What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

OleReynard

I have a Red Tailed Hawk camping out looking to hunt my bird feeders. I saw a breeding pair building a nest about 500 yards away from my house and suspect they have found Shangrila in my backyard. I didn’t think they would be able to fly through a dense forest but I am wrong.
Red tailed hawk hits the air the squirrels come a running down the tree. Squirrels are more susceptible to getting caught in a tree.
Hawks are so agile and fast flying through a timber.

oldfogey8

Red tailed hawk hits the air the squirrels come a running down the tree. Squirrels are more susceptible to getting caught in a tree.
Hawks are so agile and fast flying through a timber.
I have a Coopers Hawk that hunts my feeders. We saw it catch a Blue Jay a couple years ago. I see clouds of feathers float down after it makes a pass several times. I knew they were agile but Red Tails just look too big to maneuver in tight spaces. However, as I saw today, it flew thru the woods easily.

We have a group of Ravens in the area(surprised the shit out of me, didn’t think they came this far East). I am thinking there will be territorial disputes when their eggs hatch.

OleReynard

I have a Coopers Hawk that hunts my feeders. We saw it catch a Blue Jay a couple years ago. I see clouds of feathers float down after it makes a pass several times. I knew they were agile but Red Tails just look too big to maneuver in tight spaces. However, as I saw today, it flew thru the woods easily.

We have a group of Ravens in the area(surprised the shit out of me, didn’t think they came this far East). I am thinking there will be territorial disputes when their eggs hatch.
Reds are quite acrobatic, interesting to watch

oldfogey8

I stopped passing years ago, and just roll extras. Mrs S&S is the worst! If I'm forced to share with her I can guarantee having to relight 5 times. It's puff puff pass, not puff puff talk for fifteen minutes and then get all sour when I ask for the j back.
That is about the funniest but true posts ever. Sent a screen capture to my wife. She laughed. She knows…

oldfogey8

Reds are quite acrobatic, interesting to watch
We see them hanging around some radio towers. They like to sit on the lamps at the very top. They have a huge view. Highest point in town and they have a tower to perch on. They soar a couple hundred feet up over the yard, a couple or more a lot. This is the first I have seen one in a tree. It was cool but I still have 2 cats that go out. They are not gonna be happy with limited outdoor time.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Back from the ENT. I enjoyed myself. The Doc was asking questions....the usual...do you smoke, drink, eat and how much water.....exc. When he ask me about smoking I said no but I do smoke marijuana. I told the truth as usual.

Bang....five minute discussion. He said to vape.....Not a pen but a vaporizer. And a good one. Long discussion about pipes, joints, edibles. So I ask him if he smoked......he smiled and said In college. So, you did it in college....do you smoke now. Smile....no answer and changed the subject.

He gave me a prescription and told me to follow up in 2 months....I will bring a sample next time.

Last edited:

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Maryjane got her haircut today coming back from the parlor all clean and done up. Well it lasted for about one hour after I got home her and Arlo had a wrestling session in our dirty muddy backyard where it has been raining for days and still more to come. When I called her, she was covered from head to tail in dirt and had a big smile on her face.
on a lighter note, I found this girl-crush stash today that I have not broke out in a while. It was hidden on the bottom shelf with the shitty weed 🤪. I have selfishly saved it to smoke when Mr Sub ain’t around as he doesn’t appreciate it like I do but I am putting a bag on the rolling tray to smoke and hiding the rest in the secret place where he knows I keep the shitty weed. 🤪
IMG_9666.jpeg

OleReynard

We see them hanging around some radio towers. They like to sit on the lamps at the very top. They have a huge view. Highest point in town and they have a tower to perch on. They soar a couple hundred feet up over the yard, a couple or more a lot. This is the first I have seen one in a tree. It was cool but I still have 2 cats that go out. They are not gonna be happy with limited outdoor time.
You're cats are pretty safe around them redtails their main food is mice up to the size of a tree rat.
If you're ever driving thru Ia/I'll pay attention to the fence post along side the interstates, they're very Very abundant I'd say 1 for every 50-75 yards.

I was out mowing the front a few years ago it was spring little rabbits about.
I'm cutting grass and the next thing I know there's a retail spiraling straight down to no more than 10' from me
This Hawk comes out of the brush with a bunny and lands on a downed log no more than 10' and sits there looking at me disemboweling that bunny.
Just like hey leave me the hell alone I'm eating, do you mind.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Back from the ENT. I enjoyed myself. The Doc was asking questions....the usual...do you smoke, drink, eat and how much water.....exc. When he ask me about smoking I said no but I do smoke marijuana. I told the truth as usual.

Bang....five minute discussion. He sad to vape.....Not a pen but a vaporizer. And a good one. Long discussion about pipes, joints, edibles. So I ask him if he smoked......he smiled and said In college. So, you did it in college....do you smoke now. Smile....no answer and changed the subject.

He gave me a prescription and told me to follow up in 2 months....I will bring a sample next time.
Told ya.......you got any questions?

oldfogey8

You're cats are pretty safe around them redtails their main food is mice up to the size of a tree rat.
If you're ever driving thru Ia/I'll pay attention to the fence post along side the interstates, they're very Very abundant I'd say 1 for every 50-75 yards.

I was out mowing the front a few years ago it was spring little rabbits about.
I'm cutting grass and the next thing I know there's a retail spiraling straight down to no more than 10' from me
This Hawk comes out of the brush with a bunny and lands on a downed log no more than 10' and sits there looking at me disemboweling that bunny.
Just like hey leave me the hell alone I'm eating, do you mind.
A friend of mine watched his cat get picked up by a hawk then dropped from about 20 ft. Fkd the cat up big time. One of my cats is pretty small, 7 or 8 lbs. We have coyotes, bob cats and fisher cats here that are more of a threat. I noticed the coyotes are more frequent visitors since my dog passed away last summer. Grrrr…

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Many years ago I had a doctor that truly enjoyed the flowers that I grow. Every week he wanted at least a quarter pound. It was a great relationship until his wife screwed it up so I walked away… She was a Jewish American princess, who thought that rules and etiquette did not apply to her…
We have some very big birds out here and years ago. One of my neighbors had a Minpin dog that got picked up by the bird and he was dropped from 50 feet… that didn’t end well for the dog