What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

moose eater

And they seem to work for the cause…
Yep, a projectile is a projectile, and it's still a matter of E=MC-squared.

A kid in Spokane (mid-to-later teen) a couple or more decades ago shot his stepfather with a pellet rifle when the stepdad was beating the kid's mother, and put it through the ribs near the sternum, into either the heart or other vital mass. No longer the kid's stepdad. Nor the kid his stepson.

Foreign objects aren't often good for the interior of the body.

Sun&Soil

Thanks moose, just high and finished setting up some ape micology, went well despite oversaturating the coir. A few Labatts blue and tinc and smoke. Never heard of those units and I'm in NNE Vt at 47 lat. Summer was on a tuesday last year.
Vermont produces some good outdoor herb. Just got to find some hearty early finishing genetics. I've seen alot of clay, a bunch of sand, and large pockets of acidic blueberry producing humus layers. I've also seen good rich soil there. Inlaws are near Middlebury and I've dug alot of flower and vegetable beds for them. It's a short intense season over there followed by the gamble with old Jackie Frost starting late September some years.

Sound familiar?

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I don't snip when I trim, I snap. Because they aren't sharp I can tuck them down deep and push break the fan leaf stem off at the base without too much damage. Sometimes early in the trim when I come across stubborn stems I clamp down on them an twist em off. I also use a pointed 90 degree pick like this picture of one I'm borrowing from the web

View attachment 18954984

This is for sugar leaves and finer jobs.

Once I get my choice buds trimmed then I go with scissors for the rest since that is what gets pressed.
You don't wear gloves?

Mr_Hash

signal-2024-02-03-21-46-11-519.gif

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep, a projectile is a projectile, and it's still a matter of E=MC-squared.

A kid in Spokane (mid-to-later teen) a couple or more decades ago shot his stepfather with a pellet rifle when the stepdad was beating the kid's mother, and put it through the ribs near the sternum, into either the heart or other vital mass. No longer the kid's stepdad. Nor the kid his stepson.

Foreign objects aren't often good for the interior of the body.
That is a good formula for atomic energy based on C as the speed of light, but 1/2MV squared is the formula to use for projectile energy.

You take the projectile weight in pounds and divide it by 32 to get its mass and then multiply 1/2 of that number times the square of the velocity in feet per second, to get foot pounds of energy.

moose eater

Never worked in Michigan but worked with fellas from the UP, never forget em, great workers & character. Days gone by. Bridge work on the east coast, one good one thats supporting me now with ss. Quinapoxett River Bridge in Worc., Ma., Taxes took more than take home pay for 72 hour weeks, 6- 12s with double bubble over 40. Fuckers. Union rate was $33.00 +/+ benes' and only hard hats were required, no safety shit like now.
The off-grid homestead farm I worked at age almost-17 through 18 was north of Big Bay, Michigan by 5 miles, bordering on the Huron Mountain Club's property.

My father's buried in South Range, Michigan, having died up on the shore of Lake Superior on the Kewana Peninsula, and I lived in Houghton-Hancock, up north of South Range a short distance as a tiny fellow..

Beautiful country, and while the wealthy from Chicago, Minneapolis, and Detroit have scarfed up a lot of the nicer waterfront property and built their micro-mansions, there's still decent sized plots of good acreage in the woods up that way, sometimes on the water, for relatively cheap. Often times with cabins or old farmhouses that go back well over 100 years.

Good folks, overall, and the product in many ways of a place that stayed out of the fast lane where economic investments or potential were/are concerned; mining went downhill there over 150 years ago, really. Logging is a hit and miss situation there for many decades now. And so life rolls on slowly in those places. The Northern Michigan University in Marquette brings some money in, as does tourism. I believe their air force base, (K.I. Sawyer?) closed decades ago as well, and government money around military posts and bases always has fed the local piggy bank pretty heavily.

When I lived there, they didn't have Lyme ticks, though, or the related physical illness. I know of a woman in Wisconsin who was a parent member at the Hippie School in the Yukon Territory in the 1970s who has had Lyme tick disease 3 times now, and from what I understand it can be pretty debilitating. Didn't have to worry about it back then, and don't want to worry about it now, or I might've already leapt into buying property back there.

Last edited:

moose eater

That is a good formula for atomic energy based on C as the speed of light, but 1/2MV squared is the formula to use for projectile energy.

You take the projectile weight in pounds and divide it by 32 to get its mass and then multiply 1/2 of that number times the square of the velocity in feet per second, to get foot pounds of energy.
Thank you for the correction, GW..

CaptainLucky

I got my wife a set of tools like those to help dig any debris from the locking lug nuts on her Honda, so the key will fit into its depression after cleaning the grit and silt from the lug nut..

If I have yellowing sugar leaves in the buds, I sometimes gently bend the (green) bud enough to give my fingertips access to the base of the leaf's petiole in the flower and gently pull to dislodge Kio

Makes for untenably sticky fingers in the end, but a marvelous smell. :)

The government was doing aerosol dispersal tests on population centers in west central Florida and "accidentally" got a lot of people sick in the 50's.
I heard that they did something similar in the subways in maybe New York or Chicago. CL🍀

Unca Walt

420club
I suspect that the slower a projectile is moving, the more it hurts upon penetration.
@moose eater The weight of a black powder rifle bullet is huge compared to modern bullets.

My Big Boar oink-hunting .58 caliber BP rifle shoots conicals that weigh 555gr. Here is a knockdown power comparison.

Each of these bullets were taken from deer. 30.06 vs .58 And yup the monster slug wound up just about an inch across!

If you lookit the perfectly mushroomed conical, you can easily imagine the shock it had to deliver to get that misshapen.

1707036846880.jpeg

That sucker kills, skins, and cooks with one shot.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

A mostly clear morning here, clouding up this afternoon, starting at 34F and predicted to reach 53F.

I got a call from a tenant during our breakfast out yesterday morning, sharing that their hot water tank was leaking, so I spent half a day picking up a new one and installing it. Same size and same brand, but they of course changed the design and layout so that none of the gas and water piping, nor the flue duct fit, so all had to be modified.

Fortunately my tenant helped me lower the new one into the basement and drag the old one up the stairs, because it took two.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another tenant received a letter from the electric company informing them that they used 37% more energy last quarter vis a vis the same quarter last year, and disproportionate to the other similar sized dwellings in the hood. I can't imagine why, because it is the same equipment and the weather wasn't that different, so agreed to check the amp draw on all the legs to look for anything out of order.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
10.46am - Leah (the Mrs) got a day off work today - so we cooked a big breakfast with scrambled eggs/cream/spring onion/cilantro/garlic and extra mature cheddar 🧀 baked beans - fried tomatoes - sausages - and baguette bread toasted with butter -
Made it a rock and roll breakfast by playing lots of Chuck Berry - and dancing 🕺 around the kitchen with my daughter (she loves ❤️ rock and roll music ) - while my son practiced the 3 chords he's just learned on the ukulele -

All in all - we all ate very well - and had lots of fun 😁