What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That’s kinda like I make my tincture. There are some good tips about keeping the plant matter out of the tincture tho that I will use next time I make it. I defiantly let it hang out in the jar too long. I don’t think I’ll be using the leftovers still. I think I got all the goodness out of it. If our daughter was still making edibles regular I would save it but I can’t see it being worth much to me at this point. so it’s sitting in a bucket in the garage ready for me to get yelled at for leaving it there. 🤣😂🤣
You would be surprised. Typically, if you extract more than about 50% of the potential using dry sieve, you start to green out from plant debris.

You might consider extracting a small amount of the spent material to see.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
You would be surprised. Typically, if you extract more than about 50% of the potential using dry sieve, you start to green out from plant debris.

You might consider extracting a small amount of the spent material to see.
Ok maybe I will collect some of it and put it in the freezer. I do have a fifth of grain alcohol I’m comfortable working with.

Dime

Scratch my back

Attachments

• aff9811028f0ba92304209dc7dee8296-1007371204.jpg
    aff9811028f0ba92304209dc7dee8296-1007371204.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 19

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you permit me, I have a question for the old farts amongst …specifically it has to do with hash oil from the early to mid 1970s. There was blonde oil which was frequently making rounds east coast Fairfield county Ct…and then once & only once there was this red oil and this is no myth, but it was mythically good, with any of you else fortunate enough to try this back then ? It dramatically expanded in your lungs once you inhaled the vapor … absolutely…. we did it chasing the dragon style, putting a small amount on aluminum foil hitting the underneath with a lighter and then sucking up the vapor with a straw. You only needed a tiny bit & effects were astonishing. I recall the monumental rush, including visuals …I really think there’s something high-tech lab behind it w/ process like an isomerization, or something along those lines. ????

Dime

If you permit me, I have a question for the old farts amongst …specifically it has to do with hash oil from the early to mid 1970s. There was blonde oil which was frequently making rounds east coast Fairfield county Ct…and then once & only once there was this red oil and this is no myth, but it was mythically good, with any of you else fortunate enough to try this back then ? It dramatically expanded in your lungs once you inhaled the vapor … absolutely…. we did it chasing the dragon style, putting a small amount on aluminum foil hitting the underneath with a lighter and then sucking up the vapor with a straw. You only needed a tiny bit & effects were astonishing. I recall the monumental rush, including visuals …I really think there’s something high-tech lab behind it w/ process like an isomerization, or something along those lines. ????
I remember it. I smoked lots of it,in my area it was called red leb.

Attachments

• Cannabis Alchemy - D. Gold.pdf
    400.4 KB · Views: 22

oldmaninbc

Some people called it cherry oil(red oil) where I lived in central Canada at the time. Honey oil was another high grade oil. Plus the very dark oil...hash oil. That's what I grew up with in the late 60s early 70s. Most very potent and in demand.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Both the Quick Wash Isopropyl (QWISO) and Quick Wash Acetone (QWAT) processes produce an oil that is redder than BHO.
Refined extract-1-1.jpg

Dime

Some people called it cherry oil(red oil) where I lived in central Canada at the time. Honey oil was another high grade oil. Plus the very dark oil...hash oil. That's what I grew up with in the late 60s early 70s. Most very potent and in demand.
Yes the black oil was the best of it all,made with chloroform I was told,it had outrageous potency,the red /cherry would be hit and miss where I lived.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I remember it. I smoked lots of it,in my area it was called red leb.
One of my favorite books on the subject and what I started with. Dave is also a personal friend and has authored articles on my Graywolf's Lair site.

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php/category/4-authors-columns/4-6-d-gold/
I remember that cannabis alchemy book:cool: this one was also good Lots of cool, old-school information and techniques .. View attachment 19056416 It’s what I was reading when I should’ve been studying academics….lol
Another good book! I also used Marijuana Chemistry by Michael Starks, and Marijuana Multiplier by Larry Todd.

Anyone remember A Childs Garden of Grass by Clorfene and Margolis?

Latest posts

Latest posts