What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

Yes the black oil was the best of it all,made with chloroform I was told,it had outrageous potency,the red /cherry would be hit and miss where I lived.
When the oil first arrived on the scene it was potent and tasty. Honey oil being the primo oil in my area. After a while the quality did diminish. That was about the time that Thai Sticks and other high quality weed began to appear. People preferred the quality weed over the messy oil. Hash was always prominent with some very good product available.

Dime

One of my favorite books on the subject and what I started with. Dave is also a personal friend and has authored articles on my Graywolf's Lair site.

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php/category/4-authors-columns/4-6-d-gold/

Another good book! I also used Marijuana Chemistry by Michael Starks, and Marijuana Multiplier by Larry Todd.
Thank you for the link,I'm looking forward to your site. I have most of those old books including chemistry,some on pdf. I can't remember which book it was but the author claimed the full effects of weed are not found in seedless

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I would suggest 190 proof Ethanol for the first time. If you put the material and the ethanol in the freezer and take it down to 0F before combining them, and limit the time they are mixed together before pouring them through a strainer and then a coffee filter, you can make a brown dragon extract.

You could then evaporate it away in a Pyrex pie plate or casserole dish outside, covered with a towel to keep debris out. Very little danger and a good return.

Here is an example of a QWET brown dragon extract but using a still or hot oil bath to remove the alcohol.

That used to be one of the ways kief was pressed into hash. More heat and pressure is required for Rosin.
Made me look…
1724980468121.png

Dime

When the oil first arrived on the scene it was potent and tasty. Honey oil being the primo oil in my area. After a while the quality did diminish. That was about the time that Thai Sticks and other high quality weed began to appear. People preferred the quality weed over the messy oil. Hash was always prominent with some very good product available.
I remember it went from glass to plastic vials and got shittier ,some left the stick from the plastic cap in there to rip you off a bit.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
No Subbie, I got too many hours invested in trimming and never called Walt…that’s first thing to do after breakfast…

I was up in the New York area in early 1970 when that oil came out we called it honey oil… if someone took a greedy hit, they paid for by spitting out a piece of their lungs…😱

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I remember putting a line of hash oil down a cigarette and smoked said cig in front of my Mother
I used to coat the inside surfaces of rolling papers with hash oil and then roll them into joints. A potent mix but harsh on the lungs.

To get a thin even coat, we applied oil to one paper and rubbed it on other papers until all were thinly and evenly coated.

I once passed one in a potion making class during break and had all twelve students and the instructor coughing at the same time.
Oiling paper 1.jpg
Oiling paper- 2.jpg
Oiling paper 3.jpg
Oiling paper 5.jpg
Oiling paper 6.jpg

Dime

I used to coat the inside surfaces of rolling papers with hash oil and then roll them into joints. A potent mix but harsh on the lungs.

To get a thin even coat, we applied oil to one paper and rubbed it on other papers until all were thinly and evenly coated.

I once passed one in a potion making class during break and had all twelve students and the instructor coughing at the same time.
View attachment 19056423 View attachment 19056424 View attachment 19056426 View attachment 19056427 View attachment 19056428
We did that and before you light it you take a bic and heat the joint by holding it in the flame but spinning it so it wouldnt catch fire and it soaks right through the paper and burns for a long time. Bringing back some memories

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We had a buddy who's dad was a welder and when he was at work we would heat a pice of flat bar in a vice with a cutting torch and use a hat pin and a steel funnel,lots of times people had burn marks on their lips for school the next day .;)
Check out these vaporization systems.

jokerman

Premium user