What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Shitty product may I recommend a dabpress unit as best bang for buck?

They have a tumbler that I use and absolutely love as well to get away from shaking them bags.
😆

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
We also isomerized and made THC-acetate. There was a lot more CBD in recreational strains back then to isomerize into THC and the THC-acetate came on so fast that it was perceived as being 3X as potent.
I used to press thca it looked like dirty coke had no taste or odor and seemed to provoke some people like a narcotic.
I don't make it anymore as I don't care for it.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I used to coat the inside surfaces of rolling papers with hash oil and then roll them into joints. A potent mix but harsh on the lungs.

To get a thin even coat, we applied oil to one paper and rubbed it on other papers until all were thinly and evenly coated.

I once passed one in a potion making class during break and had all twelve students and the instructor coughing at the same time.
View attachment 19056423 View attachment 19056424 View attachment 19056426 View attachment 19056427 View attachment 19056428
I've never come across hash oil at any dispensary. It sounds great - I like to get really high. Often. I'm going to check it out

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Forgot how much how much I enjoy tying flies....I quit years ago. I might just take it back up again.....hard to find the time to tie for fly shops again. Just for me now days.
Given that you said yourself that you don't enjoy the fishing trips quite like you used to, have you ever considered trying to turn it into a side hustle by selling them online? I mean given that your fishing tastes border on snobbish surely there must be a market for the flies you're able to create?

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
Is that the shit that people blow themselves up with? Is it shatter? Or black oil stuff...hash oil?
My experience is that BHO pretty much produces shatter but yes, that's the stuff people tend to blow themselves up with since butane is so much more combustible although it's only really risky in my opinion if you don't practice good ventilation. The way I was taught was that if you wanted to make BHO you find yourself a good secluded spot outdoors to do it.

HempKat

Veteran
Our system, My Health Portal sounds very similar. I was glad my wife and I signed up for it when it became available.
Here they push it on you everytime you visit the local hospital or a doctor that is associated with the hospital. in the paper or email record of any visit they include the address to sign up and a randomly generated password to log in the first time, then you create your own password for future logins.

exoticrobotic

"So-called "butane honey oil" was available briefly in the 1970s.[3][15] This product was made in Kabul, Afghanistan, and smuggled into the United States by The Brotherhood of Eternal Love. Production is thought to have ceased when the facility was destroyed in an explosion"

i doubt butane honey oil was made in Afghanistan in the 70s :smoky:

They were most likely making hash oil in a large cauldron with safer liquid solvents like ethanol :biggrin:

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
So I’m kinda afraid of alcohol and butane and heat and also not getting all of it out of the end product. I need to hang out with one of yall as an apprentice first
There is really no risk to doing the alcohol and if you get the only slightly more expensive but purer alcohol you can air dry it (with the aid of a fan and not really have to worry about what is left behind). BHO is something to be careful with but since butane has a low boiling point you can dry it off using an electric hot plate to minimize the risk. At least that's how I was taught.

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
I don’t have a press or away to heat it up but I would love to try that.
You can find presses online for fairly cheap. My first press was actually sold as a clay extruder.

Untitled.jpg

This one is the one I first used and it produces a pressed round of hash about as big around as a dime (thickness is up to you). You can also find bigger ones in most good headshops that are slightly more expensive but let you make rounds about the size of a quarter to half dollar. With the one above you just have to be sure to put two of those inserts together in the end so that there is no path for the resin to be extruded. Below is an example of what the ones in the headshops look like or can be bought online as a pollen press. Also no heat required, you just crank the press as tight as you can then leave it for a few minutes and then untighten if and you should get a round of resin

Untitled2.jpg

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
If you permit me, I have a question for the old farts amongst …specifically it has to do with hash oil from the early to mid 1970s. There was blonde oil which was frequently making rounds east coast Fairfield county Ct…and then once & only once there was this red oil and this is no myth, but it was mythically good, with any of you else fortunate enough to try this back then ? It dramatically expanded in your lungs once you inhaled the vapor … absolutely…. we did it chasing the dragon style, putting a small amount on aluminum foil hitting the underneath with a lighter and then sucking up the vapor with a straw. You only needed a tiny bit & effects were astonishing. I recall the monumental rush, including visuals …I really think there’s something high-tech lab behind it w/ process like an isomerization, or something along those lines. ????
I remember seeing the red hash oil down here in the mid atlantic around that time and got to sample it but never bought any. I heard about blonde oil too but never saw or tried any. The red oil was pretty amazing like you describe. We did it by getting a dab on the end of a straightened paperclip then heat the paper clip to drip the dab onto a bowl of bud. Also did it by wiping dabs onto rolling papers before rolling a joint.

Last edited: