What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
You sure about this?
I can't say that I'm 100% sure because I'm no expert on physical fitness and exercise. That being said in all my research on exercise the consensus seems to be for maximum benefits you want a period of about 1.5 hours woth of steady heart pumping exercise for burning off lots of calories to lose excess weight. Now in my own case I was walking 5 miles per day and during the time I did that I lost a total of 75 lbs in about 6-8 months time. At the pace I walked it took me about 1.5 hours to complete 5 miles and at the end I would feel that I had exercised, I would be sweating and my heart rate would be elevated. So my own experience seem to suppoort what my research was telling me. Now I never put it to the test by breaking it up into 2 seperate walks of 2.5 miles. What I can say though is that by the time I hit the 2.5 mile mark during my walk I wouldn't be breaking much of a sweat (unless it was really hot out) nor would I feel tired and like I had a good bit of exercise. So it seems likely to me that if I did break it up into 2 walks of 2.5 miles with a long period of rest inbetween that the benefits in terms of weight loss would have been less. It's also worth noting that during this time when I was walking 5 miles per day, I didn't engage in any other form of exercise (not counting normal daily activity maintaining my yard and home). I also didn't make any changes to my diet which still included many items generally discouraged for people trying to lose weight. I was operating on the assumption of if I kept my caloric intake the same as it had been for the years that I became overweight, but increased the number of calories I was burning, then I should lose weight based on the idea that if you burn more calories then you consume, you'll lose weight. This proved to be true.

Now it's important to note also that everyone is different, we have different metabolisms and such that some might need more time exercising to burn off more calories then they consume, while others might need a little less.. Again though in a general sense the consensus from my research was that a period of 90 minutes of sustained activity was the ideal point to shoot for.

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
Yea. That would be a poizen pill for sure. Take it from my older (gone) friend from my congregation. Sad O'l Pute!
Fer me, Green, Red, Blue, Yellow state. All a state of mind. I keep far away from shit. Far. That too is a poizen pill. 🤪
Agreed, the color of your state need not dictate the color of your home. Chances are more likely then not that the policies of the color of your state that you object to, don't effect you directly as much as you think.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He's right behind me, isn't he.jpg

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone else hearing spooky music?

I went in to trim my beard and my beard trimmer was dead, even after I replaced the battery.

I tried to use my electric hair clippers, but they were dead and wouldn't take a charge.

I then went to brush my teeth, and my electric toothbrush was dead, even after I replaced the battery.

The internet service was down most of the day and about the time it came back on, we lost power to the house..............

dogzter

Drapetomaniac

I went in to trim my beard and my beard trimmer was dead, even after I replaced the battery.

I tried to use my electric hair clippers, but they were dead and wouldn't take a charge.

I then went to brush my teeth, and my electric toothbrush was dead, even after I replaced the battery.

The internet service was down most of the day and about the time it came back on, we lost power to the house..............
Run!

HempKat

Veteran

Sounds like a poltergeist for sure. Assuming you paid your electric and internet bills on time. :biggrin:

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club

go back to bed and try again in a few hours

SubGirl

Premium user
420club

That is some weird shit GW. Maybe time to call in a priest. 😳

Littleleaf

Veteran

ers

We did get smacked with a CME yesterday. suspiciousObservers at youtube said.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We did get smacked with a CME yesterday. suspiciousObservers at youtube said.
Also a good idea and my first thought! The CME intensity was rated "severe" during that time frame and I considered that they all probably do have unshielded transistors which CME could possibly destroy, but none of the rest of our electrical or electronics seems permanently affected so still tongue in cheek.

I also wasn't an electrical spike from repairs during the outage or a lightning strike, because they weren't plugged in.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Also a good idea and my first thought! The CME intensity was rated "severe" during that time frame and I considered that they all probably do have unshielded transistors which CME could possibly destroy, but none of the rest of our electrical or electronics seems permanently affected so still tongue in cheek.

I also wasn't an electrical spike from repairs during the outage or a lightning strike, because they weren't plugged in.
Ghostses or aliens or possibly alien ghostses.........only logical conclusion.
😵