What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

moose eater

I sent out 2 cuts, well-rooted, of Super Lemon Haze, with 1 cut each of Gogi OG and Ghost Train Haze, (4 cuts total), secured in a custom-fitted wooden box, planting cubes restrained by internal 3/4" x 1" cross-members inside, with the cubes wrapped and taped in industrial food wrap so as not to allow loss of any soilless mix, odoriferous distractions addressed, sealed relatively well, inside a custom-made cardboard box.... for postage; $42. ;)

But that was to a friend in the Lower-48 who's helped me greatly.

Locally I have 2 price brackets for clones, depending on intent of the recipient; Personal grows for stash range from free to $10 or $15. Growers who are intending to grow for $, they pay $20 or so.

Then there's risk of walking into a local post office where the transaction is digitally recorded and kept for 'X' amount of time by the USPS, and the actual postage (no handling charges), and as usual, postage is continuing to rise.

I'd never shipped clones before through the USPS, and it was +20 f. here when they left. They arrived in California, intact, healthy, happy, no injuries and no loss of soilless mix.

I was pleased, as was the recipient!
If you look at one of the more 'reputable' online shippers of commercial clones, they're getting an average of $175 to $250/clone, and more for rare and obscure stuff.

I've never paid for anything NEAR those prices, but I guess some do.

There was a cut 20+ years ago, available in Valdez, called 'Goo Tooth' or some such. One fellow I spoke with quoted $350.

I hope they liked it, because at that price, I had no intention of finding out.

jokerman

Premium user
There's a cannabis dispensary south of Fairbanks, toward Ester, Alaska, on the Parks Hwy, called, 'One Hit Wonder.'

Long drive for me 🙄

jokerman

Premium user
Getting late and my truck isn't done yet......I got the usual UP Sale call but passed. Just and oil change please!
Quite honestly, I wanted to talk to you about a rear differential oil change and a transmission oil and filter change.
I didn't know the best approach to the subject to ask you ,so I held back.
I feel better you were at least given the opportunity, when it was the most time and cost effective.🙄

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Differentials and transfer cases are some of the few jobs I buy Amsoil 75w-90 for.

I often only change such fluids every 15,000 to 30,000 miles unless there's been a serious hauling job that causes unusual wear and tear, so on those components I spring for the more expensive Amsoil.
Here is the latest marketing tool.....a video of a complete inspection

Last edited:

moose eater

Don't know if I missed something; just got a pic of your rear plate.

Same truck (model) my daughter owns. She's currently having bizarre electrical issues, but happily discovered that she'd purchased an extended warranty, so the $4,000(!!!!!!!) part and labor's covered.

My older son, on the other hand, bought the first new vehicle of his life (a Chevy product :( ) and is having what I diagnosed over the phone as a front left strut issue. He bought the car with a 1-year/36,000-mile warranty(!!!!). And he drives for a living(!!!!)

My last Chevy (before the low-mileage, vintage camper van) was my 1953 Model 3600 pick-up we built an overly-built wooden bed on, on which sat a home-built aluminum-sided camper, with home-built wooden tool boxes and saddle-type fuel tanks under the overhangs of the sides of the camper.I'll stop there, but in my opinion, there's a reason the US government (we the People) still own (sorta') a share of that company.

moose eater

Now I got the video.

NAPA and some others, starting around 20 years ago, began holding presentations for local shops, concerning the profitability of up-selling parts for replacement, even if parts were only marginally worn.

20+ years ago my BEST mechanic marked up his parts by the same 10% discount he was receiving on OEM parts, and he tried hard to exclusively use OEM parts.

These days up here most shops are charging 100% mark-up, based on OEM parts pricing, but actually installing after-market parts.

When I've confronted the 'ink-pen-thievery' involved in this process, the primary answer I've received is, "Everybody's doing it." Bringing up old adages my mother and grandmother used 60 years ago about "if my friends were all jumping off a bridge."

So I now hunt down a GOOD mechanic, and often one who will allow me to obtain my own OEM parts from online wholesale sources, and then they install them.

Fuck the shysters.

Last edited:

jokerman

Premium user
1706910550163.png

In honor of the most misunderstood Ninja Turtle ,Michelangelo

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Now I got the video.

NAPA and some others, starting around 20 years ago, began holding presentations for local shops, concerning the profitability of up-selling parts for replacement, even if parts were only marginally worn.

20+ years ago my BEST mechanic marked up his parts by the same 10% discount he was receiving on OEM parts, and he tried hard to exclusively use OEM parts.

These days up here most shops are charging 100% mark-up, based on OEM parts pricing, but actually installing after-market parts.

When I've confronted the 'ink-pen-thievery' involved in this process, the primary answer I've received is, "Everybody's doing it." Bringing up old adages my mother and grandmother used 60 years ago about "my friends jumping off a bridge."

So I now hunt down a GOOD mechanic, and often one who will allow me to obtain my own OEM parts from online wholesale sources, and then they install them.

Fuck the shysters.
The service manager worked for me for 12 years and we are still friends. Pretty much trust him. He knows I know most all the tricks.

Latest posts

Latest posts