What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

moose eater

With whole-grain beer brewing, it was 'mashing and sparging'.

With a young GSD puppy and an adult GSD, it's 'gnashing and sparring'.

(*Though 'mashing and sparging' was fun to say in a pirate voice when beer brewing)

The mentoring continues. Joy to watch a spayed 2-1/2-year-old that's never had a litter of pups, come into her own being as a 'mother' and mentor for the pup.

And nothing says 'family' like a GSD pup young enough to have her fur still feel like a kazillion cotton balls, snuggle up to you at night. In fact, it occurred to me that I should have named her 'Cotton'. Partly due to the irony that she's (currently) predominantly black in color, but also because of that amazing GSD puppy fur that feels like one has thrust their hand into a gigantic bulk bag of cotton balls.

"I think I'll keep her."

-54 f on the front porch, -49 f. at the University/in town, and -45 f. at the airport.

Maybe we need to move our house to the main tarmac? Noisy, perhaps, but the loss of our inversion for 99% of this winter has gotten way old.

I'm going back to bed.

Pork link breakfast sausages with sage and pepper overtones, and easy-over eggs to follow... With Keto toast for me and sprouted whole wheat toast for my wife.. But not following too closely. I'm thinking early lunch... errr..... brunch.

My insulated cup of our recently mixed Espresso Blend and French roast beans, now made into coffee with 40% heavy whipping cream in it, that's going back to bed with me... with the remainder of last night's joint of a blend of Rare Dankness' Ghost Train Haze #1, Arjan's original Greenhouse Seeds Super Lemon Haze, Bodhi's Space Cake (my #1), and a touch of Bodhi's Soul Mate; the combination of that array of cannabinoids seeming to have a synergistic affect that can only be labeled as 'dangerous.' Just right for an early Saturday morning...... especially if one wants it to quickly become Sunday.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Jayzeus Chrimas that is a big fish!
It was a double. The first one hooked was mine and seconds later the mate started saying "Double Double" and hooked the second one. My fish was off the port stern and the other fish was starboard stern. We did not get a picture of the first fish because we had more than our hands full with #2 fish. It nearly spooled a giant reel and the mate was thumbing the spool with his rubber gloves trying to stop the fish. The reel was so hot it melted the rubber coating on his gloves. It took about 45 minutes to release both fish. Captain and Mate estimated 450 lb. each. We celebrated that night with 'shrooms on the beach watching the stars and talking about constellations. I'll find that video.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Jayzeus Chrimas that is a big fish!
You'll be able to find buds there without much trouble. Be friendly and aware and I didn't haggle. Here's an idea for a conversation starter. We named the shells in the picture "Juanies" after Juan Surfo. He was our first contact in Playa Guiones and he had a surf shop.
1706982715685.jpeg

Those shells make perfect one hitters. ;) Juan taught us to clip the pointed end off to expose a central hole that runs the length of the shell. They are on every beach down there. Keep one in your pocket and ask for flowers to smoke in it.
:D

kevinn

You'll be able to find buds there without much trouble. Be friendly and aware and I didn't haggle. Here's an idea for a conversation starter. We named the shells in the picture "Juanies" after Juan Surfo. He was our first contact in Playa Guiones and he had a surf shop.
View attachment 18954852
Those shells make perfect one hitters. ;) Juan taught us to clip the pointed end off to expose a central hole that runs the length of the shell. They are on every beach down there. Keep one in your pocket and ask for flowers to smoke in it.
When the sun goes down all the little trinket sales stands turn into drug sales.

oldfogey8

View attachment 18954852
Thanks. That is great info. I bought some bud in Lahaina when we visited there even though I brought a bit along with us. $20 for about a gram. The dude called it Golden Ticket. Took a couple hits one night on the Wailea beach and we were mesmerized by the wavelets appearing to dance onto the shore then watched the Koi fish in a pond in the atrium. They lined up one behind the next and swam around until they broke off into groups then reassembled the single file line. It went on for about a half hour. Not sure if we were that buzzed or if that is what they do.

Sun&Soil

I am snug as a bug in my basement.... don't even want to think about what's going on outside.

20240203_133327.jpg

We are finally getting that nice weather you were walking in earlier in the week. First time beeing out in the sun in about 3 weeks. At least it feels that way, my math may be off a bit.

Had a small stand of stinkass staghorn sumacs blow down during a storm. I'm taking advantage of the nice weather and getting a head start on the clean up.

20240203_132946.jpg

Enjoying my 2022 outdoor Grimm Glue. Still greasy and just starting to become joint smooth.

Cheers everyone!

jokerman

Premium user
I read about how to trap polar bears recently. It involves ice holes and garden peas. You have to look for active bear sign around the ice hole. Once identified as active drop a line of frozen peas around the edge. When a polar comes up to take a pea, kick him in the ice hole.

Back at you, @bigsur51 , and this: On a mailtrain. reminded me to ask you if Irene had a sister named Louise.

I saw him in Amaganset at Stephens Talk house a while back.
I like guitar.