What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

moose eater

Humm…. Stil sounds a bit gamey for me. Maybe a calf or whatever you call a baby moose would be worth a try. I grew up on venison but only liked doe meat. Momma did a good job tho killing the game taste with salt dials and the right seasoning when cooking it.
We've had an older cow that damned near ate like good beef. Tender and tasty, with minimal gaminess. And we've had them in varying degrees of health that were a bit more gamey.

But they're really not bad at all. I love the stuff.

We prided ourselves in losing no meat, due to the way we handled our moose, even in warmer fall weather. I knew others who were not as thoughtful.

The first time I ate caribou, however, a fairly porous meat that can easily or readily absorb the flavors in the place it's hung (we rarely hang/age any wild game, by the way), someone had hung them in a walk-in veggie storage area (like a concrete root-cellar of sorts), and every steak or roast to be cut from those 3 'bou tasted like a musty, old, walk-in veggie cellar. Nearly caused me to avoid caribou for a LONG time afterward.

Last edited:

jokerman

Premium user
I used to take women down that road.....

img_5056-jpeg.18955454

moose eater

When I had my Toyota Hi-Lux - about 14 years ago - we put bull bars on it - but never hit a Carabao(water buffalo) - don't you have moose bars out your way?

- <visions of a moose drinking moosehead beer in a 🍸Bar >
No moose bars. 4 BRIGHT overhead lights on the truck, however. But going around corners at night on the highways at 60 to 70 mph, the lights sweep through the curve as the truck angles its way around, and sometimes as they come off the curve enough to see what's directly ahead of you, it can be a surprise.

Old Uncle Ben

Hey Ben - always good to see you out and about on the site - reminds me of the old Overgrow days where you were so prominent - now can you remember what Overgrow member was pioneering the deep water culture way of growing before that Krusty fella came along and made out like he had invented it - in the first place using what he called The Krusty Buckets?

Hello my old friend. We had a few conversations back in the day, eh! Am forever grateful for the Zamal beans. I still have the email from Christophe to me regarding your/his Zamal.

Krusty, you mean this guy? :ROFLMAO:

KrustyPoser.jpg

Clearly Photoshopped, notice the hand in front of the cola. I told you I archived all the old greasy stuff. :LOL: That photo is in my 2002 folder. Name of the file is "KrustyPoser".

Then there was the GN vs PoM debacle, aka "bring popcorn" posts. We thought that drama would never end! Whatever became of that guy?

Stay well,
Uncle Ben

jokerman

Premium user
Hello my old friend. We had a few conversations back in the day, eh! Am forever grateful for the Zamal beans. I still have the email from Christophe to me regarding your/his Zamal.

Krusty, you mean this guy? :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 18955483

I told you I archived all the old greasy stuff. :LOL: That photo is in my 2002 folder. Then there was the GN vs PoM debacle, aka "bring popcorn" posts. We thought that drama would never end! Whatever became of that guy?

Stay well,
Uncle Ben
that guy looks like my cousin Sal too

Sun&Soil

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
did a monster gummy last night, don't remember going to bed but zero joints were smoked...both were unlit this morning...spent most of the day hung over but an pretty clear headed at the moment...that will change shortly as I've got more gummies...500mg. seems to do the job...

Sun&Soil

did a monster gummy last night, don't remember going to bed but zero joints were smoked...both were unlit this morning...spent most of the day hung over but an pretty clear headed at the moment...that will change shortly as I've got more gummies...500mg. seems to do the job...
500? You shouldn't be awake for a week or more. I thought a hundred was alot. Wowza!

BubbasPlace

Starting out on the Osa Penisula for a few days, then Puntarenas for a few then ending up in Monteverde. It is a bucket list trip for my wife. Ain’t getting any younger and we figure go big or go home. I have read that cannabis is still illegal there but having a couple grams is usually just a confiscation and warning offense. I am not bringing any with me. Do you know if it is relatively easy to come by? I don’t smoke much anymore but would like to sample their local produce.
When I was there they didn't give a care about weed. Pretty laid back.

moose eater

Love elk.....deer is gamey. Never ate moose. If prepared properly anything is worth a try.,,well most everything.
Dall sheep is my favorite, but they typically involve climbing mountains, steep grades, some long shots, sometimes hard-to-get permits, and after all the effort is done, perhaps 65 or 70 lbs. of clean meat.

But the meat??!! Holy shit is it ever tasty!!

So, I've tended to eat OTHER peoples' Dall sheep, when they have been generous enough to offer it.

Venison is also a favorite, with Sitka Blacktail being at the top of the list, but they're also pretty small in comparison to a nice whitetail.