What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

moose eater

you could be as ugly as me and it still works!
chocolate at the right time in a Womans life is also advised.
Hell, chocolate at the right time in -my- life is key!!

76% cocoa to 92% cocoa, just in case anyone's considering a care package. Fewer carbs than not, per 3 squares serving please, and Ghirardelli and Lindt tend to be the creamier sources, though Lindt tends to add too much sweetener, to the point that it sometimes tastes closer to milk chocolate, despite the higher percentage of cocoa.

Boy, if I could only run the world!! I'll tell ya'!!

Never mind, that'd be a lot of work....

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
View attachment 18952911

The candy cane hook that comes out of the top of my heart looks like a clown ballon ready to pop. We've been watching it grow for several years and now it's passed that 6cm threshold and they want to stent me. Bhaaaaaaaa. Met with the head of the department and the first of the consults.

Not my first medical rodeo so now the fun starts to see who, where, when and how. Veterans' admin is my primary for most things but for this I've called in a friend who works at Ceders / Sinai for advice and recomendations as they are the top listed facility in the Los Angeles basin. Now to see if the VA will play nice with them or UCLA or USC as they are the other 2 top rateds.
Lower section is bulging as well but not yet of intervention size.

Putting innertubes in worn out tires was a long ago fix I didn't think I'd revisit. I can't recall just what I used to pay for the recaps we ran in my army days. I want to say $11.00 mounted and balanced. They'd start coming apart after a few hours of high speed (100+mph) and you'd hear it start to slap the inner fender well. Swing back by and get another one free. LMAO.
Big block posi track mopar wagon ate rear tires kind of fast. It was just too tempting to do long smoky burnouts in that ride.
Yeah - that '69 Roadrunner with a 440 Mopar and a 6 pack - I acquired in Boise Idaho around 1978 - was real heavy on the tyres - especially if you kept throwing it around doing doughnuts - which was always tempting - and heavy on the gas ⛽️ too - but then gas was only around 35 cents a gallon - way back then -

Jeez - I thought I had a bad/dodgy heart problem - 😔 - seems like you have a much more complicated situation there - and hope that you can get it fixed sufficiently well enough - to last for as long as it takes -

moose eater

-30 f. on the porch this morning.

Warmest we got yesterday was -29 f., though after we bounce back down to -40 f. to -50 f. over the next several nights' lows, we're supposed to head back up gradually, supposedly reaching a +2 by Monday's high.. We'll see....

Phoned one of 2 vets we've typically used for our lengthy list of past and present pups. The receptionist said that because they haven't seen the newest GSD puppy addition to our family, there'd be an additional fee of $70 to "establish care."

WTF??!! She needs her third DAPP booster and her first rabies vaccine, not an hour's discourse on childhood traumas and surviving being what I suspect was her status as runt of the litter.

So I'm waiting on a call from the other clinic that's already seen her, with no additional fee for "establishing care."

I'm thinking our medical professions are teaching some questionable ink-pen-thievery habits to our veterinarians.

News at 11.

BubbasPlace

All Woman Crew​

As the airliner pushed back from the gate, the flight attendant gave the passengers the usual information regarding seat belts, etc. Finally, she said, "Now sit back and enjoy your trip while your captain, Judith Campbell, and crew take you safely to your destination." Joe sitting in the eighth row thought to himself, "Did I hear her right? Is the captain a woman?" When the attendants came by with the drink cart, he said, "Did I understand you right? Is the captain a woman?" "Yes," said the attendant, "In fact, this entire crew is female." "My God," said Joe, "I'd better have two scotch and sodas. I don't know what to think of all those women up there in the cockpit." "That's another thing sir," said the attendant, "We no longer call it the cock pit. Now it's the box office."
Not bad.....box office beats stink hole hands down!

BubbasPlace

That's good advice to start gaining hand strength again - my current grip strength is pretty strong - 2 years of just hanging by the arms - from a bar with my full weight has really helped - when I started it was difficult to do just 10 seconds hanging - can now do 60 seconds - and have thick calluses on my hands - because of it -
View attachment 18952747
Wait a minute....I know what those calluss are from! Left handed right?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
-30 f. on the porch this morning.

Warmest we got yesterday was -29 f., though after we bounce back down to -40 f. to -50 f. over the next several nights' lows, we're supposed to head back up gradually, supposedly reaching a +2 by Monday's high.. We'll see....

Phoned one of 2 vets we've typically used for our lengthy list of past and present pups. The receptionist said that because they haven't seen the newest GSD puppy addition to our family, there'd be an additional fee of $70 to "establish care."

WTF??!! She needs her third DAPP booster and her first rabies vaccine, not an hour's discourse on childhood traumas and surviving being what I suspect was her status as runt of the litter.

So I'm waiting on a call from the other clinic that's already seen her, with no additional fee for "establishing care."

I'm thinking our medical professions are teaching some questionable ink-pen-thievery habits to our veterinarians.

News at 11.
Before you know it - vet's will be like lawyers - and will require a monthly retainer - if you ever need veterinary care - for pets -

moose eater

Before you know it - vet's will be like lawyers - and will require a monthly retainer - if you ever need veterinary care - for pets -
There are vets now, and Doctors too, who charge a monthly subscription, and the fees for services are ranging from amended to free for standard visits, as well as the advantage of a lesser waiting list in some cases.

But yeah, we used to get our pups spayed or neutered for $100 to $200 bucks, as a rule, and sometimes they're free when a group of vets, with support from others (Borough? State? Private-non-profits?) holds a spay and neuter clinic.

Not so much any more. Though once in a blue moon I hear or read about the spay and neuter clinics still occurring on rare occasion.

And you can buy pet healthcare insurance now, too.

Read one poor bastard's post in a GSD group I belong to, and their GSD had developed a not-incredibly-rare disorder for which they were already $10,000 in the red on it.

Made buying a Triumph, a Land Rover, or a Jaguar look almost affordable, where maintenance and repairs are concerned.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
The world is going more bonkers every day - just heard that the powers that be will be banning teachers from saying 'Boys and Girls' to the boys 👦 and the girls 👧 at schools - because maybe one of the kids identifies as a furry Armadilo - or a transistor radio - and might be offended - LMFAO! - what a 🌎 world we now live in - eh?

BubbasPlace

The world is going more bonkers every day - just heard that the powers that be will be banning teachers from saying 'Boys and Girls' to the boys 👦 and the girls 👧 at schools - because maybe one of the kids identifies as a furry Armadilo - or a transistor radio - and might be offended - LMFAO! - what a 🌎 world we now live in - eh?
Insulted? Take the little rube outside and slap the stupid out of them. Fuck public schools, just a little commie training ground.

moose eater

I'm tired shopping too....but just the daily driver. Figure about 1200.
I've been buying name-brand tires, with road hazard and sometime free mounting, balancing & rotation from Costco and tirerack.com, as well as discounttire.com.

Compared some Blizzaks I just put on my truck at the local Costco (bonus of being nitrogen-filled, so less adjustment to pressures with temperature changes), and compared to a long-time outlet here, I saved nearly $400.

When I'm picking up a vehicle Outside, in the Lower-48, and driving back up, I tend to use tirerack.com, as they have free shipping, often times having a set of matched and mounted wheels and tires sitting on a buddy's door-step, balanced, and mounted, before I even get there... leaving my friend to find a place in my absence to air them in the shade outside, in a secured area, so they don't stink up his shop with that permeating new rubber smell.

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
When I was stationed at RAF Lakenheath we looked forward to two show every week; Benny Hill & Doctor Who.
Well you had good taste 😏 that's for sure - Dr Who and the Daleks (early robots) - were always fun to watch - then the Robomen - 'EXTERMINATE - ANNIHILATE!' - etc
RAF Lakenheath has been in the news lately - looks like the USA is sending more nuke missiles over here again - 🙄 - to be situated in the Lakenheath area -

BubbasPlace

tires are important...295/65/20 10 ply michelin tires for the win...I drive aggressively and really use my tires so I buy the best...it's all there is between me and an accident and hydroplaning isn't an option...
Michelin for the win. Bought a really nice set at Costco a few years ago. Very expensive but super handling high speed rated jobs. Within a week one developed a bubble on the side wall. To top it off, the tire was no longer available. The little mouse fart manager said he wasn't going to eat 3 tires....he didn't realize it was me standing behind him. With one hand around his neck, I prepared to punch his head threw the showroom window...he began throwing numbers out. I finally struck a deal for a set of Bridge stones, I was still out just under $200.00 bucks.

I contacted Michelin to inform them of the poor service I received from their vendor they were appalled. They asked me exactly how much I was out over buying the bridge stones. They sent me a check for full amount.

OleReynard

Just wait tell the parents till the schools they want litter boxes cuz their kid identifies as a furbe