What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
After spending my first 43 years in Florida and then moving to the Rockies I can say I really love winters.
If I could never sweat from being hot again........I will take blizzard and snow any day.
A whole new set of challenges for sure and it can have some white knuckle moments driving.
😆

moose eater

They do the same in Mn for deer
I believe that if the Troopers seize illegally taken game, they can do the same, but not sure if the whole 'holding for evidence' interferes with that or not.

I believe that in DLP shootings of game (Defense of Life and Property) they have the shooter (or a volunteer) process the game for gifting to charity, as well, but in the DLP situation, if the Trooper has already cleared the account as a legit DLP, then there's no reason to hold the meat for evidence.

moose eater

After spending my first 43 years in Florida and then moving to the Rockies I can say I really love winters.
If I could never sweat from being hot again........I will take blizzard and snow any day.
A whole new set of challenges for sure and it can have some white knuckle moments driving.
😆
As a kid in the Midwest, the first snow of the year was magical.

Now it simply means getting rocks from the driveway, so they don't bust shear pins on the snowblower, coiling the garden hoses from the gardens and tucking them into the barn loft, fretting another cold period of 5+ months, and making sure the snowblower's functional for the coming deluge..

Last edited:

CaptainLucky

😆
After spending the first 30 years of my life in Chicago and Georgia, I was so happy to finally move to Florida. I got frostbite from the blizzard of 79 on my fingers n toes and now when I’m cold 🥶 they hurt bad. If I had my way I would be in Florida right now and never be cold again. CL🍀

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
A few things to say here...

Very much enjoyed the interview with Heavy that you did. I appreciate a good story teller, and your story (or at least the part you were able to tell) was very interesting. Thank you for that, and for all you have done for this community at large.... And for the little things that people don't know...

Now on to the important bit. . . I'm "the Kid" in here obviously, and for some reason my antics are tolerated lol...😬😆 So...my cannabis career didn't start until I was in my mid 30's... So I'm still catching up on the culture side of things. . . At risk of being booted from here or just laughed off the board... I had no idea you are *the* Gypsy Nirvana.... I obviously put it together last night... But wow. I mean in this industry (especially online) anyone can say they are anyone...Very cool to know that you're in here chatting and hanging out... Very humbling to bump into and chat with the guy who made this place a reality.

How fucking cool is that?🤯🤯🤯

I'm putting myself in time out at the kids table for giving you a hard time over autophagy.😬😅
I'm just some old stoner/grower - that found a way to make a difference - by spreading the seeds of possibilities - worldwide 🌐 - and set up this forum to help growers grow them seeds - to have outstanding 'erb for medical and/or recreational purposes - and over the years - I realize that my 'cunning plan' - has worked well - which is a nice feeling - a sense of accomplishment - and my lifes work - its not made me wealthy - but then that wasn't the aim initially - just to make enough to get by -

I'm more interested in family matters these days - raising these two kids - and keeping a good relationship with my wife - having a relatively simple life - while still keeping ICMAG up on the Internet for growers to find and use -

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I took him fishing around 07 or so as a feeler.......he didn't pass the vibe test so never did any business with him.
Claimed he was interested in weed but only talked blow and crack.........stuck me as a fuckin blowhard.
He dropped your name quite a few times.
Made it sound like you were friends.
He did tell me his real name at least.
😆
In 2003/4 I found out that PoM had snitched out a big seed grow I had going in Mydrecht Holland - 🇳🇱 - he was trying to take over my business with my ex - and wanted me out of the way somehow - so he went online to try and assassinate my character - making up and exaggerating all sorts of situations - he became my nemesis - but I had good people stand by me - people that worked for me and with me had also seen thru POM's BS - and we consolidated against him - even when threatened with cops/violence etc - these good people stood by me - and helped me get thru those very difficult times -
Was my fault really for employing PoM - and not being shrewed enough to realize from the get go - that he was trouble - 😐

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
In 2003/4 I found out that PoM had snitched out a big seed grow I had going in Mydrecht Holland - 🇳🇱 - he was trying to take over my business with my ex - and wanted me out of the way somehow - so he went online to try and assassinate my character - making up and exaggerating all sorts of situations - he became my nemesis - but I had good people stand by me - people that worked for me and with me had also seen thru POM's BS - and we consolidated against him - even when threatened with cops/violence etc - these good people stood by me - and helped me get thru those very difficult times -
Was my fault really for employing PoM - and not being shrewed enough to realize from the get go - that he was trouble - 😐
I remember and learned a few things along the way.
Worlds kind of small sometimes.

Unca Walt

420club
I hide inside these days in weather that years ago would've had me outside and getting something done, Unca..

But I can recall events 40+ years ago when we were well under -50 f., and we'd get a Chinook wind over the mountains (the Alaska Range to our south), and we'd dart up to mid+30s f. within 24 hours. The acclimation of the weather had us outside doing short term chores or grilling country style ribs on the Hibachi in shorts and t-shirt after that 80+ degree temperature increase. +34 would feel like +55 f. or +60 f. after an increase of that sort.
Gawd luv ya, @moose eater but you are just describing Dante's different levels of Hell.

Lemme point out sumpin' -- You live in what is scientifically called a "hostile climate". <-- A quick proof:

If I laid down nekkid on my lawn (it's private), I could read a book, take a nap... And get up two hours later feeling refreshed in the 74F temperature.

If I laid down nekkid on where your lawn is buried, I could not read a book, take a nap. Becuz I'd be dead:

"At -30°F/-34.4°C, hypothermia can occur in about 10 minutes. Death can occur in under an hour..."

Since I have a Black Belt in Cold-Afraider-Of, l feel an honest "Wow" that you can actually look forward to mere killing-in-minutes temperatures because the KIM temps are so much less colder than where you are** right now.

**It's so fargin cold, when moosie goes to the heated barn to milk the cow, it gives him ice cream.

**Cold hard cash means something else up there; if you drop a quarter on the sidewalk, it shatters.

**Wait. I got more...

**Inna Messican Fast Food restaurants up there, they sell brrrrr-itos.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You might get the electric company come out and check your meter. We had an increase in our electric bill for several months in a row in South Georgia. After looking at everything we could think of, called the electric company. They came out and said that our meter was faulty and replaced it. It fixed the problem and we also got a discount for the last 3 months compared to our last years bill. Just sayin’ one more thing to try.
‘Hope your day and your lunch out is good. ✌️🥰
Good idea! Thanks, I'll check it out!
You're a good landlord.
We save a lot avoiding turnover costs by carefully selecting tenants, keeping the rent reasonable, and taking care of them, so that they stay and continue to pay the rent on time.

Our longest-term renter has been there over 40 years and the previous tenants at this location was there 18 years when they lost their jobs during Covid and moved back in with their parents.

Unca Walt

420club
I'm just some old stoner/grower - that found a way to make a difference - by spreading the seeds of possibilities - worldwide 🌐 - and set up this forum to help growers grow them seeds - to have outstanding 'erb for medical and/or recreational purposes - and over the years - I realize that my 'cunning plan' - has worked well - which is a nice feeling - a sense of accomplishment - and my lifes work - its not made me wealthy - but then that wasn't the aim initially - just to make enough to get by -

I'm more interested in family matters these days - raising these two kids - and keeping a good relationship with my wife - having a relatively simple life - while still keeping ICMAG up on the Internet for growers to find and use -
Again, this ole sojer is amazed to learn of a world I never knew existed.

I see strange handles greeting each other from all over the world.

There used to be something similar with military and their chat forums. But I've outlived that military world as I knew it. I'm not even history, I'm archives. :unsure:

And now I discover the one person on this planet that created a place where a group of disparate old friends could remain in touch has worldwide connections.

I am the oldest newbie.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Gawd luv ya, @moose eater but you are just describing Dante's different levels of Hell.

Lemme point out sumpin' -- You live in what is scientifically called a "hostile climate". <-- A quick proof:

If I laid down nekkid on my lawn (it's private), I could read a book, take a nap... And get up two hours later feeling refreshed in the 74F temperature.

If I laid down nekkid on where your lawn is buried, I could not read a book, take a nap. Becuz I'd be dead:

"At -30°F/-34.4°C, hypothermia can occur in about 10 minutes. Death can occur in under an hour..."

Since I have a Black Belt in Cold-Afraider-Of, l feel an honest "Wow" that you can actually look forward to mere killing-in-minutes temperatures because the KIM temps are so much less colder than where you are** right now.

**It's so fargin cold, when moosie goes to the heated barn to milk the cow, it gives him ice cream.

**Cold hard cash means something else up there; if you drop a quarter on the sidewalk, it shatters.

**Wait. I got more...

**Inna Messican Fast Food restaurants up there, they sell brrrrr-itos.
Ahh - he's a hardy old soul 😍 - and eats moose 🫎 - so he's gotta be around them -

OleReynard

No offense intended, CL. I've simply not eaten Illinois whitetail. Same for Ohio.
Nothing even compares to the deer in NW Illinois may as well be eating a cow.
I used to make sure I always had 3 deer in the freezer. After the Shoot to Retrieve got to be more like work, I settled into a couple different Spaniel breeds.
I had 3 Boykins, these originated in the Carolinas as slip proof retrievers in the dove and duck fields.
These all had some thing here or there wrong with them comes from being a inbred line. This breed started out as brother and sister way back when.
My last 2 spaniels were Springers, Andy passed away about 2 years ago now.
Andy was black and white, Tag is my last one he's tricolored. The straight up brown dog was Amos

Attachments

• 1704.jpeg
    1704.jpeg
    310.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 6491.jpeg
    6491.jpeg
    425.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 20230717_182007.jpg
    20230717_182007.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30