What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Janborrego

Everyone in my house tested negative for covid except my son. He is on nightshift watching so mom does n ot wander off while we sleep if she wakes up confused. He will test when he wakes. My son in law in the guest house tested positive he shares moms bathroom to shower. No one else uses that bathroom but those 2. He works at a hotel so either of them could have gotten it. I am glad we all don’t have it. In 2020 everyone but mom and dad got it.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
The way Boo feels about his car tyres - I feel about my shoes - these Salomon Alpha Cross 4's are made for walking/running and climbing over sharp/steep rocky ground - and those chevrons on the soles - grip surfaces well - very light shoe 👞 too - my current favourite for daily wear -
View attachment 18952858
I have those shoes. Mine are also shitgrabbers sometimes. 🤪

IMG_2307.jpeg

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Yep Merrell's are good Putembk my last pair did well over 1000 miles walking before I retired them - these are the Merrell's bought to replace them - heavier and chunkier than the Salomons
View attachment 18952909
I have never seen Salomon brands here. I will look again.

Speaking of walk....just as soon as I finish in the basement gonna put those shoes to work....walk time!

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have those shoes. Mine are also shitgrabbers sometimes. 🤪

View attachment 18952894
I'm not a clothes horse but besides my dress shoes that I avoid having to wear because it most likely means a funeral, I find I need three different types of casual footwear to live comfortably here in River City.

I suffer from plantar fasciitis without good support., so 95% of the time I wear a Doctor Comfort Fisherman's sandal with gel cell inserts and ortho supports. Good traction where I wear them and besides the comfort, the sandals keep my feet aired out, so that I don't grow fungus.

Just walking the sleek sly puppy in the rain, I typically wear a waterproof Rockport walker, which have Vibram soles with a busy tread pattern designed for wet traction, versus cleats like my winter boots.

My winter boots have cleated soles which is great for traction in the mud, blood, and beer, but a hose is the only way I can get them clean enough to reenter the house beyond the patio, after walking in mud.

I add strap on crampons over the cleats during the frozen parts of the program, because the cleats are still slippery on ice.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Scandinavians say that there is no bad weather, only bad clothing and dog owners will affirm that a dog is the exercise machine that never gathers dust.

We have so much wet weather here, and some nasty icy weather, so to take care of the pups we have to plan for time in any and all Mother Nature can throw our way, which includes taking care of ourselves with clothing and equipment.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Wife rolled her ankle this morning and is being a bit emo about it
🙄
I was sitting on the toilet upstairs so 100% my fault.
😆
After a thorough talking to about my short comings we got her all wrapped up medicated and in bed asleep.........lucky for me.
😂
I got a bucket of Ice water and a bucket of warmish water waiting for her when she wakes up..........gonna take that swelling right out.
I will be in trouble for that as well I bet.
😁

BrassNwood

Veteran
It's about one year - since I was diagnosed to have a leaking heart valve - and finally my phone rings - and they want to see me at St Thomas's hospital - up near to Westminster - Central London - its not for the open heart surgery just yet - they just want to do an ECG - and other tests it seems - pre-surgery - but it's a start - because St Thomas's will be the hospital where I will receive this surgery - and has a world renowned cardiology department apparently - 6th February is my appointment -

This is all new to me having a major internal surgery - 1st time virgin - so I'll try and enjoy it as a new experience - and once it's fixed and healed - I should be back to my old self - and be able to train a little harder again -
* here is a link to a small video about my condition -

Since I don't have any other co-morbidities - and am generally fit and well - this operation should be routine and relatively easy to recover from - I'm just wondering when it might be scheduled -

1706637895136.png

The candy cane hook that comes out of the top of my heart looks like a clown ballon ready to pop. We've been watching it grow for several years and now it's passed that 6cm threshold and they want to stent me. Bhaaaaaaaa. Met with the head of the department and the first of the consults.

Not my first medical rodeo so now the fun starts to see who, where, when and how. Veterans' admin is my primary for most things but for this I've called in a friend who works at Ceders / Sinai for advice and recomendations as they are the top listed facility in the Los Angeles basin. Now to see if the VA will play nice with them or UCLA or USC as they are the other 2 top rateds.
Lower section is bulging as well but not yet of intervention size.

Putting innertubes in worn out tires was a long ago fix I didn't think I'd revisit. I can't recall just what I used to pay for the recaps we ran in my army days. I want to say $11.00 mounted and balanced. They'd start coming apart after a few hours of high speed (100+mph) and you'd hear it start to slap the inner fender well. Swing back by and get another one free. LMAO.
Big block posi track mopar wagon ate rear tires kind of fast. It was just too tempting to do long smoky burnouts in that ride.

giggy

Afternoon folks, Benny hill brings back a lot of memories. Tried to watch it Monday through friday, Friday night comedy show then the midnight special that Saturday was Monty python and Saturday night live. Funny the only one still on is snl and I just don't watch it no more.