What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

BubbasPlace

The like button is probably all my fault. I’ve got a shitty attitude away from me and everybody else on the old farts forum… I appreciate the thought you folks wanting to come give me a hand, but I live way down in the bowels way too far to drive down here… I think I’m going to stop taking my blood pressure medication because it’s dragging me down too much. What I have to do in a tent is quite complex having to drop all the plants and move everything around after I feed them and spray them I’ve grown lemon, Betty crusted with TK, and I don’t know that I will ever do it again. That damn plant has doubled in size once it hit the veg and it’s growing through the lights. I am putting an awful lot of hope and the truffle treats making it through flowering the way my plants used to look.
Mine stretch right up to the lights and stopped. Have yo yos pulling the 2 tallest over and down a bit. Beginning week 6 I believe. Always love 7th and 8th weeks, big time swell! Lemon Betty x Triangle Kush. Jacks 20 20 20 pro mix, 3 gallon pots.

Attachments

• IMG_20240308_223327458.jpg
    IMG_20240308_223327458.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20240308_223353124.jpg
    IMG_20240308_223353124.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 34

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
@bigsur51 just to let you know, I too have been having trouble with my pizza stone sticking lately especially when I use the 00 flour which I love. I did massive research on how to more easily get it off my peel without sticking causing a frustrating mess when I try to lay it on the oven. I didn’t have the problem using regular bread flour but the 00 flour is a bit more hydrated and sometimes I get it a bit thin on the bottom. Anyways I figure that the peel they sent with the thing is a pos so I ordered on of these which should be here tomorrow. I know it’s expensive but you don’t have to worry about hurry up to get it in the oven before it sticks to the peel and hydrated dough is not an issue. They have a video on how it works kinda rolls off a piece of canvas. I’ll let you know how it works. My last couple of pizza were a bit ugly but still good.
IMG_2487.jpeg

CharlesU Farley

I had no side effects from it but who knows what long term effects it has, that’s kinda why I came off of it. Some days I wish I wouldn’t have but don’t know how much it would help. I will do some Tylenol APF, Motrin or Aleve sometimes but try not to do them daily anymore.
Just remember to be very very careful with Tylenol. Out of all the nsaids, Tylenol has the least effect but causes the _most_ amount of liver damage. Advil is my go-to anti-inflammatory, it replaced aspirin about 30 years ago for me. Nothing better for a hangover, when I used to overindulge in my youth. 🤪

You've hit the nail on the head on the daily use issue. This shit ain't meant to be used continually / chronically over a long period of time. Having experienced a herniated disc, in addition to other orthopedic issues, Advil is the first line of defense for me. 10 years ago I'd flush it down with vodka or bourbon to totally numb out the pain but can't do that anymore, too old for that shit.

Stretching, exercise and staying active is the best way for us old fucks to avoid back pain / knee pain / whatever other fucking pain you got.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
@bigsur51 just to let you know, I too have been having trouble with my pizza stone sticking lately especially when I use the 00 flour which I love. I did massive research on how to more easily get it off my peel without sticking causing a frustrating mess when I try to lay it on the oven. I didn’t have the problem using regular bread flour but the 00 flour is a bit more hydrated and sometimes I get it a bit thin on the bottom. Anyways I figure that the peel they sent with the thing is a pos so I ordered on of these which should be here tomorrow. I know it’s expensive but you don’t have to worry about hurry up to get it in the oven before it sticks to the peel and hydrated dough is not an issue. They have a video on how it works kinda rolls off a piece of canvas. I’ll let you know how it works. My last couple of pizza were a bit ugly but still good.
View attachment 18972414

thats awesome!…I will be looking forward to your results..l

the last time we used corn meal , it caught on fire and now our stone is scorched…I have to look up how to clean the stone now and figure out why t caught fire….

Rgd

Veteran
you don’t have to worry about hurry up to get it in the oven before it sticks to the peel and hydrated dough is not an issue.
I do 85% too

my wooden one is ok....the metal one is worse..but yeh it can be scary

I do see Italian pros using semolina as “ballbearings"

I once thought it was not kosher..but guess it is

please update that peel

yeh few things in pizza land worse than a stuck to peel

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't want to cause concern, @Gray Wolf . Meloxicam was very effective at controlling my arthritis pain. It was hard on my guts however and it caused a GI bleed. There were no symptoms or discomfort beforehand. No more NSAIDS as a result. 7 days in the hospital, multiple endoscopy/colonoscopy, 7 units of blood and 1 iron infusion later I was fine.

If I could still take it I would because it worked.
Thanks for the heads up brother! Internal bleeding was listed as a possible side effect and the kidneys are vulnerable as a side effect.
always impressive GW…
constantly go through the cat game with my cow dogs Apache and Comanche… I just give them the fffffffffff and two crazy Injuns they become….
Like people, there is pathology in their populous, but all healthy dogs are smart enough to understand commands, so it really gets down to how important it is to them to maintain our good will. One of the things that I admire about the German Shepherd breed is how important their good standing in the pack is to them and therefore how easy they are to train. Also how evolved their brains are so that at the same time they are training us.

IE: The first thing I train dogs to do is to sit, as well as to shake while they are sitting there. I train them to sit first because I then make them stop and sit at every curb until they receive the OK command.

Those two commands are the only two commands that I use treats for and just use praise for the rest.

Lola had the sit down by the third piece of jerky and the shake after two more. About average for the German Shepherds that we've raised from pups.

An hour later I'm reading the newspaper and Lola walks up, sits down, and hands me her paw looking for another piece of jerky.

If you watch their eyes, they are not just seeing you, they are paying close attention and are reading you.

366498612_190281080721790_5356195193007032757_n.jpg

Last edited:

CharlesU Farley

agreed on Tylenol being not good for you

have heard Advil is as bad in a different way..it does combat pain for me the first time I take it

I don't like it though..it makes me say things I sometimes regret..
Tylenol nails the liver, Advil gets the kidneys in high dose/chronic usage. Taking a couple of either one of these daily, for a couple weeks, ain't going to fuck you up. It's when people start taking six to 10+ daily for months at a time that it just totally fucks your shit up.

And for me, it wasn't Advil that made me say things I regret, it was the alcohol. o_O

CharlesU Farley

If you watch their eyes, they are not just seeing you, they are paying close attention and are reading you.
To quote the DI from Forrest Gump... "Gump, you're a goddamn genius!!!!"

In my years of experience training dogs... big dogs, little dogs, purebred dogs, mutt dogs... eye contact is the _key_ to communication with them.

Dogs are masters at observation, they don't miss a fucking thing. Humans on the other hand, not so much.:confused:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts