What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
PLEASE To gain 10% of your life back from trimming is worth it.
Maybe ok for the lower buds and larf. I don’t hate trimming that much and I think I like my way which sounds similar to Putes except I don’t hang them up I lay them on a rack and rotate also maintaining as close to 60% as I can. That’s not always possible. But I do like the way the buds look better when they are hand trimmed. i may change my mind when all of a sudden everything is ready at once come October tho. The jury is still out tho on the bowl trimmer.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Which rotating trimmed are you using @SubGirl ? Is this the original tumble trimmer?

I've seen spider farmer is selling their product for less.
This one is the ipower 16”. I got it for a deal for 50 bucks no shipping. They said it was a floor model. It was clean and unused when I got it. It will never be that clean again 🤣 it worked better than I thought it would. It’s got a real sharp blade.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
But I do like the way the buds look better when they are hand trimmed. i may change my mind when all of a sudden everything is ready at once come October tho. The jury is still out tho on the bowl trimmer.
Agree. I try and time it so I do one plant a day. Today Chem 91, tomorrow High Chew, then Bruce Banner and finally another Bruce Banner. Keep in mind this is just chopping and hanging....the real work starts in a week once the have dried.

I will be busy but not overwhelmed. It's all about bag appeal.....Like Bigs coffee girls.....all you have to do is look at it.....irresistible.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I think they do less damage when using with wet bud !!!!!!!

‘see all those hairs and trichromes when you scope it. I like those little hairs left on my weed. It looks a lot sexier to me. I scoped what the trimmer cut off and yes you do lose trichomes when you use this process. I will use this of course in my dry ice kief I will be making soon but would rather it be on the weed.
I should have rolled up a whole Marley of those hairs to see if they get you stoned.
IMG_0402.jpeg

kevinn

well I can tell you it’s much quicker. I’m not use to cutting my buds off the stem. This made for a pile of sticky wet buds I’m not use to. I usually do a wet trim on the stem and let it dry on a rack. I then debone it from the stem prior to putting it in jars. I only took the big leaves off. It did a good job getting the majority of the buds trimmed and perfectly acceptable for our taste.
what it looked like going in…
View attachment 19049778

a picture with it together. It didn’t take many turns and the blade is really sharp.
View attachment 19049779
the finished product. See, not too bad
View attachment 19049780
How many turns in each direction ??? And was this wet or dry ???

oldmaninbc

If you wear it in your car or to bed I am absolutely saying that.
I have good reasons for wearing a mask when I feel I need to, under some circumstances,
but bed and my car , hell no.

When I sat beside my dying wife in the ICU because of pneumonia that changed something in me. Having asbestosis and pleural plaques changed me.

I just do my best to get by with as little extra pain as I can avoid and to be able to function without human or mechanical aid, the same goes for my wife who has several serious health issues. I would due whatever is necessary to protect my wife, if it means wearing a mask so be it. I do it out of love and self-protection. None of it has anything to do with my fortitude, which by the way is ample.

Life can be tough and I do my best, just like you.:)

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I have good reasons for wearing a mask when I feel I need to, under some circumstances,
but bed and my car , hell no.

When I sat beside my dying wife in the ICU because of pneumonia that changed something in me. Having asbestosis and pleural plaques changed me.

I just do my best to get by with as little extra pain as I can avoid and to be able to function without human or mechanical aid, the same goes for my wife who has several serious health issues. I would due whatever is necessary to protect my wife, if it means wearing a mask so be it. I do it out of love and self-protection. None of it has anything to do with my fortitude, which by the way is ample.

Life can be tough and I do my best, just like you.:)
Understood and apologize for my comet. You have special circumstances and it was rude of me to not consider that.

I was referring to perfectly healthy individuals wearing a mask while riding a bike or driving.....even in their own house.

I am dropping the subject as it was a mistake on my part.

Unca Walt

420club
@oldmaninbc it's 9am Pacific time
Ground turkey thawing for hamburger helper tonight. Couple yellow squash too. Nothing on television...NBC animal babies. They're on hippos. Oh cool a random bird walked by with long legs inspecting things
That triggered sumpin' from the Olden Days when I was learning Mandarin:

Chinese folks have a hard time with words like "ground". <-- As in an electrical circuit? Or ground to grow things in? Or ground turkey? Or well-grounded in some subject? A defined area to play in?

The above cogi-matation is @Boo's Finest at work. While I am on the subject:

In one hour, I will resume my culinary hoo-hah Lobster Bisque. This stuff is NOT good for you. I am hiding right now becuz I am nervous about making the roux. <-- It has gotta be brown, but not burnt.

Unca Walt

420club
‘see all those hairs and trichromes when you scope it. I like those little hairs left on my weed. It looks a lot sexier to me. I scoped what the trimmer cut off and yes you do lose trichomes when you use this process. I will use this of course in my dry ice kief I will be making soon but would rather it be on the weed.
I should have rolled up a whole Marley of those hairs to see if they get you stoned.
View attachment 19049811
I always wanted to ask if those little hairs had goodness in them.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
That triggered sumpin' from the Olden Days when I was learning Mandarin:

Chinese folks have a hard time with words like "ground". <-- As in an electrical circuit? Or ground to grow things in? Or ground turkey? Or well-grounded in some subject? A defined area to play in?

The above cogi-matation is @Boo's Finest at work. While I am on the subject:

In one hour, I will resume my culinary hoo-hah Lobster Bisque. This stuff is NOT good for you. I am hiding right now becuz I am nervous about making the roux. <-- It has gotta be brown, but not burnt.
Xie xie. Shangwu hao

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I see masks all the time here…..afraid of there own shadow….when it was required I made them give me a mask… or I would wear a buff simply pull it up then right back down….
I had a friend that tried to enter a store once without a mask and some store employee intercepted him at the door saying he couldn't enter without a mask. So he went back to his truck where he happened to have his son's Halloween mask from the previous year, with was a full head rubber werewolf mask. He put that on and went right back in the store and the employee who stopped him before couldn't argue that he wasn't complying with their rules and let him come in. :biggrin:

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
How many turns in each direction ??? And was this wet or dry ???
10 clockwise and 4 counter. Wet, in fact super wet sticky
I always wanted to ask if those little hairs had goodness in them.
im not sure if they do or not. Not all my herb has them some strains do tho for me anyways. They will get smoked tho kief style.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Agree. I try and time it so I do one plant a day. Today Chem 91, tomorrow High Chew, then Bruce Banner and finally another Bruce Banner. Keep in mind this is just chopping and hanging....the real work starts in a week once the have dried.

I will be busy but not overwhelmed. It's all about bag appeal.....Like Bigs coffee girls.....all you have to do is look at it.....irresistible.
I can’t argue with you. I do prefer to smoke pretty weed. It kinda adds to the buzz for me to be smoking a beautiful bud. My jars are all different depending the way they turn out. The hash plant I grew, I left all the beautiful white loaded sugar leaves right on the bud. They hugged it good and look way different in the jar. I just couldn’t trim them away. 🙂

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Hello Hempkat, I have used mostly nothing but mostly organics. My grandpa H taught me about gardening when I was around 12 I spent several years learning from him. He used nothing but natural materials. My flower beds will sometimes get chemical fertilizer, but nothing I consume.

My problem is old age and numerous health problems that make mixing up bags of dirt very difficult. I don't want to hurt any of my degenerative bone disease issues, that could mean weeks of therapy and possibly any grow I have going on would be finished.

The bags of soil I bought yesterday are certified organic by the proper organization. I only use kelp, bone, blood, greensand, powdered rock and wood ash. That's what I have been doing for the full 50+ years of growing.

Like I say my biggest issue is finding ways to do things that don't physically hurt me or cause me to lose my breath because of lung disease. Even bending over is challenging to me because soon as I squeeze my lungs I lose my breath, become very dizzy and possibly cause lung pain.

Even with the added work I still keep up with organics the best I can.
Your right organics is the way.
Well I said that mainly because that's all the FoxFarms stuff is really, soil mixed with organics but it sure is pricey for what you get IMHO. I know mixing up your own organics isn't too pricey unless you go overboard with it. Just add some bone and blood meal, some worm castings, a bit of dolomite lime, some guano or whatever else you feel is best and you're good to go with something that is at least as good if not better and at a better price gallon for gallon. I just kind of hate hearing when someone uses that expensive pre-made stuff especially having seen many run into troubles using some of the FoxFarms stuff. (Happy Frog I think is the one I hear most people struggle with) so I was just encouraging you to do your own thing but I forgot how bad your health problems are. To be honest I've bought generic soil claiming to have organic nutrients already in it and used that with only adding a bit of dolomite lime and perlite and it worked just fine.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
It looks like the trimmer did a great job for you Subbie… it does excellent on white flowers, but I’ve noticed when I do dry flowers I see a lot more keys on the walls of the bowl… I do the same thing when I spin my handle, about a dozen terms forward in about four backward, usually get them where I want them