What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldfogey8

IMG_3938.jpeg
IMG_3933.jpeg
IMG_3940.jpeg

oldmaninbc

I've had loads of flu jabs, had pneumonia during that flu pandemic in 2000ish and always had them yearly until I had a corvid jab and that nearly killed me. I blacked out on my way to bed about 3 hours after having it, then all night my Heart was at over 150bpm ... ALL night.
Anyway, it put me off getting jabbed for flu again and guess what I got last Xmas??? Flu. :biglaugh: I'd dodged it for the last 20odd years, then the 1 year I don't have my flu shot... Meh. anyway.

Each to their own.

I wore a mask, but it's more a hanky folded in half like a cowboy bank robber.
The good thing about covering your mouth and nose is you can mouth words at people. I liked calling folks "wankers" just gotta remember not to say it out loud and just pretend to say it out loud.
At my age and health conditions, the flu is not welcome, the last time I had it was over twenty years ago. They called it the Australian Flu. I was so sick my hair hurt. Now, it's easy for me to think of the fragile nature of my health, the asbestosis playing hell on my immune system and try to protect myself and my wife who has serious health issues, she also takes immune suppressant drugs.

Now there are 2 people in the home with chronic lung disease. When my wife had covid it wasn't too intense, I never caught it but I kept my distance. If I went into her room I would wear a mask but around everywhere else no mask. I also asked her if I could have 1 room she did not go in, she agreed. We try to protect each other.
I can see how your reaction to the vaccine would put you off. It would me. Since my wife moved here from Texas about 25 years ago, I have had numerous vaccines fortunately with no ill effects.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Does the wonky eyesight make getting around awkward?

Yep, things are fine,

Feeling very fatigued today. It will be an early night.
It’s a little different and takes some getting use to but I can see street signs now so I feel better about driving. still haven’t been out at night so I don’t know how lights will be. My right eye is still dilated so I have a few more days to see just how I will see.
‘Hope you get some rest tonight. Sweet dreams 🥰✌️