What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
All of my dogs as they grew older became apprehensive of thunderstorms,
a few were down right frightened. Scooter is just now beginning to come to
mama for reassurance and she is 11. I found the best way to calm her was
to place her inside of a quilted pillow case that zips up. She is comforted by
it for some reason.

View attachment 19021485
Don't think I have a pillow case big enough for the boys...Ivan learns from Dutch, not liking the boomers and the vacuum...he can be such a weenie at times but his confidant self is what he always presents...

imiubu

Bug drawings
https://www.icmag.com/media/img_9150-mov.18718870/

I like to draw and color them sometimes for fun. I think they are beautiful creatures but of course not in my kitchen…
Link must be from the super secret section of the site, I do not have permission to view.
I too color, w/ crayons, pencils and fine tip markers. In the winter months though.
Very meditative.

I am not what I'd consider and artist, as I can't even make stick ppl look right.
I am a dam fine 'colorist' however. haha

jokerman

Premium user
Good advice
1719100657959.png

imiubu

Yes, herbs can have some people gagging.
When I go to the nursery to buy herbs I like to rub the plants of the different varieties and read the information, hoping to find something acceptable.

When using herbs for a recipe I usually think of it like fertilizer and only use a portion of full strength.
Like with the Chicken Kiev recipe that was over powered by tarragon, when in reality1/4 of the amount of tarragon required in the recipe would have been good by me.

I could not make spaghetti sauce without oregano. But I never use excessive amounts of herbs, just a gentle amount just so it's noticed.
For sure, I love the smell of tarragon, and think I may have had a similar
experience that just turned me off from the taste of it.
I agree also that less is more in most cases.

I'm not sure if you were one of the folks that don't care for cilantro or not
but... I LOVE the stuff. Different flavors for different palates luckily :)

And... I'm with ya on the not like olive oil :)
Just not my thing and I've tried many brands over the years.
Too strong for my liking.

Watermelon though is okay but I don't eat it often.
If I were to have melon, I'd chose cantaloupe first.

imiubu

Don't think I have a pillow case big enough for the boys...Ivan learns from Dutch, not liking the boomers and the vacuum...he can be such a weenie at times but his confidant self is what he always presents...
Ah, the vacuum! None of my dogs liked it but weren't really scared of it.
One though, my 12lb. female min pin would attack the dam thing.
I had to lock her in the bedroom as she made it difficult to do the job.

cola

From the graph, one would almost think that the temperature oscillates from year to year😂 instead of ramping up at an alarming rate…

I remember as a kid in the 70’s being propagandized about the coming ice age(and being a kid, I was pretty concerned about that)…
View attachment 19021081

Not sure it's a Left's agenda. Y'all might consider me left, but I am not. Maybe a liberal conservative, lol. Dunno .. There are some very rich and controlling folk that would like to take control of our minds, and the planet too. Martin Armstrong, who can be a little dramatic for me at times, calls these sorts "Neocons". I am not certain they necessarily fit into any specific categorization or mold, other than that subscribed ultimately to, by incredible insatiable greed. Very likely and quite possibly the same kind of folks who march around the world today advocating for constant war.

I am certainly not a very big believer in the data showing extensive man made climate change, at least not to date. They did ice core studies in Greenland, which I am providing a link to, which shows that the earth was warmer before, and that this fluctuating pattern appears far more random than anything else subscribed to, imho. Ice Don't Lie! :love:

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

420club
For sure, I love the smell of tarragon, and think I may have had a similar
experience that just turned me off from the taste of it.
I agree also that less is more in most cases.

I'm not sure if you were one of the folks that don't care for cilantro or not
but... I LOVE the stuff. Different flavors for different palates luckily :)

And... I'm with ya on the not like olive oil :)
Just not my thing and I've tried many brands over the years.
Too strong for my liking.

Watermelon though is okay but I don't eat it often.
If I were to have melon, I'd chose cantaloupe first.
No, I don't care for Cilantro. I grew my own plants ONCE!

That's why I like grapeseed oil, subtle in flavour. Takes high heat, I like it.
Cantaloupe is my choice, my grandparents put salt on it.

I have to tread careful, I promised another OF I wouldn't make war on watermelon and olive oil:)

jokerman

Premium user
Yes. I'm pretty sure I can bounce bullets off my wrists like wonder woman. Maybe I dreamed that mess?
Not me
,got poisoned by asbestos and using a solvent MEK, gotten stabbed by metal and wood on jobs, got blown up in a through tripping a 400 amp breaker ,got burned with switch gear blew up ,got shot by a nail
gun on the other side of a wall and fell from ladders. and had a gun pulled on me 4 times tins☝️

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Link must be from the super secret section of the site, I do not have permission to view.
I too color, w/ crayons, pencils and fine tip markers. In the winter months though.
Very meditative.

I am not what I'd consider and artist, as I can't even make stick ppl look right.
I prolly just don’t know how to link the video up 🤪

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Very meditative.

A still shot I’m better at…
IMG_2834.jpeg