What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldfogey8

I went a different route. I attacked. This is the mask I wore:

View attachment 19049725
Feel free to copy it and resize it to your own needs.
This was my mask for a while. My wife didnā€™t think it was funny until she saw the looks of people offended by itā€¦
IMG_8414.jpeg

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Had to go to the city this morning and get some indoor garden supplies before there is a lack of inventory.
Over the last several years I have been using Fox Farm Ocean Forest but our grow store closed down in the spring. No where else to get here. So had to go looking for an alternative, the guy at the nursery told me this is what most cannabis growers are buying. As much as I dislike having to start with a new soil, it is what it is.

I will treat the new soil the same way I did with FFOF, see what happens.
View attachment 19049427
You know, now would be the perfect time to start learning how to make your own organic blend. :biggrin:

HempKat

Veteran
I didnā€™t want to use it on all the top colas. But they are out of the tent now and just a few larf ones and this lower bud to trim. I figured id use it on the lower budsā€¦

this is what I was gonna use it on. The not so pretty budsā€¦
View attachment 19049428
Those buds look pretty darn pretty to me. I know everyone treats their colas like it's so much better then lower buds but if you think about it cola's are basically just a bunch of lower buds clumped closer together. :biggrin:

Last edited:

SubGirl

Premium user
āœ“
420club
Those buds look pretty darn pretty to me. I know everyone treats their colas lik it's so much better then lower buds but if you think about it cola's are basically just a bunch of lower buds clumped closer together. :biggrin:
The tops were just so easy to trim. I didnā€™t want to lose any of the nice goodies in the bowl trimmer. I was saving these lower buds to try it out. Iā€™ve not used it yet and donā€™t really care about bag appeal but just am not convinced yet that the buds would not lose something going through that torture šŸ˜Š. I do plan to use it soon tho maybe even today depending on whatā€™s going on here and will post it on my garden page and maybe a quick pic on this thread too

HempKat

Veteran
The Fuente Don Carlos has the same black fill in on the label as the signature series. The Hemingway Short Story is the smallest, and a spicy 20 minute cigar Pyramid shape, like the 6 inch or so Signature. There is a bigger one, but it is a jump. Their basic Churchhill is another good one from Fuente. I can not think of the name of the Don Carlos, but it is about 6 inches and a fat one. 50 ring If I remember...
Too bad there isn't a Carlos Castaneda brand, I bet that would would be popular. :biggrin:

Last edited:

jokerman

Premium user
Well ,this morning I got a vision of corn muffins come to me in a dream.
I know when God speaks to me so I listened.
Made enough for 12 jumbo muffins
Put in the oven @ 400 degrees ,wait 10 min for even heat.
There was a fight that occurred between both silicone muffin pans.
When it was all over with ,damage had occured.
I asked how it happened and who started it.
No reply
After 5 minutes of a interrogation ,I ate it
1723908750219.jpeg

SubGirl

Premium user
āœ“
420club
Made the wife ill for a week the first one second one she only cried for a few days.
I skipped that one as well due to my atypical reaction to medication so far.
I got shingles when I first moved to Georgia in my 30s. Maybe the stress of the whole move Iā€™m not sure but it was not fun. I have had three separate prescriptions for it and never cashed them in too afraid to take it. Iā€™ve only taken the flu vax once which was in my 20s. Got sick enough to have to move in with my mom for a week to take care of me. I did take the first two Covid vacs as I was taking care of my SIL who had cancer and his doc suggested it. Even tho I had not planned to go near it, I did it for him and his family. I would have given him a lung Or traded my old life for his young one at the time. Mr sub or I have never got covid so far and Iā€™m knocking on wood now but we have not been in many crowds at all since Covid. Iā€™ve only been sick once since Covid last year Mr sub brought home a cold from the elementary school where he volunteered and I had a cough for 3 months but I am prone to respiratory issues. So Iā€™m still afraid to try the shingles vax to answer your question.

SubGirl

Premium user
āœ“
420club
Well ,this morning I got a vision of corn muffins come to me in a dream.
I know when God speaks to me so I listened.
Made enough for 12 jumbo muffins
Put in the oven @ 400 degrees ,wait 10 min for even heat.
There was a fight that occurred between both silicone muffin pans.
When it was all over with ,damage had occured.
I asked how it happened and who started it.
No reply
After 5 minutes of a interrogation ,I ate it
View attachment 19049743
You gotta eat the ugly ones right away I always say.

HempKat

Veteran
The tops were just so easy to trim. I didnā€™t want to lose any of the nice goodies in the bowl trimmer. I was saving these lower buds to try it out. Iā€™ve not used it yet and donā€™t really care about bag appeal but just am not convinced yet that the buds would not lose something going through that torture šŸ˜Š. I do plan to use it soon tho maybe even today depending on whatā€™s going on here and will post it on my garden page and maybe a quick pic on this thread too
No, I understand and your reluctance is perfectly normal for someone that has only known hand trimmed aka manicured buds. I've never tried one of those either (although often wished I could to speed up the harvest) I would be just as skeptical as you. That being said most people that I've seen post about using them all seem to really like them.

Latest posts

Latest posts