What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Sun&Soil

You gotta love this fucking forum! They make a change, not in censorship but for business. I totally understand what they were trying to accomplish because the jokes/music videos, high resolution JPEGs, and other non cannabis related content sucks up _massive_ fucking amounts of what the techies call bandwidth. That shit costs _money_!

And we're using this forum, _free_ of charge, and not being inundated with bullshit pop-up ads and associated in your face advertising.

I'm an old fuck... pre emoticon, emojis, smiley faces... all the rest of that bullshit.

I was going to be OK. :p
I don't see that they have an easy way to become a supporter or a friend.

I've spent a long time on another forum that makes it easy to donate to help pay the bills. They keep it free with a minimal add banner at the top. You can donate in different levels and it comes with no adds, a supporters tag, and a section for. It often is included as a prize for contests as well as gifted from community member to community member.

Make it easy to support and you will be suprised how much more help there will be when the system needs upgrades to keep up with the data.

I'm still not sure how to make a donation. I think I need to pm someone or email them and wait for them to get back to me. This is after digging deeper then normal, drilling down on the want to advertise.

@Gypsy Nirvana

Janborrego

Best wishes for her
Ty I just talked to the cardiologist again. He had an emergency when he wad talking to us and had to go. Her heart attack was not mild it was massive. He told me if I had not taken her to the hospital when I did she wouldn't be here now. She presented with no symptoms except leg weakness. Which is normal for her age. He said he would have missed it. I am glad I pay attention to details and can tell when something is not right. I have been taking care of mom and dad since Nov 2006. She is only half fixed they removed a very large thrombosis (blood clot). They will do the other blockage on Thursday. Will get a couple more stints then.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club

I've spent a long time on another forum that makes it easy to donate to help pay the bills. They keep it free with a minimal add banner at the top. You can donate in different levels and it comes with no adds, a supporters tag, and a section for. It often is included as a prize for contests as well as gifted from community member to community member.

Make it easy to support and you will be suprised how much more help there will be when the system needs upgrades to keep up with the data.

I'm still not sure how to make a donation. I think I need to pm someone or email them and wait for them to get back to me. This is after digging deeper then normal, drilling down on the want to advertise.

@Gypsy Nirvana

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
You gotta love this fucking forum! They make a change, not in censorship but for business. I totally understand what they were trying to accomplish because the jokes/music videos, high resolution JPEGs, and other non cannabis related content sucks up _massive_ fucking amounts of what the techies call bandwidth. That shit costs _money_!

And we're using this forum, _free_ of charge, and not being inundated with bullshit pop-up ads and associated in your face advertising.

I'm an old fuck... pre emoticon, emojis, smiley faces... all the rest of that bullshit.

I was going to be OK. :p
Not me, I was getting the shakes having to over medicate I’m glad the like button is back 🥹

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
Patreon <-- You can become a donating Premium member here.

@Gypsy Nirvana

CharlesU Farley

@Gypsy Nirvana
Supporting this site is outstanding, cash is always cool!

Sun&Soil

Thanks for pointing that out.

CharlesU Farley

I was permanently banned from the first two cannabis forums that I joined so I've been on IC Mag longer than any other forum. I have also learned more about cannabis here than any other forum.

They've treated me right since 2009, so once we agreed on the goal, I missed the button but didn't worry about it.
Like you, I'm old school and have been around for a while. I'm going to say what I want in this forum (keeping in mind the fact that someone else built, paid for, and maintains this site for free so I'll do my best to abide by their rules), try to restrain myelf from responding to obvious trolls/millennial dick heads, and hope for the best. If you read my very first post in here, you'll know I don't do well in moderated environments. :rolleyes:

Sun&Soil

So you have to sign up for Patreon to sign up to make a reoccurring payment to this site. Like everything today, overly complicated.

I'm only trying to give Constructive criticism. Make it simpler and offer a couple more options and I bet you get more support.

Screenshot_20240311_203758_Chrome.jpg

In your face, but tasteful.

Screenshot_20240311_203856_Chrome.jpg

Super easy, and even a way to gift someone in the community if you felt like making a kind gesture. Gifting is contagious and is fun when done anonymous.

I could probably have signed up for a Patreon account by now, but I'm dragging my feet with adding another account, password, and process to my life.

If there is a way to make a donation that is not reoccurring and will be good for 3 months, 1 year, 2 years, or lifetime that would be great, and I would be interested.

Last edited:

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
everything in life is getting way more complicated that needed...I spent 2 hours in a hospital this past week filling out forms and signing 18 releases...the sad part is they have all my information but wanted it again...fuggem...never again in that dump...

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Like you, I'm old school and have been around for a while. I'm going to say what I want in this forum (keeping in mind the fact that someone else built, paid for, and maintains this site for free so I'll do my best to abide by their rules), try to restrain myelf from responding to obvious trolls/millennial dick heads, and hope for the best. If you read my very first post in here, you'll know I don't do well in moderated environments. :rolleyes:
Me either.

everything in life is getting way more complicated that needed...I spent 2 hours in a hospital this past week filling out forms and signing 18 releases...the sad part is they have all my information but wanted it again...fuggem...never again in that dump...
You feeling any better?

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
it was 72 here today so we burned some sticker grass and farted around outdoors

i noticed about 15-20 volunteers already popping up…..lots of different flavors , lemon Betty , triangle kush , all those and more….

maybe i will let them grow , maybe I won’t..