule in 2 weeks? WTF? Sigh.... It was mostly for a 2nd opinion but it's still aggravating. I see the A team on Friday.

My head want to count pulse beats but can't decide if I should count ascending or descending. :)

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
@bigsur51 I recently received some big sur holy weed seeds.......what should I expect?

are those genuine bshw seeds?….

i have a lot of what I called big sandy holy weed which are different than the original from my understanding….

mine started with some seeds I got from a dude at the Cabana called Danbo…he sent some bshw and some sage seeds…..

I had better luck with the sage and they were open pollinated with some other males throughi the years I grew them..

theynhave been pollinated with some Mexican , South American , a chocolate Thai , and an old afghani over the past 10 years or so

they are pretty consistent but there are some variations to be found…

hope this helps

now have some coffee

IMG_8473.jpeg

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Can Scottie Scheffler do it?

no doubt

but can he do it if he was up against the best in the world?

that is the question

at the Players he is not playing against the best in the world so if he wins , he gets an asterisk

can you imaging if the 10 best PGA players playing against the best LIV in a Ryder Cup format , televised?

my gawd , that event would be the most watched and highest grossing even in the history of golf!…

CharlesU Farley

Blousing rubbers were still part of the US green army in the early 70s. Suckers left a mean depression in your calf that lasted for hours after getting the damned things off.

Military funerals, pet deaths all leave me wet faced. Wife's father was WW2 Navy so we requested Honors.

Don't the guard have authority to plow you down if you interfere with them? I detest rude people and... Best not to go there.

Nat King Cole. Reminds me of my father more than anything and catches me off guard.

Aortic Aneurisms plural both upper and lower. What should be a garden hose in size is now a soda can and time to deal with it. Likely the 40 tons of snow I shoveled during last winter's snow disaster didn't help matters.

The B team screwed up and didn't get the prior 5 years of scans like they said they would and called me last night asking if I could bring them today? Duh NO. It takes 2 or 3 days for the VA to make CD disc copies of that stuff and you swore you could get them faster them I could and that was 2 weeks ago.

Canceled my appointment for today. Grrrrrrrrr. Reschedule in 2 weeks? WTF? Sigh.... It was mostly for a 2nd opinion but it's still aggravating. I see the A team on Friday.

My head want to count pulse beats but can't decide if I should count ascending or descending. :)
Asking you to bring in the reports after they said that they could get it faster than you, _two_ weeks ago, is total and complete bullshit. But it happens all the time, little hospitals or big hospitals, doesn't matter. After you've registered your displeasure, there's really nothing you can do except sit back and wait until they get their shit together.

I'm being a bit facetious here, but it is true... just don't let it get you all pissed off and increase your BP. That's something you want to avoid at all cost right now. ;)