What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
10 clockwise and 4 counter. Wet, in fact super wet sticky

im not sure if they do or not. Not all my herb has them some strains do tho for me anyways. They will get smoked tho kief style.
I seem to recall reading somewhere that if you trimmed off just the hairs and smoked them there isn't much high in them exccept for maybe a few triches coming off with the hairs. I never tried it to verify that information though.

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

Well I said that mainly because that's all the FoxFarms stuff is really, soil mixed with organics but it sure is pricey for what you get IMHO. I know mixing up your own organics isn't too pricey unless you go overboard with it. Just add some bone and blood meal, some worm castings, a bit of dolomite lime, some guano or whatever else you feel is best and you're good to go with something that is at least as good if not better and at a better price gallon for gallon. I just kind of hate hearing when someone uses that expensive pre-made stuff especially having seen many run into troubles using some of the FoxFarms stuff. (Happy Frog I think is the one I hear most people struggle with) so I was just encouraging you to do your own thing but I forgot how bad your health problems are. To be honest I've bought generic soil claiming to have organic nutrients already in it and used that with only adding a bit of dolomite lime and perlite and it worked just fine.
I paid probably about the same price as I would for Fox Farm but when you look at the quality of the Sea Soil I would have to say you get more bang for your buck. The Sea Soil Compost is aged for about 2 years before going on the market and smells like sweet earth. The owner of the company says he plants his tomatoes in containers with Sea Soil and never adds anything for the entire grow.
The salesman told me that this what is popular with cannabis growers, so I will give it a try and hope for the best. Fox Farm never smells like soil. I will add some earth Worm Castings, as well.

I will treat the new Sea Soil like FF add some perlite as it is dense I will probably had some dolomite but I need to question that. The salesman says there is no need to add extra fertilizer at the start and grow in it as you would with FF.

Hopefully it all works out, you will see photos of the grow.

Hope your day is going well.

oldmaninbc

If it works for you it works for me. Good job.

I tend to trim a bit different. First leave on the stems. Then cut off all the fan leaves and most of the sugar leaves. Sometimes if I have time I even go after the smaller sugar leaves. Then I hang it total darkness until the stem holding the bud snaps when you bend it back. Usually 6 to 8 days. I start the humidity at 60% and let it slowly drop to 50%.

Then I de-bone and if done right all you have to do is touch the sugar leaves with your scissors and the sugar leaf breaks off at its base. This completely gets rid of all chlorophyll as sugar leaves contain chlorophyll which is harsh and hot to the back of the throat. Then into a sack for 24 to 48 hrs. I can tell by the touch when the buds are ready for jars.

IMO curing is just as important as the growing technique. From there it is a spongy.....crispy kind of thing. I try and cure for 30 days if I can.

View attachment 19049803

View attachment 19049804
That's exactly the same way I process my harvest. Works well for me, since I am the only one using the cannabis, I dont get any complaints usually.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I put on cologne but I like my Old Spice better
IMG_3045.gif