What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Goldhedge

Practice practice practice.....I wasn't musically inclined. While you musician's were busy practicing I was trying flies and walking a river with a dry fly.
Neither was I, but perseverance furthers... funny thing about success, it comes after years of practicing it.

It's like saying I could never learn to tie flies and learn how to fish. I'm not fishing inclined....

You are what you are because you put in the time to become who you are.

A pedestrian on 57th Street sees a musician, Jascha Heifetz getting out of a cab and asks, “How do you get to Carnegie Hall?” Without pause, the artist replies wearily, “Practice, practice, practice.”

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
How many and what kind....I have 13 Purple Cherokee. Like always

You obviously enjoyed it....I had other interests.
I only have room for a couple tomatoes. Im not sure what kind they are this old guy at the nursery said they were the best. I have 2 (4x8) square foot sections. Peppers in one and tomatoes, eggplant zucchini in the other. Already getting a lot of zucchini from my one hill plus my neighbor has been bringing them.

IMG_0207.jpeg

‘I’m not tired of them yet.
‘one of my jalapeño plants does not look like a jalapeno a bit longer but taste hotter and good for poppers

IMG_0206.jpeg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
The population explosion - and its VERY evident here in London England = mass migration - legal and illegal - which can be verified by what the mass populace consumes - food - phone contracts - queues to see doctors and have medical proceedures

- I waited a year to have my heart surgery - and could have easily had a heart attack and died waiting - like many do here in the UK - lack of places in schools - lack of social housing = huge waiting lists - wearing away the overburdened infrastructure - at an ever increasing rate - it's madness cramming so many people into such a small island - and so many different tribes too now - it's like a tinder box ready to explode - sooner or later - and successive governments lie about it - always - encouraging more of the same -

This fella can clue you in more-so - Paul Joseph Watson -

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
An EKG will reveal nothing about the heart problems that cause chest pains. The bare minimum is to get an echo cardiogram aka ultra sound of your heart. That will just give them a rough idea and if something shows up they'll likely want to do a stress test next. That still doesn't give a full picture of what's going on but it will reveal if there is a definite problem. The best test to see in detail is the cardi catherization aka Angiogram. It should be the first test in my opinion but it's pretty expensive so they make you go thru the other tests first just to justify the more expensive tests for the insurance companies. Do not take them telling you that you have a strong heart after an EKG as a reason to stop worrying. All an EKG is really good for revealing is if you have an irregular heartbeat. A few months ago after I had an echo cardiogram done they told me I had a strong heart too. Yet here I am facing potential heart surgery because of a problem my strong heart has.
Sorry you might have to have heart surgery man. That really sucks. They say what's wrong?

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
That's actually a good idea old man 👍 The EKG was quick and painless. Didn't think thats all they had to do. I'm happy I have a healthy heart. I think the main thing is the vice grip chest pain doesn't happen when I'm walking/exercising it's when I smoke lots of hash and sit down the wrong way probably, on my side squeezing my heart? The hospital kitchen was on the 2nd floor, I got to get a glimpse of some bacon and eggs. Well taking it easy.

Doober , i’m glad to hear that your heart tests came out positive and you’re a got a healthy heart, but that gripping of the chest is a sign of something other than your heart obviously. I don’t have the right to say this, but your diet is really lacking in quality food. You may have arterial disease, which is going to give you the same feeling if it’s in your chest, that a heart attack would… i’ve come to realize just how important a good diet is for health

oldmaninbc

The population explosion - and its VERY evident here in London England = mass migration - legal and illegal - which can be verified by what the mass populace consumes - food - phone contracts - queues to see doctors and have medical proceedures

- I waited a year to have my heart surgery - and could have easily had a heart attack and died waiting - like many do here in the UK - lack of places in schools - lack of social housing = huge waiting lists - wearing away the overburdened infrastructure - at an ever increasing rate - it's madness cramming so many people into such a small island - and so many different tribes too now - it's like a tinder box ready to explode - sooner or later - and successive governments lie about it - always - encouraging more of the same -

This fella can clue you in more-so - Paul Joseph Watson -

It really makes me wonder Gypsy, as your country is not the only one experiencing this situation. It seems to be a worldwide occurrence.

The powers that be in this world, seem intent on forcing their will on people without their consent, no matter the location. I fear for the life of my children and grandchildren. Those that have enough power to influence world affairs don't seem to give a rats ass about anything other than their own wants. That makes for a scary world in my book.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good day GW, that's a solid made vehicle the Grand Cherokee and it was totaled by a deer, well that sucks, for the jeep, the owner and probably the deer.

My only encounter was a deer giving a glancing blow as it ran into the side of my truck. I am not a fast driver so there have a number of close calls over the years.

I almost hit a cinnamon bear once, ran out right in front of me, fortunately because I'm not a fast driver, a light press on the brake prevented me hitting a most beautiful bear. In all my years around bears I have only seen 2 cinnamon bears.
It was in 2016 and though it was low miles and mint flawless, the 1995 wasn't worth a lot.

The deer was certainly the worst for being hit at about 55 mph dead center. After impact, it almost came over the hood and through the windshield, but after a couple bounces was pulled under and I drove over it. The Jeep smelled like a gutted deer
Did they still have the straight 6 in them in 1995. Great engine you couldn't kill it.
The 1995 Grand Cherokee Laredo Deer Slayer model had a 4L six and the 1995 GC Limited that I replaced it with had a 5.2L V8. They were both excellent engines.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Doober , i’m glad to hear that your heart tests came out positive and you’re a got a healthy heart, but that gripping of the chest is a sign of something other than your heart obviously. I don’t have the right to say this, but your diet is really lacking in quality food. You may have arterial disease, which is going to give you the same feeling if it’s in your chest, that a heart attack would… i’ve come to realize just how important a good diet is for health
Thanks boo 👍

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
An EKG that Says your heart is healthy is a good thing prolly means you haven’t damaged it “yet”. If you tell your doc you have been having pressure in your chest twice a day he/she will prolly want to do another test or three to make sure everything else is ok. It’s not normal to have chest pain and pressure.

And when doober drinks those milkshakes, it always makes me want one…🤪