What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Irene is wanting to say goodnight - past 10.30pm here already - been toking on this thc vape pen - and it does the job - making me float towards sleepy Mc slumberland -

one has to be on their A-Game to hang with Irene <——-TINS

IMG_8129.jpeg

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Dall sheep is my favorite, but they typically involve climbing mountains, steep grades, some long shots, sometimes hard-to-get permits, and after all the effort is done, perhaps 65 or 70 lbs. of clean meat.

But the meat??!! Holy shit is it ever tasty!!

So, I've tended to eat OTHER peoples' Dall sheep, when they have been generous enough to offer it.

Venison is also a favorite, with Sitka Blacktail being at the top of the list, but they're also pretty small in comparison to a nice whitetail.
Do the deer eat sage....that is what makes them so gamey here.

moose eater

We have a wild thyme that grows many places up here but mostly in the more arid places, like Interior Alaska and the Yukon Territory.

Sitka Blacktail are primarily a coastal deer, and they spread as far as Kodiak and surrounding Gulf of Alaska Islands, including Prince William Sound, and all over SE Panhandle Alaska, in other words, far away from just the area of Sitka.

They often eat seaweed and kelp along the shores at lower tide, which makes them susceptible to a variety of questionable hunting practices up here from years ago (and probably still). Spot-lighting shores and hunting in the darkness and/or shooting from a boat in powered motion.

1707096504218.png

Last edited:

moose eater

@SubGirl The type of sweetener matters a lot.
---------------------------------
It's now a mere -10 f.

I'm 20 degrees away from green lighting my vehicle maintenance in the driveway.

And they're calling for highs of +2 f Monday, +9 f. Tuesday, +14 f. Wednesday, +10 f. Thursday, and +11 f. Friday and Saturday.

Looks like the Cosmos may be smiling on me this week.

moose eater

I neglected to comment further.

The Sitka Blacktail, in my biased subjective opinion, aren't gamey at all. Very nice taste. A cross in flavor between a nice corn-fed whitetail in the northern Midwest, like NW Pennsylvania, Michigan or Wisconsin, and the Dall sheep meat I referenced.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts