What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

moose eater

They all do that. Some are are better than others. Now computers diagnose most problems .....each manufacturer has its own system and most independents can't afford them. So you have to send it to the dealership.
$2,000 programs specialized to the tasks.

With Ski-Doo's diagnostic programs they sell for downloading to a laptop or standard computer, it's thousands of dollars, and they want your address, IP address, social security number, etc. No bullshit.

And they make these newer (computerized) sleds for everyone, including those who live in the bush, for whom getting such a machine to town when it's dead often involves lots of towing on trails for many miles or a very expensive air charter, if the thing is small enough to fit on a plane like a Cessna Caravan

When folks I know in the bush are looking for a new snowmobile, I tell them to get a later-90s, early-2000 in good shape with lower miles, like a Skandic, with a 503 fan-cooled in it and repairs you can do in-place without a several-thousand-dollar computer that isn't allowed to leave the shop that owns it.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When they were selling clones in the grow shop in Va beach last year, they were asking 50.00. They were about 12” tall

we had a community yard sale last year and a guy was selling them for 20.00.

a guy in his 80s grew them. That was pretty cool. Girl Scout cookies. He was so cute 🥰
When OMMP medical MJ was in force, we gave each other clones. Now that I no longer maintain an OMMP card because of the newly added BS paperwork and record keeping, I either grow from seeds and pitch the males or do what I did last year and pick up clones at a local dispensary. Last year I paid $45 each for a couple of 12" Train Wreck clones.
That’s one reason why I’ve got my own shop in my own hydraulic floor lift. You can’t have mechanical work done in a service facility for less than 150 bucks an hour which is Ludacris. The mechanics only get $30 an hour and the rest goes to the fat cat that owns the building… I’ve got all the tools and all the equipment, but my body seems to be failing me when it comes to doing heavy mechanical work…
I did most of my own work until recently, as well as restored classical cars and built performance cars. Lot of fun and satisfaction over the years but my body doesn't gracefully contort into all the required positions, nor lying on cold concrete. In addition, keeping my hands clean began leaving them dry and cracked and my vision changed enough that seeing what I was doing in some locations was problematic.

I was finally reminded that I was doing it for enjoyment and quit. Now I have retired mechanics do most of my work on the side, so that I don't get raped.
Only problem.....you know what you are doing, have the tools and facility. I don't...
And therein lies the chagrin! All new cars are run by computers, so you have to not only have good mechanical skills and dexterity, but you also have to understand all the computerized parts and have all the equipment it takes to sort that part out as well.

Of course, if the computerized portions are working as designed, they will tell you what is wrong, but sometimes they are broken too...............

mike-or-ozzy

When OMMP medical MJ was in force, we gave each other clones. Now that I no longer maintain an OMMP card because of the newly added BS paperwork and record keeping, I either grow from seeds and pitch the males or do what I did last year and pick up clones at a local dispensary. Last year I paid $45 each for a couple of 12" Train Wreck clones.

I did most of my own work until recently, as well as restored classical cars and built performance cars. Lot of fun and satisfaction over the years but my body doesn't gracefully contort into all the required positions, nor lying on cold concrete. In addition, keeping my hands clean began leaving them dry and cracked and my vision changed enough that seeing what I was doing in some locations was problematic.

I was finally reminded that I was doing it for enjoyment and quit. Now I have retired mechanics do most of my work on the side, so that I don't get raped.

And therein lies the chagrin! All new cars are run by computers, so you have to not only have good mechanical skills and dexterity, but you also have to understand all the computerized parts and have all the equipment it takes to sort that part out as well.

Of course, if the computerized portions are working as designed, they will tell you what is wrong, but sometimes they are broken too...............
dont forget power outages

SubGirl

Premium user
420club

I usually make sure I have a few dozen clones in the spring to give away to my peeps that have grown to expect them now I think 🤪.

moose eater

I usually make sure I have a few dozen clones in the spring to give away to my peeps that have grown to expect them now I think 🤪.
I plant extra clones to account for any possible mortality and for better selection of the best clones, even though mortality is rarer for me, and I end up with lots of extras that way, with a small number of people who've come to regularly accept/request my clones in the spring.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I plant extra clones to account for any possible mortality and for better selection of the best clones, even though mortality is rarer for me, and I end up with lots of extras that way, with a small number of people who've come to regularly accept/request my clones in the spring.
I always have extra and would rather gift them than kill them.

Patwillie

4cecb312a5e48075.png

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
when I was growing in a large way I'd always have a dozen plants now and then I didn't need...they were perfectly fine and healthy but I always grew much more than I needed...a local buddy has a small grow and can only take so many so I had to chop 'em down...it's hard to do but a necessary evil I guess...

moose eater

very nice but way too much work for us old goats...a tent keeps this old man happy...
Part of my problem, as a child of Depression-era parents, is the old 'waste not, want not,' and to have those lights burning seems to demand the spaces be filled. Plant counts be damned.

Of course, then comes trimming time... and there's new muscles and nerves each year that scream out in those moments. Nerves and muscles I wasn't even aware existed before. Then the loss of up-close vision after sitting in a hardwood chair with a cushion on it, bent over and squinting.

And no market anymore to speak of, by choice.

Thus, at times the bottom of my primary 21.5 cu. ft. upright freezer looks like it's been taken over by the swamp creature for all the green bags that are sealed and stored there.