What's new

Purple Zamal x A5 Haze

Shua1991

About 7 weeks left, idk if these will all make it.
20240901_152727.jpg
20240901_152713.jpg
20240901_152704.jpg
20240901_152655.jpg

Shua1991

20240919_165830.jpg

#16- sweet carrot pheno. now i know which plant is the most purple zamal out of the group of 18. I can now clone this plant and take it indoors for quarantine.

Several of these PZxA5 have shown to be magnets for the stem burrowing catterpillers. Some are highly resistant, the fruity pineapple plants and the more "berry" smelling plants are more susceptible.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Chopped, Day 128 11/13. Pretty sure she would keep foxtailing forever 😎
View attachment 19017640 View attachment 19017641

Amazing outcome @MrHamilton congrats on another ACE harvest :tiphat:
I love how you managed to get such a great yield from her while taming her structure and size indoors in such a manageable way. She also had a desirable blend of traits from both parent plants, with loads of heterosis. Strains with complex terpene profiles often have varying aromas during flowering and curing.

She looked perfect at harvest time! :yes: Damn, 128 days of flowering…
Have you already given her a try?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Had my last PZ x A5 run get a little out of hand due to being away too much. Didn’t want to even attempt to really trim everything as some got a little too close to the lights and foxtailed hard, so… ice hash it is!!!
Most of it will be pressed into rosin, but some will go into capsules.
Has a very fuely smell with hints of sour orange and a real slight strawberry smell (the mostly auto female had a really nice strawberry smell but she just wouldn’t revert to veg unfortunately. She was a heavier yielder out of the 5 as well).

I hit a little bit of it this afternoon to sample. Extremely spacey like the one I ran outdoors last year.

Hi @Cactus Squatter glad she delivered a high yield and potent spacey high despite didn't finish up to her potential. The hash and rosin look :yummy:
You ever stand in front of your dog’s crate, close the door on it, and then have your wife ask you if you’re actually going to put the dog into the crate first? Yeah. Dog was sitting on the couch staring at me like I’m some kind of idiot.

ahahahha I feel totally empathetic. That's the story of my life, me totally in another planet surrounded by sober women :ROFLMAO:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
View attachment 19069534
#16- sweet carrot pheno. now i know which plant is the most purple zamal out of the group of 18. I can now clone this plant and take it indoors for quarantine.

Several of these PZxA5 have shown to be magnets for the stem burrowing catterpillers. Some are highly resistant, the fruity pineapple plants and the more "berry" smelling plants are more susceptible.

Thanks a lot for the frequent updates on your Purple Zamal A5 Haze selection during this summer @Shua1991 I can feel your excitement and passion when working and breeding with our beloved cannabis plant 🥰. I'm noticing a blend of growth traits from both parent plants.

I know you like to focus a lot on aromas during growth. I've learned to pay attention to terpenes mostly during flowering, as the flower's aroma can often differ from the stem rub on the same plant, which can be confusing in my experience.

I'm also very excited thinking on the diversity of traits from different phenotypes now flowering has started.
By the way, did you induce flowering in July with light deprivation, or are they under the natural photoperiod? If so, what’s your latitude? Sorry if this was mentioned before!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Last summer I grew two PZam x A5 ladies (#130). My favorit was a lanky Purple Zamal leaning mother with orange smells and fairly long lasting energetic and psychedelic effects. I had pollinated her in very early flowering stage with some dust of a Golden Tiger 80% (F2 auto) male.
The pictures show an overview of three (out of 10) ladies of the resulting F1 offspring, that are selected toward those long zamalish/african pistils. One lady is also very similar to her Purple Zamal leaning mother regarding the lanky growth and flower/leaf structure. I will continue to work with this girl in F2 generation.

Really interesting sativa hybrid @paisajedehierba I really like the look of the lanky outlier :) very close to Purple Zamal. Did you already smoke the first outcross ? if so, what are the winners ?

Shua1991

I was under the assumption they started autoflowering back in July, or a few did appear to be preflowering due to rootbound stress, after I transfered the majority had reverted to veg, which is good to know, as only 1 plant has the actual "semi-autoflowering" trait under summertime conditions, I agree that stem rub can only tell you so much, but the plants that smell like carrots/spices seem to be the most resilient to pests, although less "vigor" overall. The local moths/caterpillars love the fruity pineapple/piney smelling plants. Probably reminds them of the pine/spruce trees they're growing next to, they fall off the pine tree and started feeding on some of my plants, but with 18 total, I'm in no way worried. This was an experimental grow to see if I could finish haze hybrids in new york, I think 1 plant may make it close to maturity (the auto).

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Agree @Shua1991 looks like they were root bound indoors, forcing some to show their semi-auto tendencies. However, after transplanting and placing them under the sun with long summer photoperiods, seems like they needed more time to continue growing rather than anything else. They expanded their roots and branches, returning to a strong growth stage, though some are still showing a copious number of preflowers.

At NY latitude, you can expect them to truly start flowering now in September, finishing in late November to December.

Maybe you can finish them indoors or in a greenhouse when the weather outside doesn’t allow for proper flower development.