What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

OleReynard

Illinois is one of several states I will no longer enter, or do biz with anyone set up there, period.
Total crap hole, most of it reclaimed strip mines. I spent grade school/high school years there. One of several states I refuse to acknowledge
Great fishing in them reclaimed strip minds.
Illinois wouldn't be a bad place if they got rid of the demorat machine

giggy

I finally made it out of bed, they gave me too much sedative which made me heave for 6 hours...I'll never go back to that hell hole...I've got what is called shatzies ring, a band of skin that in constricting my esophagus...hard to swallow if I stuff to much down my craw...another damn issue...I feel like junk...
Brother while I was in getting my knee worked on I got sick. They decided to run a light down my throat. Found it to be tight so they used the Ballon on me to open the soft tissue. Get better my brother.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I finally made it out of bed, they gave me too much sedative which made me heave for 6 hours...I'll never go back to that hell hole...I've got what is called shatzies ring, a band of skin that in constricting my esophagus...hard to swallow if I stuff to much down my craw...another damn issue...I feel like junk...
Sorry you are feeling tough boo. I have a hernia in my esophagus that causes problems for me and what I eat. Some foods like pasta rice and bread will get stuck even an occasional pill causing great pain until it either goes down or comes back up. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Brother while I was in getting my knee worked on I got sick. They decided to run a light down my throat. Found it to be tight so they used the Ballon on me to open the soft tissue. Get better my brother.
I had that balloon thing done too. It helped a little but I still have problems and now I belch a bit more than before. I guess that’s ok tho

oldfogey8

Another day in the grow......done! Everybody is happy except my back. Still no snow but It sure looks like it could start any moment.

Almost time for my hair appointment. Washer installed. Took those guys about 15 minutes to get the job done.

New baby cat still hiding.....working with her. Couple of days and she will be all over the house.
Get her some catnip. That might entice her out of hiding and loosen her up a bit.
IMG_2612.jpeg

jokerman

Premium user
They have those listed at Pyramid, as well as ones that fire shot, plus there is always the aforementioned crossbow if we are back to arrows.

I actually also have a 175lb pull Barnett Commando crossbow, but not a pretty Western Rattlesnake sling for it like the professional's use.

View attachment 18970232
I was lucky 2 years ago to win a raffle at the sportsmans show and I won a Camex crossbow and the next year I won a cheap cross bow kit.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was lucky 2 years ago to win a raffle at the sportsmans show and I won a Camex crossbow and the next year I won a cheap cross bow kit.
I got mine when they were on sale in Shotgun News, not because I had a use for one, but because I always wanted one after seeing one made using a car leaf spring in Popular Mechanics as a kid. Another fun toy to play with.

I almost parted my scalp with a target bolt that I shot into a paper target taped to a dying Majestic Plum tree from about 25 feet standing offhand.

The bolt hit the plum tree and bounced almost straight back. I heard and felt the wind as it went by my head, but it was a blur flying by.

Unca Walt

420club
I have a hay bale that has been sitting out in the yard. Right now it is pretty soaked with water and thus very dense. That is(maybe was) my intended target stand. The center of mass option would be my preference as I don’t anticipate being a crack shot out of the gate. I’m going to call around today to see if the Fish and Game folks want to take a gander(kind of a fowl pun) at the diseased bird.
Your hay bale target stand...

Please put your hay bale somewhere that has nothing at all behind it... 'cause that's where your crossbow arrow will go. At speed.

A hay bale is not as dense as an archery target (which is made of compressed hay). An archery target is tissue paper for a crossbow.

This ain't hyperbole: A crossbow will send an arrow right through KEVLAR. A hay bale? Jeez.

I shot a big boar oink with my crossbow. I got complete penetration through both shoulder plates with the arrow being stuck in the ground 30' beyond.

Rethink the hay bale. Or just use a newspaper.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
gawd oh mighty , the State of Confusion speech happens tonight and get this…

the what used to be White House , which is now colored schitt brown , has come out with an announcement that there will be two intermissions during tonight’s speech

it seems that poopy 💩 pants needs a diaper change and another couple whiffs and or shots of speed to make it through the speech

and then watch him take a week off for a “vacation”……more like recovery
I have something to say but I won't.

jokerman

Premium user
Your hay bale target stand...

Please put your hay bale somewhere that has nothing at all behind it... 'cause that's where your crossbow arrow will go. At speed.

A hay bale is not as dense as an archery target (which is made of compressed hay). An archery target is tissue paper for a crossbow.

This ain't hyperbole: A crossbow will send an arrow right through KEVLAR. A hay bale? Jeez.

I shot a big boar oink with my crossbow. I got complete penetration through both shoulder plates with the arrow being stuck in the ground 30' beyond.

Rethink the hay bale. Or just use a newspaper.
spot on
I have 2 cross bow target rated
you fuk up bolts if you punch thru anything else

CaptainLucky

I got mine when they were on sale in Shotgun News, not because I had a use for one, but because I always wanted one after seeing one made using a car leaf spring in Popular Mechanics as a kid. Another fun toy to play with.

I almost parted my scalp with a target bolt that I shot into a paper target taped to a dying Majestic Plum tree from about 25 feet standing offhand.

The bolt hit the plum tree and bounced almost straight back. I heard and felt the wind as it went by my head, but it was a blur flying by.
I remember years ago in ez riders magazine they had a a fully automatic BB gun that ran on a can of Freon. I wish I would’ve bought one now but they would prolly charge me with it. Smh CL🍀

Unca Walt

420club
So I spoke with the wildlife biologist at Mass Wildlife for my district. He said it is likely Avian Pox. He said to let the bird be and she would likely recover. He also said as long as the rest of the flock are healthy, which they are some pretty healthy birds being that they have had a reliable food source for years, they are not likely to become infected. He said to let my neighbor who has chickens know about it so he can keep an eye out for signs of infection. He did say I should be aware that the bear population have come out of hibernation(which I was aware of since they like to bend my Shepard hooks over) so I should consider bringing my feeders in for a while. Thanks for all the input.
That's the best possible solution. How gratifying!

Good on you, @oldfogey8.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I got the balloon truck yesterday myself. I’m still exhausted from all behaving I did, I think they gave me way too much anesthesia because I’ve never thrown up after a surgery or a procedure. if I’m lucky I can go out and feed the pigs today, I just don’t have any energy.

Latest posts

Latest posts