What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
are they using any electric heat ?
One 2000 watt radiant in the master bedroom for the cat, when the furnace is turned down. Says/believes that he did the same thing as the last couple of years that he's been there.

The crux is that he got a alert letter from the electrical company and his bill reflects 37% higher usage. I furnish the fridge, dishwasher, and furnace, all of which are motor loads as the furnace heating is gas. It's my responsibility to make sure none of those are the issue.

As long as I'm there with my clamp on meter, it isn't much extra time and effort to check out the load on the remaining circuits at the load center to see if anything else pops up and my mission is to solve the problem.

It is a duplex built in 1924 and rewired in the 80's, so I also need to eliminate the possibility that there is a wiring booboo on any of the circuits that feeds power to the other unit.

If none of those items are an issue, then the next big variable is his memory as a 70-year-old bachelor who uses cannabis heavily. He is honorable and I am 100% convinced that he believes his usage has been the same, but one simple variable is how often he was away and had his furnace set on 62F versus 70F, because the blower is a motor load.

Another could be how much he used the range and oven.

It could also mean that the electric company misread the meter or has been using an average and just corrected it......................

Not much effort to check for the tenant appreciation gained and it could be my problem.............

Last edited:

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Good morning brothers and sisters! View attachment 18955592 View attachment 18955593

A day of drizzle starting at 43F and predicted to soar to 48F during the scorching part of the day.

Off to the gym early this morning so as to be able to get a parking space

Today I do an electrical usage survey for one of my tenants who is using more electricity than normal, followed by lunch out at their expense. I'll measure the load on all the legs and then check out the appliances on that leg to see what it should be drawing.

As there have ostensibly been no changes, the only thing that I can think of is that a motor load has increased due to bearing wear and rotor drag. Except for low draw electronics, the rest are all resistance loads.
You might get the electric company come out and check your meter. We had an increase in our electric bill for several months in a row in South Georgia. After looking at everything we could think of, called the electric company. They came out and said that our meter was faulty and replaced it. It fixed the problem and we also got a discount for the last 3 months compared to our last years bill. Just sayin’ one more thing to try.
‘Hope your day and your lunch out is good. ✌️🥰

buzzmobile

Veteran
One 2000 watt radiant in the master bedroom for the cat, when the furnace is turned down. Says/believes that he did the same thing as the last couple of years that he's been there.

The crux is that he got a alert letter from the electrical company and his bill reflects 37% higher usage. I furnish the fridge, dishwasher, and furnace, all of which are motor loads as the furnace heating is gas. It's my responsibility to make sure none of those are the issue.

As long as I'm there with my clamp on meter, it isn't much extra time and effort to check out the load on the remaining circuits at the load center to see if anything else pops up and my mission is to solve the problem.

It is a duplex built in 1924 and rewired in the 80's, so I also need to eliminate the possibility that there is a wiring booboo on any of the circuits that feeds power to the other unit.

If none of those items are an issue, then the next big variable is his memory as a 70-year-old bachelor who uses cannabis heavily. He is honorable and I am 100% convinced that he believes his usage has been the same, but one simple variable is how often he was away and had his furnace set on 62F versus 70F, because the blower is a motor load.

It could also mean that the electric company misread the meter or has been using an average and just corrected it......................

Not much effort to check for the tenant appreciation gained and it could be my problem.............
You're a good landlord.

OleReynard

The State Troopers keep a roadkill salvage list, and I believe anyone can sign up to be on it.

When a roadkill occurs, they call whoever is at the top of the list and continue phoning on down the list until someone will respond. That can be at 3:00 A.M. and at -50 f in some cases.

Some folks have trailers and trucks now set up to winch the whole animal onto a surface/vehicle so they can process it out of the way/threat of highway traffic and sometimes in a warm area.

Moose are ruminants, and if they sit too long, even in the cold, they bloat, and the stomach gases get outrageously awful in stench if they wait too long, not to mention the possibility of bone soured meat.

A sufficient number of good quality cotton canvas game bags of the sort we use runs about $50 (8 or 9 bags) the last time I bought any, but we recycle them and stitch them up when necessary.

We get between 450 and 650 lbs. of clean meat from a decent sized bull.
They do the same in Mn for deer

buzzmobile

Veteran
It was a gloomy rainy Sunday with some extremely heavy thunderstorms in the afternoon. I peeked out the window and saw golden light on the holly hedge. A sunset was going down out there.
20240204_180539.jpg

20240204_181351.jpg

20240204_181400.jpg
20240204_181513.jpg

20240204_181557.jpg

The tree above is a 44" dbh pecan tree. In July 2010 I was watching a World Cup Soccer match when a typical summertjme thunderstorm blew up. Lightning was cracking all around and one bolt was the kind that the FLASH and KABOOM! were instantaneous. It shook the house and I ran around the house checking for smoke and/or dead electronics and appliances. Everything was good.

A week later I was mowing the field of centipede grass and there was a lot of clattering from the mower deck. It sounded like I was mowing over a lot of sticks where there was only grass. I looked to my left at the pecan tree and saw this.
DSC05462.JPG

DSC05465.JPG

DSC05463 (2).JPG

DSC05467.JPG
DSC05464.JPG

The wound at its widest was a little over 12" wide. The bolt struck a large branch high up in the canopy and it wound its way down to ground. The bark was blasted out into the grass field at least 40 yards away from the tree and the pieces flew over and beyond some scuppernong grape vines. The bolt acted like a wood burner and there was a jagged scorch mark tattooed onto the wound.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Oh - whatever happened to PoM ? - he hooked up with and worked with someone who had a site called Silk Road - that sold every drug imaginable - wasn't long before the feds got wise to it - and took it down - and he's currently doing 20 in some fed-pen - if he's a good boy - he could see the outside in 9 years or so - with full parole - here's a link to an article about Roger Thomas Clark aka Plural of Mongoose aka Variety Jones -

Glad that you liked the Zamal - it is kinda special - oh - and was still wondering if you knew the Overgrow members name that pioneered deep water culture - before we ever saw a Krusty Bucket - lol - I just can't remember it mysel
Knowing PoM as well as I did waay back in the early 2000's - I'd say that those claims he makes about being some pedo-y trying to get sympathy so a reduced sentance -
I took him fishing around 07 or so as a feeler.......he didn't pass the vibe test so never did any business with him.
Claimed he was interested in weed but only talked blow and crack.........stuck me as a fuckin blowhard.
He dropped your name quite a few times.
Made it sound like you were friends.
He did tell me his real name at least.
😆

Mr_Hash

It's 6.29am here now - been up for more than 2 hours already Mr Hash - gym day today - still 0.5 on the pain scale - no food till this afternoon shall pass my lips - its an intermittent fasting day today too -
A few things to say here...

Very much enjoyed the interview with Heavy that you did. I appreciate a good story teller, and your story (or at least the part you were able to tell) was very interesting. Thank you for that, and for all you have done for this community at large.... And for the little things that people don't know...

Now on to the important bit. . . I'm "the Kid" in here obviously, and for some reason my antics are tolerated lol...😬😆 So...my cannabis career didn't start until I was in my mid 30's... So I'm still catching up on the culture side of things. . . At risk of being booted from here or just laughed off the board... I had no idea you are *the* Gypsy Nirvana.... I obviously put it together last night... But wow. I mean in this industry (especially online) anyone can say they are anyone...Very cool to know that you're in here chatting and hanging out... Very humbling to bump into and chat with the guy who made this place a reality.

How fucking cool is that?🤯🤯🤯

I'm putting myself in time out at the kids table for giving you a hard time over autophagy.😬😅

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
A few things to say here...

Very much enjoyed the interview with Heavy that you did. I appreciate a good story teller, and your story (or at least the part you were able to tell) was very interesting. Thank you for that, and for all you have done for this community at large.... And for the little things that people don't know...

Now on to the important bit. . . I'm "the Kid" in here obviously, and for some reason my antics are tolerated lol...😬😆

My cannabis career didn't start until I was in my mid 30's... So I'm still catching up on the culture side of things. . . At risk of being booted from here or just laughed off the board... I had no idea you are *the* Gypsy Nirvana.... I obviously put it together last night... But wow. I mean in this industry (especially online) anyone can say they are anyone...Very cool to know that you're in here chatting and hanging out... Very humbling to bump into and chat with the guy who made this place a reality.

How fucking cool is that?🤯🤯🤯

I'm putting myself in time out at the kids table for giving you a hard time over autophagy.😬😅
You are adorable!
😁

jokerman

Premium user

A constant 2000 watt draw is a lot .
Like a dripping faucet.
I know its different to what I have outside for snow ,but if you forget its on you pay, a price.
The only one who really knows is the cat,and the cat isn't admitting anything.

Old Uncle Ben

Oh - whatever happened to PoM ? - he hooked up with and worked with someone who had a site called Silk Road - that sold every drug imaginable - wasn't long before the feds got wise to it - and took it down - and he's currently doing 20 in some fed-pen - if he's a good boy - he could see the outside in 9 years or so - with full parole - here's a link to an article about Roger Thomas Clark aka Plural of Mongoose aka Variety Jones -

Stupid is a stupid does. I had heard about the Silk Road, never realized the extent of it. Speaking of great extents....

I have the original news film clip from the RCMP bust on Ron, Heaven's Stairway. His op was HUGE, filling 30 orders a day, operating for 9 years. Showed a still of the old Cannabis World which we were active members of, many here in this forum too no doubt. RMCP (Royal Mounted Canadian Police) confiscated gold bars, 1,000's of seeds, computers, money orders, etc. The filmed hysterical warnings from those Canadian cops was the same kind of crap you'd hear in the States during the marijuana propaganda in the 20's and on. Man have times changed.

Love my freedom!

I converted the original news clip (asf file) into a MP4 file. Would love to share this treasure, piece of cannabis history @Gypsy Nirvana but apparently MP4 files aren't supported?

Glad that you liked the Zamal - it is kinda special - oh - and was still wondering if you knew the Overgrow members name that pioneered deep water culture - before we ever saw a Krusty Bucket - lol - I just can't remember it myself -

Don't remember who pioneered DMC.

Latest posts

Latest posts