What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Yeah, I've seen them over on FC forum. Folks seem to really like them.

I was going to buy a coil to fit this one or one of my elev8r nubby heaters through the flowerpot I don't use. But I keep getting sidetracked. I may look into it more.

That Solo3 has become the daily driver BTW. It's great. I fancied a change tonight and now I;m a bit wonky. :good:
I ran a coiled Elev8r for a while but found it lagged with consistent heat unless balled then it was too restricted for me........ballz.
😆
Really haven't looked at much else since the zeal came out that thing scratches all my itches.

oldmaninbc

You know, now would be the perfect time to start learning how to make your own organic blend. :biggrin:
Hello Hempkat, I have used mostly nothing but mostly organics. My grandpa H taught me about gardening when I was around 12 I spent several years learning from him. He used nothing but natural materials. My flower beds will sometimes get chemical fertilizer, but nothing I consume.

My problem is old age and numerous health problems that make mixing up bags of dirt very difficult. I don't want to hurt any of my degenerative bone disease issues, that could mean weeks of therapy and possibly any grow I have going on would be finished.

The bags of soil I bought yesterday are certified organic by the proper organization. I only use kelp, bone, blood, greensand, powdered rock and wood ash. That's what I have been doing for the full 50+ years of growing.

Like I say my biggest issue is finding ways to do things that don't physically hurt me or cause me to lose my breath because of lung disease. Even bending over is challenging to me because soon as I squeeze my lungs I lose my breath, become very dizzy and possibly cause lung pain.

Even with the added work I still keep up with organics the best I can.
Your right organics is the way.

Magu🌈

On a train from Clapham Junction to Pulborough - to go to my sisters and her husbands joint birthday parties 🥳 - he's 80 years old yesterday and she's 63 years old on the 21st August - travelling with the dog 2 teenage kids and the Mrs - it's a big adventure for Loki the PomShitzPoo mutt pup - but he seems to like train travel - so far -
View attachment 19049664
Have a great visit @Gypsy Nirvana ! Tell your sister that the “old farts” said hey. 😁

oldmaninbc

Wow big price difference here at Walmart most of the more popular brands of bacon are right around $5 per pound at normal every day prices.
Difference in the price of bacon. The last bacon purchase was great from $17.00kg dollars to $12.00kg that worked out to $5.45 a lb.

Walmart does offer good pricing on things but it's always about the sales.

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

@oldmaninbc it's 9am Pacific time
Ground turkey thawing for hamburger helper tonight. Couple yellow squash too. Nothing on television...NBC animal babies. They're on hippos. Oh cool a random bird walked by with long legs inspecting things
I like the Animal Babies show. In the spring I use to take my son to the Game farm to see the spring born babies. That's the way having the meal planned out, I procrastinate at times then scramble to come up with something.

Good day to you DB

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
No, I understand and your reluctance is perfectly normal for someone that has only known hand trimmed aka manicured buds. I've never tried one of those either (although often wished I could to speed up the harvest) I would be just as skeptical as you. That being said most people that I've seen post about using them all seem to really like them.

well I can tell you it’s much quicker. I’m not use to cutting my buds off the stem. This made for a pile of sticky wet buds I’m not use to. I usually do a wet trim on the stem and let it dry on a rack. I then debone it from the stem prior to putting it in jars. I only took the big leaves off. It did a good job getting the majority of the buds trimmed and perfectly acceptable for our taste.
what it looked like going in…
IMG_0398.jpeg

a picture with it together. It didn’t take many turns and the blade is really sharp.
IMG_0399.jpeg

the finished product. See, not too bad
IMG_0400.jpeg

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK -- One more washer-biter to relate. I dunno if you are familiar with Boca Raton Airplane Patch, but it is was uncontrolled and very frequently there were really strong winds from the ocean at 90deg to the runway.

Well, it wasn't too bad when I took my mama up in a rented Cessna 152 "21Hotel". We flew out over the swamp and saw the always-paired bomb craters, and other kewl stuff.

Awright time to go back to Boca. I was heading to enter the pattern, and I saw the wind had gotten up... to about 25-30mph crosswind. Jeez.

Curdled my sperm.

My mama was having a wonderful time exclaiming how much different things looked sideways from the air... while I was pinching those washers from the seat.

I came in at 60, with the left wheel only touching, and the wingtip a foot or so from real trubble. Managed to bleed off enough speed eventually to get off the runway. Footnote: IIRC Boca runway is tad over a mile. And of course, a Spam Can can land in 500 feet.

But I used half the length of that runway that day.
That 0.1% sheer terror really makes flying interesting, doesn't it.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
IMG_0404.jpeg
IMG_0402.jpeg
well I can tell you it’s much quicker. I’m not use to cutting my buds off the stem. This made for a pile of sticky wet buds I’m not use to. I usually do a wet trim on the stem and let it dry on a rack. I then debone it from the stem prior to putting it in jars. I only took the big leaves off. It did a good job getting the majority of the buds trimmed and perfectly acceptable for our taste.
View attachment 19049778

a picture with it together. It didn’t take many turns and the blade is really sharp.
View attachment 19049779
View attachment 19049780

although it did make easy trimming especially for the larf. I hate trimming larf and usually toss it in the kief bin. It does seem to knock a lot of goodies off the buds into the kief area.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
View attachment 19049778

View attachment 19049779
View attachment 19049780
If it works for you it works for me. Good job.

I tend to trim a bit different. First leave on the stems. Then cut off all the fan leaves and most of the sugar leaves. Sometimes if I have time I even go after the smaller sugar leaves. Then I hang it total darkness until the stem holding the bud snaps when you bend it back. Usually 6 to 8 days. I start the humidity at 60% and let it slowly drop to 50%.

Then I de-bone and if done right all you have to do is touch the sugar leaves with your scissors and the sugar leaf breaks off at its base. This completely gets rid of all chlorophyll as sugar leaves contain chlorophyll which is harsh and hot to the back of the throat. Then into a sack for 24 to 48 hrs. I can tell by the touch when the buds are ready for jars.

IMO curing is just as important as the growing technique. From there it is a spongy.....crispy kind of thing. I try and cure for 30 days if I can.

296754-74013.jpeg

296738-20200125-131028.jpeg

jokerman

Premium user
View attachment 19049778

View attachment 19049779
View attachment 19049780
PLEASE To gain 10% of your life back from trimming is worth it.