What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

jokerman

Premium user
1709688118782.png

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Years ago I was sitting on my buddies porch outside at night on his farm
The barn was across the street with a large street light illuminating the yard.
Several barn cats and kittens were in the light, playing like cats do.
He remarked that some of the cats seemed to be missing. .
As we sat there passing the joint we were smoking a huge owl swooped down out of the darkness and snagged one of the cats. Silent death from above. Swoosh.. gone.
That solved the mystery of the missing cats.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
We get giant owls and golden eagles here........the golden eagles carry off sheep and small deer regularly.
The bald eagles are pretty big as well.
Surprisingly we haven't lost any cats but they stay indoors 90% of the time.
Big dogs that alert and defend are really popular here due to the coyotes,foxes,badgers,lions and bears.
Shit does go bump in the dark here......... different than city bumps.
😆

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We get giant owls and golden eagles here........the golden eagles carry off sheep and small deer regularly.
The bald eagles are pretty big as well.
Surprisingly we haven't lost any cats but they stay indoors 90% of the time.
Big dogs that alert and defend are really popular here due to the coyotes,foxes,badgers,lions and bears.
Shit does go bump in the dark here......... different than city bumps.
😆
Our cats are all indoor with, a dog door and enclosed courtyard (catio). Outdoor cats here in the city have an average lifespan of about two years because of traffic, coyotes, and racoons.

We have hawks, falcons, and bald eagles, but I haven't heard of anyone knowingly losing a cat to one of them. The Red-Tailed, Cooper Hawks, and Peregrins do keep the other birds and squirrels in check in the park across the street.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good Weedsday morning venerable rasty old farts and kindlier and gentler fartesses! Let the good times roll!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

I got a response back from the Consumer Protection Agency regarding my complaint about fraud perpetrated by Area Heating & Cooling. I spelled out my complaint and supplied supporting data, to which AH&C replied that they didn't agree, and CPA sent me a reply that I needed to try and work it out with AH&C or seek civil action in court. What a joke they are!!! Moving on to Plan B.

We tried out a new seafood restaurant last night and the food was delicious, but alas the portions were miniscule and handsomely priced for the quantities. In addition, it was hard to find, and parking was virtually non- existent, soooo that may be the last time.

Grayfox was unable to schedule the tenants for a furnace service day, so I masterfully took over and gracefully explained why it was time to fish or cut bait. I will work out the details today, but it looks like we will be able to do them all on the same day the week of the 18th.

Unca Walt

420club
I have a Coopers Hawk that hunts my feeders. We saw it catch a Blue Jay a couple years ago. I see clouds of feathers float down after it makes a pass several times. I knew they were agile but Red Tails just look too big to maneuver in tight spaces. However, as I saw today, it flew thru the woods easily.

We have a group of Ravens in the area(surprised the shit out of me, didn’t think they came this far East). I am thinking there will be territorial disputes when their eggs hatch.
Got a Coopers Hawk that came in and *POOF!* nailed a dove on the ground at my feeder. Feathers everywhere.

Looked like the dove stepped on a mine.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got a Coopers Hawk that came in and *POOF!* nailed a dove on the ground at my feeder. Feathers everywhere.

Looked like the dove stepped on a mine.
Cooper Hawks fly over 50 mph and I found this interesting tidbit looking for a Cooper Hawks dive speed:
  • Dashing through vegetation to catch birds is a dangerous lifestyle. In a study of more than 300 Cooper’s Hawk skeletons, 23 percent showed old, healed-over fractures in the bones of the chest, especially of the furcula, or wishbone.
Cooper Hawks reach speeds around 120 mph in a dive and Peregrins Falcons have been measured diving at 242 mph.

jokerman

Premium user
A general question to the audience here.
Does anyone have (or know of) any experience with those, ' therapulse ' device's ( medical pulse device) for the treatment of restless, heavy legs.
Getting old is a bitch 😒
Yes I had bought something you put your feet on and gives a electric shock.
I really wanted it to work .
I used to crank it up till my feet were smoking .
My toes would do the macarena ,but that was it
I was fortunate enough to return the thing and get my $ back.
Your milage may vary

Latest posts

Latest posts