What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Just got my new cat. Little female Grace....hiding....Kevin isn't the least bit jealous....

iu

jokerman

Premium user
Buzzy was my longest living cat at 16 but I thought was pretty good for an indoor/outdoor cat. Over the years I have lost several to feline leukemia(even one that received the ‘vaccine’ when it became available. A few to kidney failure(probably due to mid grade food and apparently not brushing their teeth). Buzzy was one of the best though. He learned to look both ways before crossing the street and as I posted a while ago, apparently learned how to escape a cage when I boarded him once(and only once). Smart fkr…☹️
Have a Brother of mine who had a male cat "Tucker "
Tucker at 9 months old and crossed the street one day.
The next day they took Tucker to get him neutered .
After that ,he never crossed the road again.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I have a 22 and a shotgun but I live in a suburban setting with 3 cops on my cul de sac(dead end is what I call it but the wife is a former real estate agent so I am informed it is a cul de sac😁). A gun shot would bring the local cops lickety split. My Crossman is a cheapo air gun. Certainly not target grade. I think the Fish and Game option is best. Besides, I got a crossbow out of the deal.😂
Well a crossbow should do it. They are quiet right?

OleReynard

I have a 22 and a shotgun but I live in a suburban setting with 3 cops on my cul de sac(dead end is what I call it but the wife is a former real estate agent so I am informed it is a cul de sac😁). A gun shot would bring the local cops lickety split. My Crossman is a cheapo air gun. Certainly not target grade. I think the Fish and Game option is best. Besides, I got a crossbow out of the deal.😂
There's a special bird arrow you can get.
It's got a wire loop on the front, rips there heads off.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
this is our feral cat Tiny Tina….ive been raising her for 15 years now and she has been outside 14 1/2 years

time to bring her indoors and she totally agrees…..Tina was the runt of 5 kittens born under my chicken house and is the only one surviving today , imagine that , the runt outlived them all…

anyway , she sure likes it indoors even if her and Annie Tokely don’t get along…Annie is 17 and has no patience for any other cat

Tina is a lap cat but not Annie and I enjoy Tina hopping up on my lap in the mornings for coffee

IMG_0198.jpeg

IMG_0203.jpeg

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
this is our feral cat Tiny Tina….ive been raising her for 15 years now and she has been outside 14 1/2 years

time to bring her indoors and she totally agrees…..Tina was the runt of 5 kittens born under my chicken house and is the only one surviving today , imagine that , the runt outlived them all…

anyway , she sure likes it indoors even if her and Annie Tokely don’t get along…Annie is 17 and has no patience for any other cat

Tina is a lap cat but not Annie and I enjoy Tina hopping up on my lap in the mornings for coffee

View attachment 18969962

View attachment 18969963
Tiny Tina love your soft side 💕

BubbasPlace

Buzzy was my longest living cat at 16 but I thought was pretty good for an indoor/outdoor cat. Over the years I have lost several to feline leukemia(even one that received the ‘vaccine’ when it became available. A few to kidney failure(probably due to mid grade food and apparently not brushing their teeth). Buzzy was one of the best though. He learned to look both ways before crossing the street and as I posted a while ago, apparently learned how to escape a cage when I boarded him once(and only once). Smart fkr…☹️
Oh, these were indoor from birth. They roam the basement and two other floors, and a large screened in deck. Indoors adds years, less risk of mishaps for sure.

BubbasPlace

I think she is part of a flock of 9 hens that recently joined the other flock that has been feasting at my ‘diner’ for the last couple of years. She is leery of me. I had to sneak around to get even the shitty pic that I got. I kept getting outsmarted by her hiding behind trees and brush. It is sad that I am being outsmarted by an animal with 10% of the grey matter I have.
Hunting wild turkeys is difficult. One of the most difficult game birds. Extremely smart and wary. Almost sniper like to hunt. So I'm told. I use to sell that kind of stuff, and that's what I was told.
Sold bow tags as well.....I can't imagine getting one with a shot gun, let alone a frigging bow and arrow. 🤔 Maybe one of these tame ones.....naw.
I strictly limit my hunting to the supermarket.

Bubba

oldfogey8

Hunting wild turkeys is difficult. One of the most difficult game birds. Extremely smart and wary. Almost sniper like to hunt. So I'm told. I use to sell that kind of stuff, and that's what I was told.
Sold bow tags as well.....I can't imagine getting one with a shot gun, let alone a frigging bow and arrow. 🤔 Maybe one of these tame ones.....naw.
I strictly limit my hunting to the supermarket.

Bubba
The whole flock is pretty tolerant of be. 2 of the toms and a few hens let me get with in an arms length but the diseased hen and the rest of her flock are more wary of me though I can get 10-15 ft from them. They know I am the sunflower seed guy.

BubbasPlace

Brushing my Louie and Cleo’s teeth is not an option. I’ll bet the family pet health plan gets right with your pocketbook too. I’ve had a male with the crystal problem. Finally had to put him down as it was costing me 400.00 a pop to fix him. Three times within a year was the charm I was a young apprentice and could not afford that.
Ive only had one with crystal problems. I had to buy prescription food and for him it worked. It isn't such a widespread problem as it used to be.
Most of the food makers have eliminated the ash and other things that made the situation worse. Some kitties have the problem worse than others as you experienced. Even if you kept continuing to treat him, his kidneys would likely shoot craps. Sorry that happened. Most of mine get old and the kidneys fail. These are all around 13 to 14 now, I don't know if I will get more or not. I will have to work that out. Mostly, I fear them outliving me.

Bubba

Latest posts

Latest posts