What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

I got some dry ice at the grocery today. Gonna shake out some kief. Wish me luck using Putes recipe again.
Hi Sub, I have my fingers crossed for good luck
1724964887305.png

oldmaninbc

I'm not sure if it's the same thing but my local hospital here in the US in MD, uses an online patient portal system called MyChart and it has made dealing with the hospital, the doctors there and staying up on any test results done thru the hospitsl so much easier. Not only does it give me access to any lab work done going back several years now, but it also keeps a record of my prescriptions that i can easily print off (for new doctor visits), it also keeps me updated on appointments with reminders a day or two in advance. Additionally there is a message system that allows me to communicate with any of my doctors (from the hospital) at anytime if I have questions. There are also other features but the ones mentioned are the ones most useful to me.
Our system, My Health Portal sounds very similar. I was glad my wife and I signed up for it when it became available.

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Hello, have you grown Durban before, I am working up to a seed order and have considered Durban for a daytime medical use. I mostly use cannabis in the evening but at times during the day I like to get busy, get happy and look for a strain that gives me a physical boost, calm on the mind and good for moderate pain that I experience during day hours. Evening hours and my pain levels skyrocket.
Hi Oldman.
No, I've not grown it before. I've some space in the tent and fancied a random one to try.

Have you narrowed down your list on what you may want to order?

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Looks tasty! You can still extract about that much more concentrate from the material after dry sieve, using alcohol or butane.
It’s just in a bucket with the dry ice. I was going to throw it out. I’m afraid of alcohol and butane and heat and making sure I get all that junk out of the product.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Got any link to your recipe?

Easier than bubble hash sounds like a procedure fitted for me.
You put the broken down dry ice in a 5 gallon bucket with your broken down bud. Pull the 220 mesh bag
IMG_3088.jpeg

down over the bucket.....all the way down so the screen covers the top of the bucket evenly. Then shake the bucket for 30 seconds or so and then turn it over and shake it out on a flat (glass) surface and shake it. Boom.....kief. Do this 3 times. I use 5 or 6 lbs of dry ice and approximately 8 oz of sugar leaves and popcorn buds. You should get an ample supply of kief.

these are the directions Pute gave me a couple years back. This is the forth time I’ve made it.

oldmaninbc

So I’m kinda afraid of alcohol and butane and heat and also not getting all of it out of the end product. I need to hang out with one of yall as an apprentice first
I dropped by a friends house one day and he looked panicked. He took me down into his basement and showed me the charred ceiling boards. He had been making oil and did something to set the underside of his kitchen floor on fire. It was charred a couple of inches into the wood. He said he had been up all night afraid to go to sleep because of what he did. I don't know if he was being absent minded or what, but it scared the dickens out of him.

I have made small quantities of oil and never a problem. Actually tomorrow I am going to start to evaporate a few years worth of solvent from cleaning out my grinder. It gets this hash like build up every couple of months and needs to be cleaned out. I have a basic understanding but will take GW's advice in getting it down to a useable product.