What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
used many blades over the yrs Unc……and if one can call birds … easy $……I used to drop my son off in hot spots and can remember as he called this big ass strutting Tom came running at full speed to him ….whack….headless runner is a sight…..
thirsty Thursday to all…..
IMG_3271.jpeg

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters! My morning started out right with Miss Layla dutifully waking me up with nuzzles, roots, and whimpers, followed by Melissa crawling up in my lap for a morning love in.
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
dog3.gif
dcat.gif

I finally got a solid date to schedule all five furnaces to be serviced on the same day. With five different schedules it's a little like herding cats.

Breakfast out this morning at Cadilliac Cafe with Grayfox and NM.

Last edited:

jokerman

Premium user
If you were going to use a firearm, shot rounds are a good idea for birds, but if you are trying to be quiet about it, a target grade pellet rifle works well.

Mine put ten rounds through a target at 10 meters, using a machine rest, and there is one hole in the target slightly smaller than the .177 diameter pellets, because of the way a hole punched in paper, rather than cut, closes back up after the projectile passes.

Mine has twin opposing pistons to eliminate recoil and a trigger pull adjustable in grams. Before cataracts I used to practice in my back yard in the city and no one ever complained about the noise.
Funny ,when you buy a scope for a air gun you need a scope that is made for air guns.
That sudden stop fuks them up

BubbasPlace

Excellent price for a very good vaporizer with everything you need from a reputable maker.......I use one myself.
🚀
Then you can start building shit and buying bongs as well.
😆
I think I know what I am gonna do with my new free time.
I just pre ordered one of this version, why I have no idea!

Bubba

BubbasPlace

Au contraire. The wild Turkeys regularly visiting my daughters place in Louisiana are wily but dumb. They even shoot them in the back yard with a 12 ga and they still come back. If the pen is baited regularly, by the time Thanksgiving rolls around again, $100 says that they will have forgotten about it.

A gamble as the neighbors may or may not respond to a single gunshot. If you do decide to use a 22, I suggest a short or long, vis a vis a long rifle, as the long rifle is supersonic and produces a sonic crack.

Point of fact, I fired a long rifle in my side yard to dispense a squirrel that had a broken back from being hit by a car and had crawled into a rock pile, only to have a neighbor come out to see what was going on.
Subsonic .22 with suppressor. You will hear the bolt drop only...

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The rifle scope may not suffer from airgun recoil, but parallax will be off. Not that huge of a deal.
Exactamundo! They are a slower round, thus has more drop.

The muzzle velocity with mine is only 660 fps, compared to a 22 short at 896 fps or a 22 LR is around 1200, or subsonic LR around 940 fps.

Speed of sound is about 1100 fps.