What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

moose eater

My wife jerked on a leash to free it from a spot it was hung up on, and in a vicious moment of 'Murphy Gone Wild,' the clip end flew up into the flush-mount glass light cover in the entryway ceiling and blew out the glass on one side.

She reported this in limited tears, another moment of demoralization by life's unforeseen speedbumps.

I figure in these moments that the greater priority includes any micro-shards of glass on the carpet runner in the entryway, both for our and the dogs' protection. I hate glass slivers in my foot. Makes me grumpy. And stains the flooring.

So now the purchase list for the town trip includes one entryway ceiling light fixture that holds 2 bulbs (UL approved only need apply), two 2.5' x 8' or 2.5' x 6' carpet runners for the entryway and kitchen transition strip, and a 12-volt, 1.5-amp battery tender or 4 for the vehicles.

Last edited:

moose eater

I don't snip when I trim, I snap. Because they aren't sharp I can tuck them down deep and push break the fan leaf stem off at the base without too much damage. Sometimes early in the trim when I come across stubborn stems I clamp down on them an twist em off. I also use a pointed 90 degree pick like this picture of one I'm borrowing from the web

View attachment 18954984

This is for sugar leaves and finer jobs.

Once I get my choice buds trimmed then I go with scissors for the rest since that is what gets pressed.
I got my wife a set of tools like those to help dig any debris from the locking lug nuts on her Honda, so the key will fit into its depression after cleaning the grit and silt from the lug nut..

If I have yellowing sugar leaves in the buds, I sometimes gently bend the (green) bud enough to give my fingertips access to the base of the leaf's petiole in the flower and gently pull to dislodge it.

Makes for untenably sticky fingers in the end, but a marvelous smell. :)

Last edited:

Sun&Soil

@ S&S.....ain't gonna walk today.....can't see more that 50 yards.

View attachment 18954891

20240203_134938.jpg

20240203_150353.jpg

20240203_150651.jpg

20240203_151024.jpg

I'm sure your weather will start blowing in these parts by midweek. I took full advantage of today's loveliness and finished all the clean up of the sumacs. Enjoyed joint #2 on the deck as the sun was setting.

Managed to get a half hour with the plant before lights out.

20240203_175939.jpg

I think this plant is entering week 5 of 12/12 but hell if I know. I'm still not used to being home during the week and my sense of time is still all messed up.

Sun&Soil

I got my wife a set of tools like those to help dig any debris form the locking lug nuts on her Honda, so the key will fit into its depression after cleaning the grit and silt from the lug nut..

If I have yellowing sugar leaves in the buds, I sometimes gently bend the (green) bud enough to give my fingertips access to the base of the leaf's petiole in the flower and gently pull to dislodge it.

Makes for untenably sticky fingers in the end, but a marvelous smell. :)

20231021_155214.jpg

I tend to get my hands dirty aswell. I enjoy the occasional joint with a trim snake in the middle.

mike-or-ozzy

My wife jerked on a leash to free it free from a spot it was hung up on, and in a vicious moment of 'Murphy Gone Wild,' the clip end flew up into the flush-mount glass light cover in the entryway ceiling and blew out the glass on one side.

She reported this in limited tears, another moment of demoralization by life's unforeseen speedbumps.

I figure in these moments that the greater priority includes any micro-shards of glass on the carpet runner in the entryway, both for our and the dogs' protection. I hate glass slivers in my foot. Makes me grumpy. And stains the flooring.

So now the purchase list for the town trip includes one entryway ceiling light fixture that holds 2 bulbs (UL approved only need apply), two 2.5' x 8' or 2.5' x 6' carpet runners for the entryway and kitchen transition strip, and a 12-volt, 1.5-amp battery tender or 4 for the vehicles.

Whats the battery tender do Moose, 'scuse my ignorance and you need locking lugs there? Wow

moose eater

Whats the battery tender do Moose, 'scuse my ignorance and you need locking lugs there? Wow
The ones I'm looking for are hard-mounted, meaning 'permanently' mounted via metal screws, typically in the engine bay of the vehicle..

They're a 12-volt-DC (powered by 115-AC), lower-amperage (often 1.5 to 2.0 amp) for maintaining the juice in the batteries, especially in the serious/severe cold.

The one in my RAV is toast, and other than for my old Harleys, and the 1953 Chevy pick-up I used to have years ago, I typically haven't run them in many years.

But I'm into 2 new batteries already this year, and even at the decent Costco pricing for a good Interstate brand (the brand I tend to run) it's starting to get costly.

mike-or-ozzy

The ones I'm looking for are hard-mounted, meaning 'permanently' mounted via metal screws, typically in the engine bay of the vehicle..

They're a 12-volt-DC (powered by 115-AC), lower-amperage (often 1.5 to 2.0 amp) for maintaining the juice in the batteries, especially in the serious/severe cold.

The one in my RAV is toast, and other than for my old Harleys, and the 1953 Chevy, I typically haven't run them in years.

But I'm into 2 new batteries already this year, and even at the decent Costco pricing for a good Interstate brand (the brand I tend to run) it's starting to get costly.

Thanks moose, just high and finished setting up some ape micology, went well despite oversaturating the coir. A few Labatts blue and tinc and smoke. Never heard of those units and I'm in NNE Vt at 47 lat. Summer was on a tuesday last year.

jokerman

Premium user
Public Service Announcement

Never again be fooled by fake AI Coffee Girls !

How?

Why with Big’s Tactical Eyeglasses that’s how!

Just send me two easy payments of $19.95 and one difficult payment of $39.95 and we will mail these out immediately after cashing your check!

Never be fooled again!

Fake AI Coffee Girl

View attachment 18954790

Put on the Special Glasses and BAM!

View attachment 18954788

Real Coffee Girl

View attachment 18954789
$ 39.95 is a bargain ,Im going to pull the trigger FFS!

moose eater

Thanks moose, just high and finished setting up some ape micology, went well despite oversaturating the coir. A few Labatts blue and tinc and smoke. Never heard of those units and I'm in NNE Vt at 47 lat. Summer was on a tuesday last year.
Does 'Labatts' indicate you're Canadian, or buying Candian beer in the States, or....?

Drank a fair bit of that with my 'International crew' when we built our house; each night after work, sitting around the campfire with a bottle of that or something else, and the 9 varieties of hash I'd brought back from A-dam, doing the nightly 'world hashish tour' with the crew after a good day's work.
We had an Aussie electrician working as a laborer (but he could somewhat-fearlessly walk tall walls setting big trusses), an Iranian who quit early on because I wouldn't give him a raise on his first day, a Canadian master carpenter (long-time friend from the 70s), and I forget who else.

Last edited:

mike-or-ozzy

Does 'Labatts' indicate you're Canadian, or buying Candian beer in the States, or....?

Drank a fair bit of that with my 'International crew' when we built our house; each night after work, sitting around the campfire with a bottle of that or something else, and the 9 varieties of hash I'd brought back from A-dam, doing the nightly 'world hashish tour' with the crew after a good day's work.
We had an Aussie electrician working as a laborer (but he could walk tall walls setting big trusses), an Iranian who quit early on because I wouldn't give hm a raise on his first day, a Canadian master carpenter (long-time friend from the 70s), and I forget who else.
haahaa not Canadien , just a good beer loving ironworker, now a crippled retired lover of life and all good grown food and meds whatever they may be.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club

moose eater

haahaa not Canadien , just a good beer loving ironworker, now a crippled retired lover of life and all good grown food and meds whatever they may be.
Iron worker? Much work in Michigan?

Some of you guys do work up high on bridges and newer buildings that make my knees weak just watching.

Summer of 1981 or 1982 I was helping a former partner/friend put trusses up on what would later become a super-insulated 24' x 48' with 10' ceilings indoors, and (15) 1,000-watt lights of old-school style for his halide barn, as we could see the changes to Ravin's aggregate weight restrictions coming here, so the smarter folks able to read the proverbial water better were moving indoors from what had been rampant, flaunted, huge greenhouses.

He mistakenly figured he could get me past my fear of heights by giving me a tab of acid while we were working up on the trusses.

Nope. Spent the rest of the day, into the evening, hugging one truss in particular.

Great diet plan though. If you can't let go of the truss, or whatever object feels like its providing stability, then it's harder to make it to the cooler for a snack.

mike-or-ozzy

Iron worker? Much work in Michigan?

Some of you guys do work up high on bridges and newer buildings that make my knees weak just watching.

Summer of 1981 or 1982 I was helping a former partner/friend put trusses up on what would later become a super-insulated 24' x 48' with 10' ceilings indoors, and (15) 1,000-watt lights of old-school style for his halide barn, as we could see the changes to Ravin's aggregate weight restrictions coming here, so the smarter folks able to read the proverbial water better were moving indoors from what had been rampant, flaunted, huge greenhouses.

He mistakenly figured he could get me past my fear of heights by giving me a tab of acid while we were working up on the trusses.

Nope. Spent the rest of the day, into the evening, hugging one truss in particular.

Great diet plan though. If you can't let go of the truss, or whatever object feels like its providing stability, then it's harder to make it to the cooler for a snack.
Never worked in Michigan but worked with fellas from the UP, never forget em, great workers & character. Days gone by. Bridge work on the east coast, one good one thats supporting me now with ss. Quinapoxett River Bridge in Worc., Ma., Taxes took more than take home pay for 72 hour weeks, 6- 12s with double bubble over 40. Fuckers. Union rate was $33.00 +/+ benes' and only hard hats were required, no safety shit like now.

Latest posts

Latest posts