What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Dime

true , chillaxing and drinking coffee is a good pastime

concerned about the price of bread?……..no , not really , as an old fart , the older I get the less I have to prep

it make no mistake about it , there are millions of humans who are concerned about the price of a loaf of bread

one never really owns land now do they….we are allowed to stay on our land as long as we pay our taxes

stop paying property taxes and see how fast one gets booted off “their” land..

i quadrupled my fiat on the last house I sold

but so has a lot of things , like trucks , a new ford pickup is about $40,000..
We have been brainwashed to accept what they do from early school days. In Canada we pay almost $3 to the royal fam per person in tax. Some places aren't like this.

Unca Walt

420club
this little sleepy village was on my expat list……it is like Malibu in the 60’s

Olon Ecuador
Nice place. Too fargin bad some sorry-ass humans moved there.

"Jan 11, 2024Soldiers in an armored vehicle are seen on patrol in Ecuador this week after President Daniel Noboa declared a 60-day state of emergency. In the span of a few short days this month, prison riots ..."

Country Summary: Crime is a widespread problem in Ecuador. Violent crime, such as murder, assault, kidnapping, and armed robbery, is prevalent and widespread.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The above is the overall... If you get specific, it gets really shaky.

A cut and paste:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Do not travel to:
  • Guayaquil, south of Portete de Tarqui Avenue, due to crime.
  • The cities of Huaquillas and Arenillas in the province of El Oro, due to crime.
  • The cities of Quevedo, Quinsaloma, and Pueblo Viejo in the province of Los Rios, due to crime.
  • The canton of Duran, in the province of Guayas, due to crime.
  • Esmeraldas city and all areas north of Esmeraldas city in Esmeraldas province, due to crime.

Dime

Don't think so - had an interest only mortgage initially since 2006 - and that ends in September - was 1.6% interest rate - in September they will want 7.5% - on an extended mortgage - making life much more expensive -
I hope you manage and overcome. By 2026 many people will go under. Especially the ones who had bidding wars and massively overpaid on their homes because they couldn't wait,the banks gave these loans knowing full well they weren't worth it and the future damage to be inflicted is by design. JMO.

Unca Walt

420club
In my younger years, I had often considered getting a tat.
Having set around many tattoo parlors whilst my friends
were getting marked up... I never found anything on the
walls nor in the books that grabbed me so deeply that
I thought I must permanently mark my body with.

Didn't have any die hard beliefs displayed on my
bod either as what I most believe in was the kind bud.
Sure as hell was NOT going to get a pot leaf tat.
Nope, ya don't friggin advertise.

Music is another love and had on several occasions considered a bass clef
tat on the back of my neck, then... again... nope, not marring up my body.

So many ppl I know got some dumb ass tats that they later no longer
knew what possessed then to get in the first place.

Had a discussion about aging and tats w/ a co worker of mine some years ago.
He was full sleeved and working on his back being completed.
My thought was how freaking ugly they would look when one gets
fat/ old/ and wrinkly. He said "hey... then they'd be moving pictures".

So glad I never caught the tat 'fever' that some did.
Geesh, I remember some of those gals going to 'tatoo parties'... WTH? nah.

Well done by an exceptional artist is... well... art IMO
and I certainly do appreciate a good piece of art even
when displayed upon someone else's flesh.
There was one guy (prolly easy to find the video on the net) who just liked the huge pineapple tattoo he got on his leg... Until he found out it is a homosexual symbol.
1719325537925.png

Unca Walt

420club
So all you guys holding bitcoin and as unca said it's gonna crash, now what?
I never said bitcoin is going to crash. I haven't a clue.

It may very well -- at least temporarily -- fill some parts of the economic society. It may morph into something not so vulnerable to stuff like EMP's, permanent grid collapse, Carrington Event, etc.

If it does that successfully, it could be a currency that could not be forged** and gets used globally.

** Aww cut the bullschtein, Unca. Humans can invent wallets; therefore humans can invent electric pickpockets. In WWII both sides in the European theater invented "infallible" coding machines-plus-mechanicals that could make a hundred billion paths to nowhere in solving.

Except both sides broke simply every fargin code ever fargin coded. With 1940's computing equipment.

Ever see the 10Megabyte memory "chip" being loaded in the huge transport airplane? You've got a billion times more handy now.

How long before the first quantum computer goes on line? Something that would take Big Blue a quarter of a million years to solve can be solved by a quantum computer in seconds.

How long before a wallet is the same level of security as a screen door?

Now lastly... WHAT, in all of the above scenarios does not change? Oh, yeah... Gold and silver.

Known in every country on earth. <-- Check

Cannot be printed as IOU. <-- Check

Has 5,000+ year history of always holding value. <-- Check

Last edited:

imiubu

So that's me trashed - if that does happen Walt - having no real assets - other than a bit of land in the Philippines - that I can't visit yet - still blacklisted - and a mortgage on my small London apartment thats gonna quadruple in 2 months - when I have to extend/renew the current one - due to the high Bank of England interest rates -
Yep, right there with ya brother.
Sans the mortgage, spouse and bebe's to worry about.

imiubu

I read sleepy village and made think of Sabbath's best imo

I used to enjoy 'old' Sabbath until one night at a friend of a friends,
when we were tripping "balls", and all she would play was Black Sabbath.
No amount of pleading would change her mind :O
We were too high for far to long b4 we could get the heck out of there.
No longer intentionally listen to Ozzy and crew :(

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
I used to enjoy 'old' Sabbath until one night at a friend of a friends,
when we were tripping "balls", and all she would play was Black Sabbath.
No amount of pleading would change her mind :O
We were too high for far to long b4 we could get the heck out of there.
No longer intentionally listen to Ozzy and crew :(
Them and stairway to heaven......... name a song you never wanna hear again.
😆

Classic from before the world changed again.

imiubu

Them and stairway to heaven......... name a song you never wanna hear again.
😆

Classic from before the world changed again.

Haha... Stairway at least lead me to be curious as to who "Gollum" was
and that in turn lead me to Tolkien so... something good came from it ;)

Edit to add:
Response to the bold text...
For the past few weeks I've been revisiting Stephen King's Gunslinger (Dark Tower)
series on audio book and your comment caused me to think of how Roland is always
saying "the world has moved on". :)

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Walk done. Tats and cash...hmmm. I have a tat. Got it My first weekend pass while in basic training.

Cash....I have about 10% of my $$ in gold and silver... thinking I should get more. I do see a bad moon rising. Question is how long before everything goes boom. Frankly. I have been hearing the rhetoric Walt is pushing since way before the millennial. Just saying.

Unca Walt

420club
The link is right there on the page. At that link, there are lotsa others.
Once you land on that page, you are gonna be hooked. Wait'll you see Wall Street's underwear.

A random grab from that site:

"Given that last spring the second, third and fourth largest bank failures in U.S. history occurred, handing over $30 billion in losses to the federal Deposit Insurance Fund, and one of those banks (Silicon Valley Bank) experienced the fastest run on its deposits in U.S. history, one particular item in the new report that caught our attention was this:

“Overall, estimated runnable money-like financial liabilities grew 8.8 percent to $21.3 trillion (75 percent of nominal GDP) over the past year...”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That, Pilgrims, is the number that should curdle your sperm. They made it far WORSE than 2008. A pissant $30 billion? Flick the flea off. Now these jokers are fucking with high number TRILLIONS of $$

75% of the whole fargin United States of America's Gross Domestic Product! <-- that is how far the banks have cheated.

Lissen to yer Unca. The game has changed. Get your money out of the market now. Change that money and any real money in banks to gold and silver. NOW.

Do nuthin' and wind up gettin' both yer legs busted, doan come runnin' to me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts