What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
🌭HotDog - Hot Day 🔥 - so Loki had a bucket bath - then got the mad Zoomies - now he's wet - and ready to go to the vet - for some shots - it's a 20 minute walk in the sunshine to get there - and he's all cooled down now - and ready to go - he will dry off on the way -
View attachment 19047563
What did I do? Why are they doing this?

Zivilpolizist

✓
Veteran
I don't have any advice for that. I pay taxes on everything. It is just easier (for me) that way. And, with half a dozen properties, there is no place to run and hide. I read somewhere that if everyone just paid 10%,, similar to a flat tax (including corporations), then we could become deficit free in less than 10 years time. The rich don't want that equity system though. They want to pay nothing. Just look at our ex-president. He paid zero taxes for decades of time, and flies around on his jet, eating hamburgers, and french fries all day. Some actually do want to pay, like Warren Buffett. The corporate top tier tax rate is 21%,, but most of the large corporations pay factually zero. Up until 2017 the top tier rate was 35%, and some were actually contributing. Simply the gutting of the middle class. Where you and I pay.

It feels like they are like "Screw those working class idiots" all over the world 😅

Everybody knows german taxes are outrageous. But here it's also the rich who don't pay that much taxes. Without any special tricks.

You have to pay 42% of your income as taxes if you earn 75.000$ or more per year.
On gains from investments in capital markets there is "only" 25% tax flat.
No matter how many millions you earn from that.

Then there is this thing called "Kurzarbeit" which is a temporary reduction in working hours due to a lack of orders. Tax payers will compensate the lesser income of these workers for a certain amount of time.

For example this happend at BMW in 2020.
After that year more than 1.200.000.000$ dividend was given to shareholders, of which 500.000.000$ went directly into the pocket of one of Germanys richest families.

Thanks to the great social state making sure those poor workers at BMW didn't get unemployed...

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Move to Denver…..you will change your mind….multiple killings every dsy.
Well see, that's the thing, I wouldn't move to a big city especially one like Denver. I would do like you and move more out in the suburban or better yet rural areas where you're less likely to find crime. Red or Blue states with big cities all have higher crime rates in their big cities, so it's not so much due to politics usually as it is due to other factors. I'm not saying that the policies of political parties don't have an impact but they don't necessarily effect the entire state, in fact it seems more like they rarely do. Even in areas with high crime rates there are typically neighborhoods better then others. As the popular phrase in real estate goes "It's all about location, location, location."

The city I live in now, is a more sort of rural city. It's a fair size (population approx. 38,000) for the part of the state I live in but it feels kind rural once you get outside the downtown area. Anyway there are parts of the city with a persstently high crime rate but then other areas where it's consistent low to no crime. When I moved here I did my due diligence on what were the best neighborhoods to live in. The one I picked is a neighborhood of mostly older retired folks in my age range with a few young families sprinkled here and there. In the 23 years I lived here the only crime I personally experienced was one time an individual or small group of young people decided it would be great fun to vandalize several homes by breaking the lampost lights in the front yard and/or breaking any of those solar lights that people tend to line their walks with. That's it though, no shootiings, no burglaries, no muggings, no break ins , not even evidence of drug activity or homeless camps and no it's not one of those fancy gated communities with their own private security. In the bad parts of town there's all that stuff happening though, on a weekly if not a near nightly basis.

The part of the state I'm in is considered very conservative but the state overall is considered solidly blue. The liberal policies that contribute to the crime problem in the bad parts of town mainly has to do with law enforcement and the courts being too lienient with crime commited by juveniles. In my neighborhood there are very few juveniles or children so this neighborhood isn't really impacted by the soft on juvenile crime policies of the State.

Last edited:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Well see, that's the thing, I wouldn't move to a big city especially one like Denver. I would do like you and move more out in the suburban or better yet rural areas where you're less likely to find crime. Reed or Blue states with big cities all have higher crime rates in their big cities, so it's not so much due to politics usually as it is due to other factors. I'm not saying that the policies of political parties don't have an impact but they don't necessarily effffect the entire state, in fact it seems more like they rarely do. Even in areas with high crime rates there are typically neighborhoods better then others. As the popular phrase in real estate goes "It's all about location, location, location."

The city I live in now, is a more sort of rural city. It's a fair size (population approx. 38,000) for the part of the state I live in but it feels kind rural once you get outside the downtown area. Anyway there are parts of the city with a persstently high crime rate but then other areas where it's consistent low to no crime. When I moved here I did my due diligence on what were the best neighborhoods to live in. The one I picked is a neighborhood of mostly older retired folks in my age range with a few young families sprinkled here and there. In the 23 years I lived here the only crime I personally experienced was one time an individual oor small group of young people decided it would be great fun to vandalize several homes by breaking the lampost lights in the front yard and/or breaking any of those solar lights that people tend to line their walks with. That's it though, no shootiings, no burglaries, no muggings, no break ins , not even evidency of drug activity or homeless camps and no it's not one of those fancy gated communities with their own private security. In the bad parts of town there's all that stuff happening though, on a weekly if not a near nightly basis.

The part of the state I'm in is considered very conservative but the state overall is considered solidly blue. The liberal policies that contribute to the crime problem in the bad parts of town mainly has to do with law enforcement and the courts being too lienient with crime commited by juveniles. In my neighborhood there are very few juveniles or children so this neighborhood isn't really impacted by the soft on juvenile crime policies of the State.
What state?

HempKat

Veteran
Yes, we have a few RC shops around this island, I still have to order stuff and have it delivered, but that's normally a couple of days turnaround.
Same with growing dope, the hydroponic shops are all more than a 4 hour round trip for me so I have to get my stuff delivered or wait until the wife goes into the office in the city and she grabs me a few bags of mud or coir.

I called the place that sold me the little truck this morning and no questions asked, they said they'd get the supplier to send me a new servo for the truck. I think they know how plastic n cheap the ready to ride kits are out of the box.

It's been fun building the little rock course in the garden and playing on it. That's how I killed this steering servo. The small truck 1/24th scale, was a test to see if I liked it before spending all my pocket money on a 1/10 scale one.

View attachment 19047550 View attachment 19047551
Cool, that's great of the store to take care of for you, sounds like they're almost offering a sort of warranty policy. That's pretty rare for those cheaper RC toys, at least here in the States. Wise move to test out whether it's worth it or not on the cheaper, smaller options, those 1/10 ones can be kind of pricey but they're also usually sturdier and a lot more fun too.

Last edited:

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Cool, that's great of the store to take care of for you, sounds like they're almost offering a sort of warranty policy. That's pretty rare for thos cheaper RC toys, at leadt here in the States. Wise move to test out whether it's worth it or not on the cheaper, smaller options, those 1/10 ones can be kind of pricey but they're alsso usually sturdies and a lot more fun too.
Yes, i only really called to see if they could suggest a servo not made of butter. But I'm real happy he couldn't and is getting me a new one sent.
I think I'm going to like the scale side of this hobby, I loved making and painting the airfix planes as a kid.
Did you guys in the Americas have Airfix?
I have discovered though that my eyesight is pretty piss poor even with my glasses fiddling around with these 1.5mm screws, so I need one of the magnifiers with a light.

My birthday on Sunday and I have been making noise to the wife about a 1/10 scale, I hope she's done the dirty with Santa.

SubGirl

Premium user
✓
420club
Trimming again in the Cap Junky tent. These buds look pretty nice but there are some fluff left in the tent along with the lower buds that I plan to try out the bowl trimmer on. Couldn’t see putting these easy trimmers in the bud trimmer taking a chance on losing all the goodies from them. They are very sticky and pretty heavy unlike the larf left.
IMG_0370.jpeg
IMG_0368.jpeg
IMG_0373.jpeg

HempKat

Veteran
It was a friend of my dad's.

They were weirdos, into flying falcons and keeping snakes n stuff. Last time I went there he had an albino crow he'd raised. The fox was cool though, I wanted one as a pet but got a mouse instead.
My dad still keeps a peregrine, he's just bred from her and got 2 chicks, male n female, so he'll fly her over the autumn and winter and pop her back in for breeding next year, she was a real good mom apparently.

I'll stick to my sheepdog, no quirky pets for me anymore. I did have a grass snake once, and a pet kestrel with a broken leg that lived in my bedroom. That got stinky quite soon and I kinda gave up on animals till at university when we had a pet rat. I blame the LSD for that one.
The mouse was probably a better choice, I hear that although they seem very similar to dogs, foxes can be quite difficult to domesticate and they require above average care for a household pet. I used to watch a YouTube channel that focused on this guy who had a pet fox and all the trials, tribulations and joys it was owning one. Now his he raised and kept mostly indoors which made it more challenging. His fox was always getting into mischief and had a fondness for stealing things and hiding them, like his owner's car keys. Since it's not like you can go to a Petsmart and buy bags of dried kibble or cans of wet food for foxes he had to go to a fair amount of trouble to provide his fox with a well rounded diet. One of the things that suprised me most was that his fox had a fondness for small fruits like grapes and various berries. He especially liked blueberries and reacted to them like they were a wonderful treat. His owner would stand on the other side of the room and toss him blueberries one at a time which the fox would happily catch. Watching him and the relationship he built with his fox it seemed like it would make a great pet but even his owner would regularly stress in his videos that owning a fox and especially keeping it indoors was not for the faint of heart and should probably be avoided. If one had an enclosed outdoor space that was set up properly he indicated was a better way to go but overall should still probably be avoided.

Last edited:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Maryland, right next door to Subbies State.
Never been there. Actually never been anywhere near the North East. In my business I traveled extensively. I was in a group where we shared our finical statements, Ideas and how to improve the profitability of our dealerships.

We got together 3 times a year for a long weekend. Every time we went to a different city. Mostly the west coast or Southern Florida. Sometimes we went to cold weather locations to ski. Colo and Utah as well.
Used to love San Fransisco plus it was where our National Headquarters was located. (Pleasanton) I hear now I hear it is a shit hole and not safe to go there.

Loved the North West as well. Portland, Seattle and Vancouver. Don't know about Vancouver but from what I hear from Gray Wolf they are now a mess as well.

Don't understand. Denver along with those cities are now not safe and people are leaving in droves.....Why was/is this allowed. Where is this going and what is the future of these once beautiful cities?

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Trimming again in the Cap Junky tent. These buds look pretty nice but there are some fluff left in the tent along with the lower buds that I plan to try out the bowl trimmer on. Couldn’t see putting these easy trimmers in the bud trimmer taking a chance on losing all the goodies from them. They are very sticky and pretty heavy unlike the larf left.
View attachment 19047615 View attachment 19047614 View attachment 19047616
Great work as usual Subby. I am right behind you.....6 plants to harvest very soon. I spent time today up-potting my next run......a perpetual grow means there is never a day of rest.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
It feels like they are like "Screw those working class idiots" all over the world 😅

Everybody knows german taxes are outrageous. But here it's also the rich who don't pay that much taxes. Without any special tricks.

You have to pay 42% of your income as taxes if you earn 75.000$ or more per year.
On gains from investments in capital markets there is "only" 25% tax flat.
No matter how many millions you earn from that.

Then there is this thing called "Kurzarbeit" which is a temporary reduction in working hours due to a lack of orders. Tax payers will compensate the lesser income of these workers for a certain amount of time.

For example this happend at BMW in 2020.
After that year more than 1.200.000.000$ dividend was given to shareholders, of which 500.000.000$ went directly into the pocket of one of Germanys richest families.

Thanks to the great social state making sure those poor workers at BMW didn't get unemployed...
Yup Zivi, been going on in Europe for a long time .....just started getting bad here. The gov't says they want to help the middle class but in reality the opposite it taking place. Reparations and illegal immigrants are screwing the middle class. Funny, without the middle class the county will collapse.