What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

jokerman

Premium user
1709849078902.png

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The crossbow I bought is more like a toy. Didn’t read the description well enough. It is a bit larger than a handgun. Sending it back. When I get a crossbow, I would put the target out in the woods behind my house. I am guessing the bolts would be nearly unfindable if/when I miss and if it goes straight thru, even if I hit the bale.
I also have a hand held crossbow around here somewhere that I got to shoot sewer rats with when they were working on the sewer and driving them out the street drains. I hit several of them, but without exception they dragged themselves back to the sewer.
Sure its not you ,Pute and GW in your younger days?🙄
Positive. We were both prettier than that.

Unca Walt

420club
The crossbow I bought is more like a toy. Didn’t read the description well enough. It is a bit larger than a handgun. Sending it back. When I get a crossbow, I would put the target out in the woods behind my house. I am guessing the bolts would be nearly unfindable if/when I miss and if it goes straight thru, even if I hit the bale.
You are gonna think this is as hard to swallow as a Vaseline sandwich, but I have never missed the fargin target with my crossbows. And neither will you with a real crossbow (they are not expensive at all -- cheap as .22 rifles).

You will bust arrows. If you shoot more than one before clearing the target. Becuz you will hit an arrow with an arrow.

Even newbies can hit well. Here is an FPL (Floriduh Plunder and Loot) guy that fixed sumpin' for me for freebies, so I asked if he'd like to shoot the HellHound.

The scope was set for me, so I kept the target only 40 yards away. It was the outline of the "boiler room" of a deer. (The guy was a deer hunter.)

This is his shot:
1709849868483.jpeg

You will never lose an arrow unless you do not have a crossbow target stop. Anything else...

Unca Walt

420club
Agreed. Looking at a Barnett Wildcat. It is pretty inexpensive. I don’t want to spend a lot on one.
That is a great one to get. It is an easypeasy pull to load, and is reasonably accurate.

All you need.

EDIT: My current go-to HellHound has a drawback from one POV -- It is a bitch to load. Requires a two-handed pulley system.

This makes target shooting a much shorter experience. (*pant, puf*)

The benefit, of course, is in the field. If you can hit a silver dollar at 60 yards every time... deer, hogs, and turkeys are screwed. So you are not shooting often, but...

Last edited:

CharlesU Farley

Boo, I don't have the time to wade through this massive thread but I saw you had shchatzki's ring... welcome to the club!!!!!

It's most assuredly better than HPV or nicotine induced throat cancer, take it from one who has treated those kinds of patients.

I go out of my way not to post links to my personal website, because I'm not whoring or pimping it, because I'm not _selling_ a fucking thing, but you may be interested in my reaction to your situation, 6 years ago:

Read the entry, "it's been a while but I'm back online" . And if you're on an Android phone or tablet, the website is going to look like shit because Google changed the way Android pages are rendered, and this is a pretty old website.

Long story short, be glad you've got what you've got and not throat CA, that's a totally fucking different trip.

Last edited:

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I am however needing to buy new nutrients. I’ve been using Advance Nutrients the last three grows. I used FoxFarms before that. I don’t like a bunch of stuff but would be willing to try something else. Maybe ready to try something else if it’s not too cumbersome and expensive. Anyone find one nutrient line better than others. If you use a million products in your grow never mind as I like the kiss method. I have had sucessful grows using both FF and Advance Nutrients but since I’m shopping, I’m all ears for something new and exciting…

Latest posts

Latest posts