What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
(y)

Back in the day, it would have been <vbseg>

To give you an idea of my ancient perspective, this is a cut and paste from my website:

Overgrow.com was getting a lot of hype but the thought of using a centralized, God forbid, moderated forum was repugnant to me. Usenet was de-centralized, un-moderated and totally open, so you could post whatever the fuck you wanted and no one could "flag" it or take it down. The Web forums offered flashy, blinky GIF's of cute little emoticons where the "moderators" decided what got posted and what didn't. I declined to participate in that environment.

I recognized many a nym-shifting POS by their writing style from adpc, who did nothing but repost info readily available on Usenet to impress everyone with "their" knowledge and gain Karma points. How pathetic. They would never give attribution where the info came from, cut 'n paste gurus from the AOL crowd really impressed the Overgrow newbies.

my memory ain’t what it used to be CF so I cannot say for certain if we ran across each others path back in the day

i was at Overgrow and left with all the folks who started Cannabis World One and Two , bounced around a few other places , PlanetGanja , Yahooka , FreeCannabis , Canna Cabana , and hung out with 77 members on Raccoon Ridge….

it has been a long strange trip

I perceive that you have way more experience and expertise that I do when it comes to computers and how the internet works…kudos to you Bro….

i can tell you a lot about concrete cause I was a cement finisher for 40 years and I can still lay it down in my 70’s but I cannot tell you how interwebs work….

that being said , I can discern censorship , I can spot insecurity , greed , egotistical behaviors , power tripping idiots , and because I have been burned , bullshitted , and beat up , it ain’t hard for me to spot an arse hole and react accordingly….

otherwise , I am generous to a fault , will share my seed collection , and generally try and have some fun 🤩 n this sometimes rotten world that we live in

plus I am retired , so I have a lot of time to cause trouble!….🤡🤡🤡

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
You only say that because you were never a crossing guard at school and the effort it took to get a badge for it.
I helped countless kids cross the street and lost only one.
One fell down but not my fault.
Once you get the badge ,everything changes😊

what time will the snacks be here?……asking for a friend

jokerman

Premium user
God help me
My Honey is on a Perry Mason kick.
That directly impacts sandwich production.
Gonna have to shut the internet off again....

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
I like your post

why thanks Brother!……I like most of your posts!….take that!..

IMG_8252.jpeg

CharlesU Farley

You only say that because you were never a crossing guard at school and the effort it took to get a badge for it.
I helped countless kids cross the street and lost only one.
One fell down but not my fault.
Once you get the badge ,everything...
Now that shit was funny!

Ya got me thinking... I'm fucking sick of being an "Active Member", I want to be a _very_ "Active Member". Because I'm smart enough, handsome enough, and doggone it, people LIKE me.

Janborrego

Why 'likes' have been turned off on non cannabis related forums -

We will reduce the veteran badge requirements soon, and we wanted to prevent the off topic posting fast reaction score collecting - and somehow turn the reaction score towards the contributed cannabis related posts only - and not 4 words game likes for example.it is just turned off at off topics, and now only available in mostly cannabis related forums.

We wanted to make it without disabling the like function, but there i s no way to exclude it from specific threads/subforums.

If we can find a way to do it, it will be turned back soon, but for now it was the only solution to stop adding offtopic likes to reaction score
Ok

Janborrego

Still confused! People like many hare have been growing pot all their adult lives don't really talk about it that much...we have said it all over and over and over!!!!!!!

I NEED it to keep track of where I am..so will we have a LIKE here or not....YES OR NO?
It sounds like no like button on misfits or old farts but yes to grow journals and other cannabis related topics

Janborrego

See, I would make a sad face here…
‘we are cannabis related. We should all add a cannabis tip to our post page so when we make a post that’s not cannabis related, it still is.
I think you can add it to you post automatically like bubba does…

Some cannabis plants grown in soil love it when the pots dry out a little between watering/feeding… 🙃

hope y’all have a sweet day. Gonna go check the flowers. 🥰
Nice

CharlesU Farley

... that being said , I can discern censorship , I can spot insecurity , greed , egotistical behaviors , power tripping idiots , and because I have been burned , bullshitted , and beat up , it ain’t hard for me to spot an arse hole and react accordingly….

otherwise , I am generous to a fault , will share my seed collection , and generally try and have some fun 🤩 n this sometimes rotten world that we live in

plus I am retired , so I have a lot of time to cause trouble!….🤡🤡🤡
We are kindred spirits, identical strangers, whatever term you want to use... we have walked a similar path. Except I could never share my seed collection. :eek: I've put in way too much work to let some newbie grower douche my babies with Bloom Booster 4000 and 0.293 grams per deciliter of Cal Mag. o_O

Glad to make your acquaintance here.

Janborrego

hello Charles , not sure if we have run across each others path at some of the other places , but yeah , running a forum website aint easy

the best free speech site that I belong to is a Gold and Silver Forum….free speech , nobody gets censored , nobody gets banned

why?

the Members are adults and know how to deal with life so they are left alone..and they know the Rules , although there aren’t very many rules there

less government is what we need eh

i respect ICMAG and wish it the Best , good bad and ugly , the more cannabis forums the world has the better!

so yeah , I am like you in that I enjoy the Playground , I will follow the rules , I will pay my dues and hope I don’t get censored or banned cause I am old now and really don’t give a schitt about a lot of things at this stage of my life….

have some coffee ya bastaige!…

View attachment 18970906
I love you big like a brother you always make me smile

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I’m hoping dog will be back
I hope so, but I wouldn’t bet on it. I doubt if he will return but I sure would like to see him as we got along very well. That’s the problem with some sites. When you leave them, you leave friends that you’ve had for many many years.there’s a handful of folks on here that I go back probably 20 years with. I know it’s inevitable but I don’t want to lose touch with the people that I came up with or the new friends like yourself.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
I’m hoping dog will be back

odds are very slim on dog…he is hardcore mothertrucker , one always knows where they stand with the Dog…..

we go back a long way and I have always loved that dude and his ways , he is an excellent ganja farmer and has some very elite genetics , old school stuff..

we have each others email and I know where to find him , i will probably go ove to his new digs and give him a big shout out

Latest posts

Latest posts