What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

imiubu

There I wuz, enjoying God's Gift To Boys... and I suddenly see the scorpion tattooed on her ankle.

Why women put ink into perfect skin... Her man will see the signature of another man every time he looks at the tattoo. It eludes me.

It NEVER improves the original.
In my younger years, I had often considered getting a tat.
Having set around many tattoo parlors whilst my friends
were getting marked up... I never found anything on the
walls nor in the books that grabbed me so deeply that
I thought I must permanently mark my body with.

Didn't have any die hard beliefs displayed on my
bod either as what I most believe in was the kind bud.
Sure as hell was NOT going to get a pot leaf tat.
Nope, ya don't friggin advertise.

Music is another love and had on several occasions considered a bass clef
tat on the back of my neck, then... again... nope, not marring up my body.

So many ppl I know got some dumb ass tats that they later no longer
knew what possessed then to get in the first place.

Had a discussion about aging and tats w/ a co worker of mine some years ago.
He was full sleeved and working on his back being completed.
My thought was how freaking ugly they would look when one gets
fat/ old/ and wrinkly. He said "hey... then they'd be moving pictures".

So glad I never caught the tat 'fever' that some did.
Geesh, I remember some of those gals going to 'tatoo parties'... WTH? nah.

Well done by an exceptional artist is... well... art IMO
and I certainly do appreciate a good piece of art even
when displayed upon someone else's flesh.

Dime

So that's me trashed - if that does happen Walt - having no real assets - other than a bit of land in the Philippines - that I can't visit yet - still blacklisted - and a mortgage on my small London apartment thats gonna quadruple in 2 months - when I have to extend/renew the current one - due to the high Bank of England interest rates -
Can you get a cross border mortgage to soften the blow?

OleReynard

You gotta check out the whole story and link. The TBTF scenario will not work. The US dollar is too hollow. It will be instant dollar dump.

You are still thinking normalcy. 1980 was their last (slim) chance, and they ignored it. The US dollar is no longer the Petrodollar.

Thinking the "too big to fail" scenario can simply be replicated is about the same thinking as being on the Titanic after it hit the berg but the lights are all on, and there is brandy and comfy chairs available in the grand ballroom for some unforseeable hours.

It has an end that is inevitable. I just do not know how long it takes for the bow to go under. This time, it is not the brandy bar that gets temporarily closed, but the whole fucking ship goes down a mile and crashes in total destruction on the sea floor.

That is the real parallel. Gummint cannot fix it. The Titanic Gummint has no money** either.

** Money that will be accepted for debt or purchase.

Now get offa yer arse and change what "savings" paper you have into real money.

POST SCRIPT:

Chase Manhattan Has Wave Of Wire Frauds... Will NOT make good on looted funds. <--
Hmm... the bank was robbed, and if it was your money... well, tough shit. That's what you get for putting your money in our bank, asshole.
@Unca Walt where are you getting your info from?

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
In my younger years, I had often considered getting a tat.
Having set around many tattoo parlors whilst my friends
were getting marked up... I never found anything on the
walls nor in the books that grabbed me so deeply that
I thought I must permanently mark my body with.

Didn't have any die hard beliefs displayed on my
bod either as what I most believe in was the kind bud.
Sure as hell was NOT going to get a pot leaf tat.
Nope, ya don't friggin advertise.

Music is another love and had on several occasions considered a bass clef
tat on the back of my neck, then... again... nope, not marring up my body.

So many ppl I know got some dumb ass tats that they later no longer
knew what possessed then to get in the first place.

Had a discussion about aging and tats w/ a co worker of mine some years ago.
He was full sleeved and working on his back being completed.
My thought was how freaking ugly they would look when one gets
fat/ old/ and wrinkly. He said "hey... then they'd be moving pictures".

So glad I never caught the tat 'fever' that some did.
Geesh, I remember some of those gals going to 'tatoo parties'... WTH? nah.

Well done by an exceptional artist is... well... art IMO
and I certainly do appreciate a good piece of art even
when displayed upon someone else's flesh.
IMG_20240625_092800460.jpg

cola

One man's opinion : Watch the King (the US dollar).
If it ain't tankin, and fallin, neither is the Sky. Amen.

IF and When the controllers of the financial markets want everything to tank, it will happen. They will give it a push. There is a saying : "Never let a crisis go to waste". And they don't. Markets fluctuate for a reason. They help.

These trillionaires have the vast majority of their wealth tied up in USD related assets, for good reason. Liquidity.
If they chose to buy all the gold on the planet what do you think the price would be. You see, they aren't.

Little folks are doing so. And those trying to make a profit off of them are doing so, converting that profit wealth into USD. If you are really concerned keep an eye on the King. It has many followers. And always leads.

So far I see no evidence of any flight from the USD. Rather I see the contrary. The King is, alive, and well.
Some might say he has no clothes. But compared to anything else in this world, our only home, he's in fine robes.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
One man's opinion : Watch the King (the US dollar).
If it ain't tankin, and fallin, neither is the Sky. Amen.

IF and When the controllers of the financial markets want everything to tank, it will happen. They will give it a push. There is a saying : "Never let a crisis go to waste". And they don't. Markets fluctuate for a reason. They help.

These trillionaires have the vast majority of their wealth tied up in USD related assets, for good reason. Liquidity.
If they chose to buy all the gold on the planet what do you think the price would be. You see, they aren't.

Little folks are doing so. And those trying to make a profit off of them are doing so, converting that profit wealth into USD. If you are really concerned keep an eye on the King. It has many followers. And always leads.

So far I see no evidence of any flight from the USD. Rather I see the contrary. The King is, alive, and well.
Some might say he has no clothes. But compared to anything else in this world, our only home, he's in robes.

inflation and the demise of the dollar are inevitable

a dollar is worth less than a nickel calculating since 1913 when the federal reserve was born

cola

inflation and the demise of the dollar are inevitable

a dollar is worth less than a nickel calculating since 1913 when the federal reserve was born
How is it doing compared it to the rest?
If you bought well, and in the right area, your home went up, at least some did, 4X in a dozen or so years.
US real estate purchased in dollars converts that profit back into dollars. If one so chooses. An example.
We are all ol farts on this board. Are you really concerned about the price of a loaf of bread?
Seems to me that kicking back roasting and drinking some coffee is a much better pastime.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
If you bought well, and in the right area, your home went up, at least some did, 4X in a dozen or so years.
US real estate purchased in dollars converts that profit back into dollars. If one so chooses. An example.
We are all ol farts on this board. Are you really concerned about the price of a loaf of bread?
Seems to me that kicking back roasting and drinking some coffee is a much better pastime.

true , chillaxing and drinking coffee is a good pastime

concerned about the price of bread?……..no , not really , as an old fart , the older I get the less I have to prep

it make no mistake about it , there are millions of humans who are concerned about the price of a loaf of bread

one never really owns land now do they….we are allowed to stay on our land as long as we pay our taxes

stop paying property taxes and see how fast one gets booted off “their” land..

i quadrupled my fiat on the last house I sold

but so has a lot of things , like trucks , a new ford pickup is about $40,000..

OleReynard

Mine doubled and then some

OleReynard

true , chillaxing and drinking coffee is a good pastime

concerned about the price of bread?……..no , not really , as an old fart , the older I get the less I have to prep

it make no mistake about it , there are millions of humans who are concerned about the price of a loaf of bread

one never really owns land now do they….we are allowed to stay on our land as long as we pay our taxes

stop paying property taxes and see how fast one gets booted off “their” land..

i quadrupled my fiat on the last house I sold

but so has a lot of things , like trucks , a new ford pickup is about $40,000..
Maybe stripped down